What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pura Cup 2007/2008 thread

good to see Stuey Macgill in the wickets.

Pity about the poor batting to end the day. Though we should still win this. Thornley , Haddin , Lambert , Casson and Nicholson should get us a decent lead.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
geez, it could be over by tomorrow night

been a while since Katich failed

griffo346

First Grade
cmon blues i have a final bet on this next week for blues to win pura cup and being at home would be a big advantage with Binga, Pup, Sarfraz and Andy G returning to the line up

griffo346

First Grade
should be looking at a lead of 200+ by stumps you would think possibly 1 hr before stumps send in SA

griffo346 said:
should be looking at a lead of 200+ by stumps you would think possibly 1 hr before stumps send in SA

Haddin or thornley will need to get a big hundred for that to happen.

any lead of over 100 and the Saca's are gone.

griffo346

First Grade
NSW lose there 5th wicket recently Haddin - caught Harris bowled Cullen 113 off 206

NSW 5/272 lead of 144 i reckon if they get close to 200 led they will declare and send in SA

griffo346

First Grade
Lambert out for 31

SA 128
Run Rate Required: 0.0
NSW 6/302 (90.2 overs)
Current Match Status: Day 2 - In Progress
Speedblitz Blues lead by 174 runs

Thornley on 86

lockyno1

Post Whore
NSW will bat all the way through. In the end it will be so hard batting last on this pitch. Get 250-300 ahead and then force SA to make over 250-300 on a horrid pitch

griffo346

First Grade
Thats Tea and Thornley is 99* good knock all be it slow and that also brings up the 200 lead for the blues if i was Kat i would declare now and send in the redbacks they wont get that

Victoria also take first innings points in there match they are currently 6/230

most noticeable scores D.Hussey 92 and Cam White 73

D

Deleted member 10972

SA is a really sad story. I mean, they have guys like Ferguson, Cosgrove, Christian - 3 highly talented young batsman, along with the solid Delmont. Two solid & experienced openers in Daniel Harris & Shane Deitz. A competent wicketkeeper in Graham Manou. Two talented spinners in Bailey & Cullen. A lower order biffer & part-time spinner in Adcock. A classic line & length man in Rofe, a speedster in Tait, & a reverse swing bowler in Ryan Harris. That is a very useful team IMO, just a shame they can't put it together consistently.