What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Real Reason Our Season Has Slipped Away

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Folks,

Thought it best to own up to why our team has gone from top to bottom.

Cast your mind back to when we were leading the comp ( its not that long ago ).
Here l was, getting all excited at the prospect of playing semi finals football.
Heck, l was even silly enough to think we could consider winning the big one, so ........
when l was at my weakest point, l splashed the cash and bought a Dragons car decal
and that was it.

By showing the world that I was a Dragons fan, l had put the mocker on our team.
Nothing surer, from that moment on, our beloved red & whites started our slide down the table.

Who would have thought, the Dogs ........... couldn't win a game but they beat us.
The Knights.......... sitting last on the table, getting smacked by all and sundry, beat us.
Souths.......... the team that hate their coach, win it for him by coming from behind to beat us.

Why the hell did l put that dam sticker on my ute?
All l can say is, sorry.

Slide2.JPG

Last edited:

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Folks,

Here l was, getting all excited at the prospect of playing semi finals football.
Heck, l was even silly enough to think we could consider winning the big one, so ........
when l was at my weakest point, l splashed the cash and bought a see thru Dragons car decal
and that was it.

By showing the world that I was a Dragons fan, l had put the mocker on our team.
Nothing surer, from that moment on, our beloved red & whites started our slide down the table.

Who would have thought, the Dogs ........... couldn't win a game but they beat us.
The Knights.......... sitting last on the table, getting smacked by all and sundry, beat us.
Souths.......... the team that hate their coach, win it for him by coming from behind to beat us.

All l can say is, sorry.

View attachment 14660
We're like one of those horses at the Melbourne Cup that lead the field till the last turn then end up running last.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Folks,

when l was at my weakest point, l splashed the cash and bought a Dragons car decal
and that was it.

All l can say is, sorry.

View attachment 14660
Can yo take the decal off?? We've got 4 rounds to go so there's still a chance we'll play finals footy!!

Gomarchin

Juniors
Oooh If only it were that easy,remove the Coach before the decal.
It will never happen. I honestly believe Mary wouldn't be feeling any pressure at all and in no threat of losing his job. The fact we'll finish 10-12 on the table means we've overachieved this year - according to the board/CEO. How pathetic is that??? Can we please go back to St George and ditch the Illawarra medicocrity mentality?!

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
It will never happen. I honestly believe Mary wouldn't be feeling any pressure at all and in no threat of losing his job. The fact we'll finish 10-12 on the table means we've overachieved this year - according to the board/CEO. How pathetic is that??? Can we please go back to St George and ditch the Illawarra medicocrity mentality?!

Yep. Only has to finish one spot higher on the ladder than last year and he can say the team is improving.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Can yo take the decal off?? We've got 4 rounds to go so there's still a chance we'll play finals footy!!

Sorry mate, not a chance.

When we were leading the comp, people driving pass would throw daggers at me.

When we started to slide, people driving pass would laugh at me.

Now that we're are out of the eight, people driving pass now offer sympathy and condolences!

After next weeks game, l'm mounting donation boxes on either side of the car!

Hopefully, when l stop at the traffic lights, l can get gold coin donations!!!!

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
Was out at dinner last night, looked up at TV screen & we were ahead, by the time we walked across the road into the Surf Club we had been beaten.
I wished I got hit by a car as I walked across the street, so I didn't have to die of this slow death.
I'm glad you didn't get hit by a car mate, it's just a game of footy. You think the club would be feeling as bad as you?? Of course not.

hazzbeen

Bench
Folks,

and that was it.

All l can say is, sorry.

View attachment 14660
Easy old mate just use the grinder you have there and cut it out .....

As soon as the club decided to give Mary a new contract to me that was the start of the nail being hit into the coffin.

Why again did they rush in when they didn't need to.

No other club wanted him as basically the league world know he isn't any good and will never improve no matter what players the club have or sign.

I even had info from a former sponsor of the club the reason they pulled their sponsorship is they couldn't stand his arrogant attitude.

Latest posts