What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Road to the Finals

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Raiders win, despite a late scare. Puts us in an interesting position now. Kind of kicking ourselves for not going on with it with the Titans, eh? I'm sure we could manage to lose by less than 20 points, say. Still, 2 points better than nothing!

It gives is a 2 point buffer, which means nothing really, still need to win. If we lose by 2 it will look a bit suss won't it?

Rebel

First Grade
I remember the game against the raiders a few weeks ago when cappy rested players and left only 12 on the field. We conceeded 18 points.

That decision may have f**ked up our season.

Blair

Coach
I remember the game against the raiders a few weeks ago when cappy rested players and left only 12 on the field. We conceeded 18 points.

That decision may have f**ked up our season.

I was going to post this too.

We would have had a 20 point buffer now, a pretty good guarantee we'd stay in the eight.

Gee, let's just win tomorrow ay?

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Plenty of moments to think back on and regret in a season this close. But the one regret we will all remember is if we don't turn up tomorrow. At the end of the day, we have done enough to leave it in our own hands. Just have to get the job done tomorrow.

Rebel

First Grade
Soooo assuming the bulldogs beat the titans (I know its dangerous to assume, but hey)

We lose to the panthers by 3 or more: No finals footy.
We lose to the panthers 1 or 2 points: We play cowboys in townsville.
We beat Panthers: We play the Storm in Melbourne.

jaseg

Juniors
So that gives a lot more shape to the 8. Here's the options for the Warriors finals hopes tomorrow;

1) Warriors win and Bulldogs lose:
Repeat of Warriors vs Panthers in Sydney, having just beaten Panthers the week before (Warriors finish 7th)

2) Warriors win and Bulldogs win:
Warriors vs Storm in Melbourne (Warriors finish 8th)

3) Warriors draw / lose by 2 or 1 point/s:
Warriors vs Cowboys in Townsville (Warriors finish 8th)

4) Warriors lose by 3 or more:
No finals footy for us (Warriors finish 9th)

Ranked the options in order of preference.

Blair

Coach
Soooo assuming the bulldogs beat the titans (I know its dangerous to assume, but hey)

We lose to the panthers by 3 or more: No finals footy.
We lose to the panthers 1 or 2 points: We play cowboys in townsville.
We beat Panthers: We play the Storm in Melbourne.

Well that second scenario is almost as bad as losing by the first scenario.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Looking like we will probably play the Storm next week if we win then. Should have an optimistic / silly look if there are any cheap airfares... Tell you what, we massively have the wood over them in finals games, could be interesting if that eventuates.

Blair

Coach
Weather terrible, we should feel right at home.

Another crazy scenario to ponder, what if we're down by six points and score a last gasp try to take it within two.

We don't put over the conversion and send the game into extra-time, do we?

Have a think about it!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Weather terrible, we should feel right at home.

Another crazy scenario to ponder, what if we're down by six points and score a last gasp try to take it within two.

We don't put over the conversion and send the game into extra-time, do we?

Have a think about it!

You just blew my mind.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
I was thinking of a similar scenario. Down by 2 and get a penalty right in front to send it to extra time. Because, of course, they could always score a try in extra time! What a disaster that would be.

I'm not even sure what I would prefer - I guess you have to back yourself and go for it though? Its not really in the spirit of the game to intentionally not try to win...playing the Cowboys up in Townville next week would be a bloody hard game anyway.

Another scenario is we are down by 7 and get a try on the buzzer right in the corner...if the kick goes over the Warriors fans go crazy, and the Panthers fans would look very confused. I think there will be a lot of incorrectly happy Warriors fans if we lose by 3, based on what I've read on their Facebook page.

Just sitting around passing the time before I drive out to the game...gonna be a beauty.

Rich102

Staff member
What about if we are down 64-0 with two minutes to go. We are given a penalty right in front. Do we take the 2?

vvvrulz

Coach
I'd much rather take on the Storm in AAMI than the Cows in Townsville.

The Storm look like their old selves in parts, and then patchy as hell in others.
Slater isn't what he used to be and they rely far too much on Smiddy, we have a chance there.

Cows is goodnight I reckon