What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roman Rumble 2016

Parra Pride

Coach
Ziggler never looks weak against the top guys, they just won't pull the trigger on him. Ambrose is looking like getting stuck in that same spot, and I'm honestly expecting that to be AJ's fate over the next however many years. It's alright though, at least we have Roman. :crazy:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Swagger and The Miz were totally punked out. At least Ziggler got to go toe to toe with a few big names and look okay doing so.

They won't why they have no stars. They treat former champions like jokes when, by keeping them marginally strong, they wouldn't be in a position where their only main event level face is almost universally booed.

As much as it's the PG era, the WWE treats its Attitude and pre-Attitude stars better than anyone, giving them time they shouldn't have.

I've always been a huge Jericho fan, but he has no place on the top card anymore, therefore, no place being there anymore.

Show and Kane have had their time as single's guys, they should be doing tag team stuff now if they want to stay there.

Mark Henry has always been shit. Can't believe he got the golden run given he's always been such a limited performer imo.

Ziggler, Rusev and Cesaro should all be challenging for the main belt.

redvscotty

First Grade
Ziggler moving to pants over undies was a good move. Hate dudes in undies. Are you going swimming or are you gonna roll around on a mat with another dude/s?

Zigglers only down point from me is the way he over-exaggerates certain moves he has. Other than that, love the bloke.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
He also needs a haircut.

I cringe every time I see him come out with a hairstyle I saw girls wear at my primary schools in the 80s and early 90s!!!!

Apart from that I'm still a fan. I still can't believe the name Dolph Ziggler stuck though, hah, he's been up against it right from the beginning!

DB

First Grade
I wish the camera work for AJ's entrance was this one.

[youtube]KuBVcsPVPyQ[/youtube]

Parra Pride

Coach
It was very important for the drama of the match that we had a close up of Roman's face during AJ's entrance.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mmhmmm.

Although, Ziggler does himself little favour.

If you work like a mid-carder, don't be surprised if you get booked like one.

Tbh I've heard this before, but I'm not sure I agree.

He stole the show at Survivor Series 2014, and I'm not sure what else he can do to get the push he deserves.

He's able to put out a great match with just about anyone imo.

Having said that, I think he needs a name and gimmick change.

Big Pete

Referee
Tbh I've heard this before, but I'm not sure I agree.

He stole the show at Survivor Series 2014, and I'm not sure what else he can do to get the push he deserves.

He's able to put out a great match with just about anyone imo.

Having said that, I think he needs a name and gimmick change.

The WWE have missed the boat on him either way. I agree that they should have pulled the trigger on him in 2013 and 2014 but feel at this point he's been successfully branded as a career mid-carder. At least in the WWE. I almost think he'd be better off going to another company (NJPW) making a name for himself under a different gimmick and bringing that to the WWE. That's what I'd tell him to do if he really wanted to become a top guy in the WWE. As it stands, I think he's just happy to earn a really decent living and he doesn't care whether he's a top guy or not.

The problem with Dolph is that he hasn't perfected the WWE main event style. He hasn't been able to emote as a larger than life character nor protect his moves to the point where fans can get invested. That's especially true with the superkick which is a move everyone uses these days. He needs to find a few new spots, make them his own and go from there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The WWE have missed the boat on him either way. I agree that they should have pulled the trigger on him in 2013 and 2014 but feel at this point he's been successfully branded as a career mid-carder. At least in the WWE. I almost think he'd be better off going to another company (NJPW) making a name for himself under a different gimmick and bringing that to the WWE. That's what I'd tell him to do if he really wanted to become a top guy in the WWE. As it stands, I think he's just happy to earn a really decent living and he doesn't care whether he's a top guy or not.

The problem with Dolph is that he hasn't perfected the WWE main event style. He hasn't been able to emote as a larger than life character nor protect his moves to the point where fans can get invested. That's especially true with the superkick which is a move everyone uses these days. He needs to find a few new spots, make them his own and go from there.

Fair points.

I'd love to see him become this generation's HBK, but it's not likely.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Hated the rumble. It seemed to obvious. Nothing great happened besides AJ debuting.

The ending felt way too rushed..look triple h almost eliminated then a second later bam he wins.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The problem Ziggler may find at the moment is that the heel side of things (LON, Wyatt's, New Day, Owens) is pretty full and that's where he's at his best IMO.

No Cena, Orton, Bryan, means he's needed on the face side of things because really there's not a lot there, and a lot of those who are there have been jobbed out too much (Show, Kane, even the Dudleyz and Ziggler are heading that way) to make the heels look strong enough to be fed to the all conquering faces.

Having said that, would still like to see Ziggler turn (should have done it last year before getting stuck in that god awful Rusev feud.)

Ziggler never looks weak against the top guys, they just won't pull the trigger on him. Ambrose is looking like getting stuck in that same spot, and I'm honestly expecting that to be AJ's fate over the next however many years. It's alright though, at least we have Roman. :crazy:

There's a ton of guys they never pulled the trigger on, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett. Dolph is just another on this list although he made it further along than pretty much all the others. To think that Austin is regarded as one of the all time biggest draws and he only headlined 3 wrestlemanias, the likes of HHH and Cena have been in the main event scene for over a decade. It's only when someone truly spectacular comes along (Punk, Bryan) that they even get a look in. Even then Punk never headlined Mania.