What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rules!

Moffo

Referee
Hi everyone,

As spring beckons, we look forward to flowers, sunshine and the mighty gallops as the big races come to us from Melbourne!

Due to the success of this in previous years, we have expanded the competition for 2005. The rules are as follows:

- There will be two sweeps. One for the Caulfield Cup and one for the Melbourne Cup. We will be running a number of sweeps, so there is no limit on the number of people that can participate. In other words, you're always welcome to enter!

- That said, please keep in mind that we need to allocate horses to people so by latest, can we have everyone in by Thursday 13th October for the Caulfield Cup and Sunday 30th October for the Melbourne Cup

- You only need to enter once. By putting your name down once you will be included in both sweeps. That said, if you miss the Caulfield Cup, you can still enter for the Melbourne Cup

- Sweep winners for the Caulfield Cup are allowed to enter again for the Melbourne Cup

- Winners of each sweep (i.e. the Melbourne and Caulfield Cups) will be pooled together and allocated a horse in the grand final, which will the Thursday after the Melbourne Cup. The race we have decided on is the Oaks.

- The winners of this will be declared the LU Sweepstakes grand master! We are still finalising the final details with this one...so if i may, i'll ask for a bit of patience with this one

Any questions? Ask away!

Enjoy all, I'll be posting up a preview of each event in the very near future. All other general discussion on the carnival is more then welcome here as well

Giddy Up!

Finally, you may want to check out http://www.springracingcarnival.com.au/ for all the info on the big event

Cheers all,
Moffo

Macca_

Coach
Moffo said:
- Winners of each sweep (i.e. the Melbourne and Caulfield Cups) will be pooled together and allocated a horse in the grand final, which will the Thursday after the Melbourne Cup. The race we have decided on is the Derby.
That be the Oaks right? Derby is on Saturday before Cup...