What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Drag Queen

Bench
I’ll take a fullback who can break a game open on his own any day of the week.
I haven't seen this for a few games now. Other teams seem to be all over him now.
That weak FB has got us home in 3 games. Just saying.
No offence but his defence has lost us quite a few points too. Probably more than he has gained. Surely I'm not the only one to take note of this?

Life's Good

Coach
I haven't seen this for a few games now. Other teams seem to be all over him now.

No offence but his defence has lost us quite a few points too. Probably more than he has gained. Surely I'm not the only one to take note of this?

Sigh.

He got us out of jail vs. the Eels which was 2 games ago not a ‘few’.
The defence in the game against Melbourne was an all round sh*t show that wasn’t solely a Dufty problem. I think you’re clutching at straws in trying to rope other supporters into your thinking of Dufty.

ouryears

Bench
I tend to disagree

C'mon BGB. No offence, but Dufty is not our answer as FB. Name a weaker fullback in NRL today,
DQ, do you know what his stats on missed tables and ineffective tackles are?

I don't, but I will see if I can find it.

It may be lower than we think.

Vs his tries and try assists?

Drag Queen

Bench
Sigh.

He got us out of jail vs. the Eels which was 2 games ago not a ‘few’.
The defence in the game against Melbourne was an all round sh*t show that wasn’t solely a Dufty problem. I think you’re clutching at straws in trying to rope other supporters into your thinking of Dufty.
Not so Life's Good. I did not blame our loss to Melbourne on Dufty. Far from it. His inability to defend is a worry though. I'm fairly sure every other team has picked up on this.

Life's Good

Coach
Not so Life's Good. I did not blame our loss to Melbourne on Dufty. Far from it. His inability to defend is a worry though. I'm fairly sure every other team has picked up on this.

Why would other teams pick up on it? Whilst he’s not the strongest defender he’s better than a whole host of other FB’s(check out the link). Add that to his attacking workload & you have a quality player.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...By=missedTackles&position=fullback&isAvg=true

Drag Queen

Bench
Why would other teams pick up on it? Whilst he’s not the strongest defender he’s better than a whole host of other FB’s(check out the link). Add that to his attacking workload & you have a quality player.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...By=missedTackles&position=fullback&isAvg=true
We obviously beg to differ. He can't get a leg up with other teams crushing him down. I can't get this link up. I think he is our weakest link. I can't get onto your link but for mine but I think we could do better, Cheers

Drag Queen

Bench
DQ, do you know what his stats on missed tables and ineffective tackles are?

I don't, but I will see if I can find it.

It may be lower than we think.

Vs his tries and try assists?
I'm fairly sure he has only two try assists, Correct me if I'm wrong.

Drag Queen

Bench
I thought this was a rumour thread not a Dufty thread. If you want to talk about Dufty make up a thread on that.
I want to hear about possible signings or other issues involving the Dragons.
So who do you want to sign GT? Please don't say Ponga because we have Buckley's and none of getting him.. There is a thread about signing Dufty until 2019. I'm pretty sure it has at least a hundred posts.

Crush

Coach
I’m still not sure about Mann.
People here love him.
But I don’t think I’ve ever seen enough of him in one position to form an opinion.
I thought when he started he should have been given a better go at fullback, but now we have Dufty, so that’s out.
Not sure he has the pace I’d like to see one of our wingers have?
Not sure he has the skills for centre?
I just don’t know?
I'm with you here. For me Mann is a good player and deserves to be in our top 17 at the moment but doesn't seem to be a great player. I can't imagine him playing Origin for example. Whereas I can see all of our other starting 13 playing rep footy at one stage.
He does have an error in him too. I guess that comes from trying to prove himself and nail down a top 13 jumper all the time but.
I might be wrong but I'm not sure where his ceiling is, I don't think its all that high.

The Damo

Juniors
I'm fairly sure he has only two try assists, Correct me if I'm wrong.
Okay I will :)
8 try assists
9 tries
11 line breaks
6 line break assists
60 tackle breaks - equal to Turbo, behind only Ponga and Tedesco at fullback.
1846 run metres - his average metres per run is equal to Tedesco, and a metre more than Turbo Tom.
5 offloads
A pleasant surprise looking at these, he’s going even better than I thought.

Drag Queen

Bench
8 try assists
9 tries
11 line breaks
6 line break assists
1846 run metres - his average metres per run is equal to Tedesco, and a metre more than Turbo Tom.
5 offloads
Well that is a pleasant surprise. Cheers Damo

Overseas dragon

Juniors
8 try assists
9 tries
11 line breaks
6 line break assists
5 offloads
i wouldnt take anything drag says about Dufty shes been on his case since before he came to first grade we have heard it all before her hatred of the boy is there for all to see .go back to Nz darling and support sonny bill or one of those other wonderfully loyal kiwis....

Drag Queen

Bench
i wouldnt take anything drag says about Dufty shes been on his case since before he came to first grade we have heard it all before her hatred of the boy is there for all to see .go back to Nz darling and support sonny bill or one of those other wonderfully loyal kiwis....
Hate is a strong word OD and for the record I don't hate anyone including Dufty. PS. Stay in the Philipines with your child bride as I'm not going anywhere. Cheers