What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SBD82

Coach
Not better.
Melbourne and Brisbane are one team towns, they have a captive corporate market.
Roosters have Uncle Nick and his endless supply of corporate mates.
This is why the TPA arrangement is completely unfair and distorts the intended purpose of a salary cap.
The intended purpose of the salary cap is not, and never was, to create a level playing field.

The purpose of the salary cap was so that poorer clubs would not send themselves broke trying to outbid the rich clubs for players.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The intended purpose of the salary cap is not, and never was, to create a level playing field.

The purpose of the salary cap was so that poorer clubs would not send themselves broke trying to outbid the rich clubs for players.
You may be correct.

But I actually thought one of the purposes of the salary cap was to prevent the richer clubs being able to spend more than the allocated salary cap.

The salary cap, one of the great mysteries of the universe.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I just read on the Souths forum that Hess could be a chance of moving clubs. I recall reading that Easts were linked to him earlier in the year. I think his future lies in the middle, at lock or prop. I think he would be a great acquisition. I doubt it will happen though.

redVinme

Juniors
I just read on the Souths forum that Hess could be a chance of moving clubs. I recall reading that Easts were linked to him earlier in the year. I think his future lies in the middle, at lock or prop. I think he would be a great acquisition. I doubt it will happen though.

I've heard similar and agree he should move to the middle going forward. With all the talks of Nene wanting to move north and with winterstein retiring we may actually have it over the other clubs and could even potentially facilitate a swap of sorts?

Bench
There is an article in the SMH regarding Daniel Tupou that he could be on the move. It goes on to saying Dragons could be a potential home if Nightingale retires.
What do people think about him as a signing

Frank Facer

First Grade
There is an article in the SMH regarding Daniel Tupou that he could be on the move. It goes on to saying Dragons could be a potential home if Nightingale retires.
What do people think about him as a signing
He is alright, he would certainly be an upgrade on Nightingale. He is a great target in the air.

Frank Facer

First Grade
After realising that Pereira is only 20, I think he has a future at our club. Lomax obviously has a future too. That would be 2 spots taken, if McDonald goes back to Nth Qld too, then we would only need one more good centre and one more good winger. I am hoping Marsters can take one wing or centre spot, leaving only one spot left. I like the idea of Rapana on one wing. A backline of

1 Dufty
2 Pereira
3 Lomax
4 Marsters
5 Rapana
6 Widdop
7 Hunt

would look better than what we currently have right now.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
last weeks performance further proves that if our young stars are given a crack at first grade given the fact that periera is maybe 3rd on my pecking order behind lomax and herbert .young backs can shine at a younger age than the forwards .maybe if we are lucky a couple of our tortoise like backs will get injured ,one can only hope so because its certain MARY WILL NEVER DROP ANYBODY .....

Drakon

Juniors
After realising that Pereira is only 20, I think he has a future at our club. Lomax obviously has a future too. That would be 2 spots taken, if McDonald goes back to Nth Qld too, then we would only need one more good centre and one more good winger. I am hoping Marsters can take one wing or centre spot, leaving only one spot left. I like the idea of Rapana on one wing. A backline of

1 Dufty
2 Pereira
3 Lomax
4 Marsters
5 Rapana
6 Widdop
7 Hunt

would look better than what we currently have right now.
Nah, Pereira is 25 Frank. D.O.B. 6/4/93
Glad he got a chance last weekend hope he does well on Sunday,