What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/10/nrl-top-30-squads-to-be-published-to-increase-transparency/

Am I right in reading that, according to the way the top 30 is set up, James Graham is part of the Bulldogs top 30 for this year as well as ours? as the Bulldogs are paying his salary (part) this year.

If so, I'm all for this transparency as it will make it far simpler to see where clubs are and why they recruit the way they do.

I believe this only applies to clubs releasing players before their contract expires, not the player requesting a release, but I could be wrong. If so, we now know why we haven't looked to trade off players such as Aitken and Lafai (for example) as they would have still impacted our salary cap and top 30 positions until 2021.

Now this is going to be taken out so we have more room to move on "underperforming" players without penalising the top 30. A very good thing I say!

slippery5

Juniors
I'll tell you what after watching K.Sims tonight im feeling less hesitant about his signing. He's making good yards and has scored 3 trys in two weeks running good hard lines if his lateral movement is any good he's probably got the skill to play 2nd row also. So you are right there is some variety there. Like you say though it is slim pickings was there still talk about that rabbits prop we tried to get pre june 30? Musgrove i think. He looks a good type too
Simms was Broncos standout b4 he got injured(fact). He will bring a new dimension playing with his brother now that they are a little more mature, those who doubt his ability are probably those who doubted Tariq, when he was signed mid season.
Just for the record, I thought it was a great signing with Tariq as I do with Korbin.

E6DBE07F-6F7A-4969-B3C6-07894C262B3F.jpeg
“St George Illawarra today named thier new coach for the 2019 season. In thier statement they said while they realise he is young and has no experience to speak of he will grow into the role, learn on the job and they expect him to be a top line first grade coach in the years to come”

blacksafake

First Grade
View attachment 22337
“St George Illawarra today named thier new coach for the 2019 season. In thier statement they said while they realise he is young and has no experience to speak of he will grow into the role, learn on the job and they expect him to be a top line first grade coach in the years to come”
Just as long as he is from the Illawarra League & a "career" coach.;)

Frank Facer

First Grade
Wayne Bennett will coach at a rival Sydney club in 2019.
Which club could that possibly be?
Gotta be Dragons.
I think it will be us. The contenders would be us, Penrith and Souths. Bennett wouldn't want to go to Manly or Canterbury with their salary cap problems. It could be a straight swap with Seibold, but Souths would want to keep Seibold for next year. Penrith will only be offering a 2 year deal, as they want to be able to sign Cleary when he comes off contract at the end of 2020. Parra are the only other club that could be an option, but they would have to sack Arthur.

Bench
On the flip side I would think that we cannot afford to keep him.
Based on the last four years one more year will cripple us.
He is a one dimensional coach and does not have the ability to have a decent plan.
Look at Parramatta move Hayne to wing, a master stroke.
Players will not want to come here under McIdiot and our juniors will leave as there is no pathway to the top grade.
I hope our new CEO fires him

Life's Good

Coach
No money to pay him out.
CC
They shouldn’t have too pay him out if the built very clear KPI’s into the deal.
When they resigned the dunce last year they should have stipulated Top 4 or bust given ‘it’s the team you wanted’.
Knowing our board they probably stipulated Top 4 by mid year only.