What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
I have a rumour to share
Laurie Daley to coach in 2018
Will be giving up coaching nsw after this series
Just a rumour maybe,maybe not

F@@k me ! Can it get any worse ? I mean , for pity sake , we lost big Russ last week , the Duges today and now the news that , that scatterbrain Daley is to coach the Dragons next year .
It is enough for a man to spend all of his miserable savings for a one night stand with one of them ' ladies of the night ' at that Kings bluudy Cross. After that take a tram to the Gap and take a flying leap into the ocean .

Old Timer

Coach
I have a rumour to share
Laurie Daley to coach in 2018
Will be giving up coaching nsw after this series
Just a rumour maybe,maybe not
Interesting but if we get belted again by Qld which I suspect can happen then Gonzo won't be giving up coaching NSW he will be punted over the dead ball line.
If we were to ever get that wanker to coach our club it would be a very sad day indeed.

Reactions: Qdf

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The strong rumour is that the nasty side of some StGI fans is about to come into full view yet again.
It is again evident that some of the very people that openly cheered for you 5 minutes ago are now going to relentlessly rubbish you and bag you because you dared to leave this club.
Warning to everyone coming to our club that there are some people who will cheer you on and respect your decision to move but unfortunately there are plenty of fair weather friends who will turn on you for no good reason if you even so much as look like leaving.

All clubs have a 'rogue' element within its fanbase; it isn't exclusive to SGI.

Personally I believe it's the manner in which a player chooses to leave the club that determines the level of vitriol. For example, not much spite was thrown in the way of Benji Marshall last year.

monsterkev

Juniors
Doust has been after Daley since 2014 to coach
Daley has stated he wants to coach in the nrl and has strong links to the dragons and he is only contracted to the blues until this series and their has been no indication from hierarchy that he will be retained and they are not in a hurry to discuss the issue
I like many others hope this is not true
But there is something going on behind the scenes
Otherwise Mary should have had a new contract by now
And as we all know with a new coach new players will come and some will go which is happening now
The players that are coming and going for next season is not what Mary wants or asked for
I think we will find out what is going on after state of origin and millward is a former assistant coach of the raiders so maybe this has something to do with why Daley is being mentioned and why we keep buying raiders players

Old Timer

Coach

Personally I believe it's the manner in which a player chooses to leave the club that determines the level of vitriol. For example, not much spite was thrown in the way of Benji Marshall last year.
Yes and unfortunately all the mid year dealings and announcements just adds to the angst.

Old Timer

Coach
Doust has been after Daley since 2014 to coach
Daley has stated he wants to coach in the nrl and has strong links to the dragons and he is only contracted to the blues until this series and their has been no indication from hierarchy that he will be retained and they are not in a hurry to discuss the issue
I like many others hope this is not true
But there is something going on behind the scenes
Otherwise Mary should have had a new contract by now
And as we all know with a new coach new players will come and some will go which is happening now
The players that are coming and going for next season is not what Mary wants or asked for
I think we will find out what is going on after state of origin and millward is a former assistant coach of the raiders so maybe this has something to do with why Daley is being mentioned and why we keep buying raiders players
I can see much merit in your thinking.
If it comes to pass it will be a nightmare.

Benji is hardly a good example

mickeylane

Bench
Not sure if this is good or bad news but Paul Vaughan looks a certainty of not being picked for NSW team - at least he will only return to Dragons jet lagged and not bashed ready for Tigers game - he will have a point to prove to Laurie Daley especially if Blues lose like i expect them to in the first game in Brisbane..

OzDragon

Coach
Not sure if this is good or bad news but Paul Vaughan looks a certainty of not being picked for NSW team - at least he will only return to Dragons jet lagged and not bashed ready for Tigers game - he will have a point to prove to Laurie Daley especially if Blues lose like i expect them to in the first game in Brisbane..
Well I'm not upset. But if he doesn't get picked, just shows how dumb the boys club at NSW really is.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Jokes aside, Daley is a joke and will continue to select tried & tested series losers like Farrah and the special of the day, Pearce. It pains me to say that NSW will again get flogged simply because Daley has his head buried in the sand deeper than Mary and the penny just doesn't drop that we need to move forward and blood new able players like Vaugan and alike.

Queensland are always a step ahead of our blues because our coaches are so far behind.

Latest posts