What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

blacksafake

First Grade
Doust has been after Daley since 2014 to coach
Daley has stated he wants to coach in the nrl and has strong links to the dragons and he is only contracted to the blues until this series and their has been no indication from hierarchy that he will be retained and they are not in a hurry to discuss the issue
I like many others hope this is not true
But there is something going on behind the scenes
Otherwise Mary should have had a new contract by now
And as we all know with a new coach new players will come and some will go which is happening now
The players that are coming and going for next season is not what Mary wants or asked for
I think we will find out what is going on after state of origin and millward is a former assistant coach of the raiders so maybe this has something to do with why Daley is being mentioned and why we keep buying raiders players
Jesus monster Kev I hope it is only a rumour but I did hear something along the same lines about 18 months ago. One question though, Daley is a noted fan of Dugan so if he has had some say I'm a bit surprised.

Minh

First Grade
Paul Vaughan is currently the best prop in the game at IMO, look at the stats for 2017 and how he stacks up..,

Paul Vaughan 149.30 metres per game from 15.5 hit ups....0.40 line breaks per game too.
Russel packer is a beast but is behind on stats 104.10 metres per game from 11.50 hitups...0.20 line breaks per game.
James Graham 133.70 metres per game from 16.10 hit ups....0 line breaks.

Sam Kasiano 93.50 metres per game from 9.70 hit ups....0 line breaks.

Im so glad we've tied him up long term, he's a machine.....

monsterkev

Juniors
Jesus monster Kev I hope it is only a rumour but I did hear something along the same lines about 18 months ago. One question though, Daley is a noted fan of Dugan so if he has had some say I'm a bit surprised.
Yes I am not a fan of Daley
I think Dugan was always going to leave As he did not get what he wanted from the dragons
Remember he originally wanted 1.2 mil
I'm glad we didn't cave in and pay him that sort of money

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Can anyone shed light on how Masoe is coming along will he be playing first grade soon

Mose will not be playing first grade at all this year, nor does he deserve too. I feel bad for the bloke with his run of injuries, but since he has returned he's been really poor... Minimal impact, playing reduced minutes and was relegated to the bench in lieu of Josh Kerr.
He'll be sitting in NSW Cup for the remainder of the year and will not (and should not) be re-signed.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Mose will not be playing first grade at all this year, nor does he deserve too. I feel bad for the bloke with his run of injuries, but since he has returned he's been really poor... Minimal impact, playing reduced minutes and was relegated to the bench in lieu of Josh Kerr.
He'll be sitting in NSW Cup for the remainder of the year and will not (and should not) be re-signed.

He has signed with super league.
St Helen's I think

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Some rumours from JA.
Unconfirmed and only posting what was written.

- Mann close to re-signing
- 5 fullbacks (internal) to replace Duges. Field the front runner and is seen as a Barba type player.
- LAM will be the starting prop next year but still looking for a prop outside.

As for this im happy if Mann is re-signed can play anywhere in the backline.
5 f/b would be Field, Dufty, Mann, Nighty and young Masters IMO.
LAM was the starting prop in 2015-16 if i remember correctly and has shown reasonably good form off the bench. Would need a big pre-season IMO.
As for the replacement prop who would not be a starter then Passi would be my choice.

The calm one

Juniors
Damn shame. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the arse.
Can't say that I am shocked. If rumours are correct and Mann stays, throw Duffy, Field and co in the mix, something had to give. As Drag Queen said hope it doesn't come back to bite us

chuckles

Juniors
Not sure about whether there is any truth in this rumour however he has in the past given me early info that has been true
Regarding a prop -
"Dragons are looking at the UK if they cant sign Matthew Lodge"

Old Timer

Coach
Not sure about whether there is any truth in this rumour however he has in the past given me early info that has been true
Regarding a prop -
"Dragons are looking at the UK if they cant sign Matthew Lodge"

Playing career[edit]

Born in Sydney, New South Wales, Lodge played his junior football for St. Patricks Blacktown before being signed by the Penrith Panthers. He played for the Panthers' NYC team in 2012.[1]

In September 2012, Lodge signed a contract with the Melbourne Storm starting in 2013. He played for the Storm's NYC team in 2013 and 2014. He was named at prop in the 2013 NYC Team of the Year.

Lodge was representing the NSW under-20s side when he was given a 3-week suspension after he was televised with the word "merkin" clearly written on his wrist strapping.[2][3][4]

In June 2014, Lodge joined the Wests Tigers mid-season for the remainder of the season,[5] joining their NYC squad. In Round 17 of the 2014 NRL season, Lodge made his NRLdebut for the Tigers against his former team, the Penrith Panthers.[6] He made four first grade appearances for the year. He was described as a "110kg battering ram," who was "certain to feature in the regular squad next season."[7] Later in the year, he was chosen to participate in the NSW under-20s pathway camp.[8]

On 19 October 2015, Lodge was sacked by the Tigers after being arrested in New York City.[9] He is due back in court for sentencing in December after entering a guilty plea.[10]

Really is this the sort of replacement we need?
If so why would we take this 22 year old ahead of our own?
If it happens we suck big time.

Bench
A NEW York judge has ordered Matthew Lodge to pay the victims of his Manhattan rampage $US1.234 million in damages.

US District Court Judge Kimba Wood’s ruling against Lodge, in which he detailed the terror Lodge inflicted on German tourist Carolin Dekeyser, Manhattan couple Joseph Cartright and Ruth Fowler and their nine-year-old son, comes as the prop attempts to resurrect his NRL career.

The New York law firm representing the victims vowed to recoup every cent of the judge’s order despite Lodge living in Australia.

“We are looking at any and every method available to us to collect on this judgment including potentially garnishing his future wages,” Renan Varghese, a senior associate at Wigdor LLP, told AAP on Thursday.