What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Crush

Coach
I think Hayne will suit dragons. Hope we sign him
How exactly will Hayne suit the Dragons? Which part?
The part where he is a lazy prick that refuses to train as hard as the rest of the team?
The part where he raises his arms like jesus when he kicks a field goal or scores a try?
His form of late is diabolical. I watched him kick the ball out into touch on zero tackle in an attacking position in the titans 54 nil loss the other week.
He contributed heavily to the blues loss in the SOO in game 2.
He is all about himself. Let the fat piece of garbage go to French Rugby Union to make his cash and leave the NRL for good!!!!!

TruSaint

Referee
The part where he is a lazy prick that refuses to train as hard as the rest of the team?
The part where he raises his arms like jesus when he kicks a field goal or scores a try?
His form of late is diabolical. I watched him kick the ball out into touch on zero tackle in an attacking position in the titans 54 nil loss the other week.
He is all about himself. Let the fat piece of garbage go to French Rugby Union to make his cash and leave the NRL for good!!!!!

Its a slide show, so sorry I cant post the commentary as usual. Worth a view. Agree with Crush.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/08/15/13/53/jarryd-hayne-dally-m-star-is-a-coach-killer/12

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Good morning Crush
Bunnies supporter mate,totally agree with your Hayne description.
Woke up this morning and had a look through the morning news,Doust and Mundine in discussion,WTF this has to be a gee up!

Crush

Coach
Good morning Crush
Bunnies supporter mate,totally agree with your Hayne description.
Woke up this morning and had a look through the morning news,Doust and Mundine in discussion,WTF this has to be a gee up!
Morning mate. Yeah surely just a media gee up. I think he could maybe make an appearance somewhere like 9s for example but surely not in nrl.
Bunnies have had another year to forget hey? They just make so many unforced errors. Anyway, always next year. Cheers.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Morning mate. Yeah surely just a media gee up. I think he could maybe make an appearance somewhere like 9s for example but surely not in nrl.
Bunnies have had another year to forget hey? They just make so many unforced errors. Anyway, always next year. Cheers.
Yes mate very frustrating year with my mob.
No nines next year Crush,maybe Mary should start looking over his shoulder.

I think that was the plan, but seeing as the nines are gone dunno where they go from here.

Must have been an interesting breakfast though, Mundine must have been like "remember that time I was under contract and buggered off to America and then shat on your club and signed with the Broncos, ahhhh good times"

Players with big egos seem to suit the dragons. Hayne will fit in fine

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...raham-20170817-gxyogp.html?platform=hootsuite

The Canterbury Bulldogs have organised a recruitment and retention meeting for next week to outline a plan to get under the $9.4 million salary cap, with St George Illawarra making preliminary inquiries about the future of James Graham.

One of the options that is sure to be on the table at the Bulldogs meeting is allowing the skipper to depart Belmore with a year to run on his contract, with the Dragons having asked the question about the Englishman's future.

The Dragons have identified Broncos front-rower Adam Blair as their priority target to replace the Wests Tigers-bound Russell Packer, but have done their due diligence on Graham in case they fail to land Blair. The Dragons have discussed the possibility of a two-year deal for Graham but his manager is determined to secure a three-year contract that will allow the veteran prop to finish out his career in the NRL.

With Blair weighing up at least three-year deals from the Knights and Warriors, the Dragons are set to finalise their position next week and table an offer to entice the Kiwi to the joint venture despite the likelihood of him returning across the ditch to replace the Tigers-bound Ben Matulino.

The Dragons have discussed Graham as one of a couple of back-up options, but haven't held discussions with the Canterbury prop.

Thursday's NRL meeting with club chairs and CEOs saw the clubs unanimously agree on a $9.4 million salary cap, providing clubs with an extra $200,000 to spend than originally budgeted if the players agree to the figure on Monday.

Graham still has one year to run on his contract at the Bulldogs, which has been heavily back-ended, taking up more than $900,000 in next year's salary cap.

Even if another club agrees to take just half his freight for next year, it will be a huge bonus for the Bulldogs as they look to free up salary cap space to accommodate the pending arrival of Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods in 2018.

"We will have a recruitment and retention meeting next week to discuss it," Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib said. "Now that we know what the salary cap is likely to be we'll be in a better position to have all those discussions that we need to have. We're happy with the outcome of the meeting. All the clubs are united in moving forward. We still have to wait for the players to sign off on it, but it's a step in the right direction."

Canterbury haven't spoken to the Dragons about striking a deal to lure Graham to Wollongong, however now that the salary cap is on the verge of being settled at a higher-than-anticipated figure the player market is likely to heat up again. One of the issues the Bulldogs face is that they have lodged all signed contracts for 2018 to the NRL and will be unable to alter the figures to make sure they are under the cap.

Some of their rivals have signed players but have held off lodging the contracts to the NRL until they receive confirmation on next year's cap, allowing them the flexibility to back-end deals and make necessary changes.

The salary cap will increase by $200,000 each year for next five years, providing clubs with an extra $1 million in the cap by the time the next broadcast rights deal comes to an end.

Dib, who has been accused by some clubs of agitating for his own benefit, appears to have been rewarded for his toil. While Canterbury were hopeful the cap would shoot up to as high as $9.6million for next year, he says it's a good outcome for the Bulldogs and rival clubs.

"It's a good outcome for everyone. We are all going to settle on $9.4 million," Dib said. "We are very happy with it actually. It's close to what we wanted."

Redhoopz

Juniors
Soward, wendell sailor, Mundine just to mention a few. Maybe mundine and Jarryd Hayne will take us to premiership glory next year? It's possible

Not sure if serious, or taking the piss....

Having big ego's can also be detrimental as well i.e. Farah. I don't see the benefit in having Hayne (based off his form since coming back to NRL) and for Mundine.....LOL he must be on something good if he thinks he can play NRL again. I've always liked Mundine but surely he's copped one too many punches to the head that's knocked a screw loose....

Old Timer

Coach
Soward, wendell sailor, Mundine just to mention a few. Maybe mundine and Jarryd Hayne will take us to premiership glory next year? It's possible
And for all that ego how many premierships did it actually yield?
Mundine is full of shit and Hayne is the biggest hot air balloon in the NRL and could challenge Anastasa for the most over rated player trophy.
By the way how is your love for the coach going and how many more wins will he get us this year?

Bench
It would be interesting to make up a team based on the inclusion of Hayne and Mundane with like minded other jerks