What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Don't forget the extra 2 metres as Mary says we would win many more games if the fields were 98 metres long.

Any way Jimmy, when I go the the games which I go to many, there are empty seats all around me whether I sit opposite the 25 metre or 35 metre from the try line areas.

Netball isn't great to watch behind the posts, much better up along the sides, but even they are selling out 17,000 seat stadiums.

And EPL soccer, behind the posts is ok for a goal, but general game watching is much better up along the sideline, but they sell out.

League has a crowd pulling problem, they need to address it and fix it.

Pretty poor when even netball crowds are higher.

Undoubtedly crowds have dropped over recent years...and there's a myriad of reasons why....but the paradigm of the majority of fans trying to sit as close to the halfway line is self evident.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Forget ANZ Stadium as it's a monstrosity that never should cater for club footy, however, using the example you've used, Allianz Stadium is different.

14k from 30k is almost half full, and the vast majority would be (as you say) located along the sideline,

This hypothetical scenario improves within the confines of a suburban ground.

Rugby League was not meant to be viewed behind the goalposts.

SFS as I like to call it, isn’t a 30k stadium, more like 40k+

RedVDragon

Juniors
Good luck to Sandor. Storm is his best option. Will be a back up centre and winger at best, he will go under the radar get back in the nrl then be chased by other clubs for a larger amount.

ouryear

Juniors
Seriously this is a joke.. I wish the Roosters and Cronk the very worst of luck..looks like they deserve each other. I wonder what the rest of the Roosters players think about this ...

Pretty much I am hearing they do not like it, threats of a mutiny.

Most on roosters forum dislike it too.

Should it happen, it may lead to the roosters worse year since they were wooden spooners back in 2009 I think.

Cronk and rorters deserve each other.

I hope Pearce leaves and smashes them.

Latest posts