What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
I may be a bit late with the ' latest ' but there are now 3 clubs keen on Leeson - Knights - Panthers and now the Warriors . Perhaps if Ah Mau didn't knock Tohu Harris flying like a ten- pin in a bowling alley , there would not be as much interest ?

possm

Coach
Blood Kerr as our 4th prop this season. Let's see how he handles coming off the bench. We may just be surprised to see how good he really is.

FlameThrower

Bench
I may be a bit late with the ' latest ' but there are now 3 clubs keen on Leeson - Knights - Panthers and now the Warriors . Perhaps if Ah Mau didn't knock Tohu Harris flying like a ten- pin in a bowling alley , there would not be as much interest ?
Not long ago many had LAM as the plodder - yet now we have ppl on here saying throw the kitchen sink and release 3 players to keep him... just saying.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
In Beatties defence on that little faux pa, who the hell can tell which jumper any club is wearing these days.
View attachment 19404

As for LAM, well we can’t match that price for three years for a bench forward, the 450 over 4 might tempt him though.

Sorry BGB,
I always like you posts but Beattie has no defence.

He is paid top dollar to be 'on his game' and be seen as a 'polished top end performer'.
His attention to details should be exquisite. He should of been sharp enough to first and foremost, identify the sponsorship variation........... he wasn't. Simply, he's not as good as he thinks he is and we know it.
He's not getting paid chicken feed, yet, he's making everyday gaffs.

No, when your being paid at the pointy end of the stick, your expected to excell.

Fact is ............. He failed at politics for the state of Qld ( left massive debt)
He has just failed at the Commonwealth Games. His words that he got it wrong.
He is currently seen failing the NRL with numerous gaffs.

Somewhere along the line, he is responsible for his actions and what he brings to the code and or what he fails doing for the code.

He has started failing from the very start and it is my opinion, that he will continue to do so.

He efforts do not match his mouth .............. simple.

Last edited:
Sorry BGB,
I always like you posts but Beattie has no defence.

He is paid top dollar to be 'on his game' and be seen as a 'polished top end performer'.
His attention to details should be exquisite. He should of been sharp enough to first and foremost, identify the sponsorship variation........... he wasn't. Simply, he's not as good as he thinks he is and we know it.
He's not getting paid chicken feed, yet, he's making everyday gaffs.

No, when your being paid at the pointy end of the stick, your expected to excell.

Fact is ............. He failed at politics for the state of Qld ( left massive debt)
He has just failed at the Commonwealth Games. His words that he got it wrong.
He is currently seen failing the NRL with numerous gaffs.

Somewhere along the line, he is responsible for his actions and what he brings to the code and or what he fails doing for the code.

He has started failing from the very start and it is my opinion, that he will continue to do so.

He efforts do not match his mouth .............. simple.
Sorry, should really have been clearer.
It was mainly a shot at the ever changing footy jumpers we see today.

Beattie is a tool of the highest order and has no business any near rugby league.

But then again the whole commission idea has been a debacle from the start.
A whole lot of poncey businessmen and a few ex footballers with no idea about league getting on the gravy train for a free ride.
Quite why the media pushed so hard for it in the first place is quite beyond me.

Gareth67

First Grade
Not long ago many had LAM as the plodder - yet now we have ppl on here saying throw the kitchen sink and release 3 players to keep him... just saying.

Had always , always saw him as the forward who could be counted upon to do his share of the workload and then more .

Merely went about it in a quieter way , there were no big wraps on him as did props from other clubs , however the big difference as many have previously pointed out this year has been how much ' fresher ' he is when he comes off the bench and onto the field as compared to previous years , when he played at least 60 mins. of the match .

This would not be the case if Vaughan and Graham were not the run-on props , as with the speed in today's game the big boys tend to tire that much quicker so to have someone like LAM makes life much easier for the entire pack

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
There was a rumour that there was a virus that swept through the club last week which had some impact to the lacklustre performance of some players. Did that end up being true. It came out before the game not after and it was in one of the twitter feeds from Moley or Reading the Play.

Slippery
It was a gastro bug.
Some of the players couldn't train like nene and other only had one run (the captains run).
So it could have effected them.
But we were beaten by a better team on the night.
It's not a excuse

dragonssamy61

First Grade

A lot of interest Gareth.
Knights would be the biggest offer

Gareth67

First Grade
I'm amazed that not only the knights have some money ......... but they seem to be printing it!
How can they find 'uncle Nicks squillions ' all of a sudden.

Considering that we are paying fair money for most players and not really paying overs for any other player besides, Hunt.

I had also been thinking the same OKB1 , the club seems to have a fair bit of money , good financial housekeeping no doubt .

Frank Facer

First Grade
I'm amazed that not only the knights have some money ......... but they seem to be printing it!
How can they find 'uncle Nicks squillions ' all of a sudden.

Considering that we are paying fair money for most players and not really paying overs for any other player besides, Hunt.
Newcastle still have a lot of space under this year's salary cap. During November they were around 2 million under their cap, before they signed Pearce and they could have been penalaised by the NRL for not spending enough of their salary cap.

Frank Facer

First Grade
They have to offer overs, would you live in Newcastle?
I don't think that Newcastle would be a bad place to live. Sydney is getting too congested these days. Sydney house prices are some of the highest in the world. Newcastle has beaches, the Hunter Valley is close.

I do understand that players may not want to move from where they are, to Newy and have to move their family there, while leaving their extended family and friends behind.

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
I was one of them, but his performances this year have blown me away & am happy to have egg on my face, but I still won't throw any kitchen sink at him. 350k I'd keep him.

Gareth67

First Grade
Newcastle they could have been penalaised by the NRL for not spending enough of their salary cap.

What the f*#%+k ? ? ? Frank , pardon my ignorance but is that correct , can the NRL actually fine clubs for not spending their salary cap ? If so then how do the rorter clubs have such large bank accounts ?

Frank Facer

First Grade
What the f*#%+k ? ? ? Frank , pardon my ignorance but is that correct , can the NRL actually fine clubs for not spending their salary cap ? If so then how do the rorter clubs have such large bank accounts ?
Apparently clubs can be fined for not spending enough of their salary cap. I found an article and will provide the story or link.

The link didn't work for some reason. If anyone wants to read the article about how Newcastle were in a position to be penalised for not spending enough of their salary cap, just google

Newcastle could be fined for not spending enough of their salary cap

and you will find numerous articles on that page about it.

Last edited:

Latest posts