What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

ouryears

Bench
What the f*#%+k ? ? ? Frank , pardon my ignorance but is that correct , can the NRL actually fine clubs for not spending their salary cap ? If so then how do the rorter clubs have such large bank accounts ?
Yes it's true, spend the salary cap or cop a fine. NRL provide money to clubs from their tv rights cash and the rule is spend your cap.

ouryears

Bench
Wow! You're better than me! I couldn't relax until 5 to go!:joy:

I know Ben Kusto, it's terribly stressful.

Often I go for a walk after 15 mins and come back with 10 to go, but even then I can only bear to watch it if we are 13 or more ahead.

It's cost be many great matches, many great tries and many great moments.

Damn it all. Caring so much couldn't be healthy.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Wow! You're better than me! I couldn't relax until 5 to go!:joy:
Yeah, funny the stress you voluntarily go through as a footy fan. Against the Rabbits I had relaxed with about 15 mins to go thinking there was no way Souths were going to score a try that night. But then 2 in 2 minutes and I was so stressed and shocked that I lost track of the score in that tense last 5 minutes. Thought we were only 2 points ahead so could not understand Souths not taking an easy shot at goal.

Bench
There are also posts in Facebook saying LAM has signed with Newcastle. I hope that is wrong.

ouryears

Bench
There are also posts in Facebook saying LAM has signed with Newcastle. I hope that is wrong.

It's going to be hard to keep him.

http://theobstructionrule.com/2018/04/24/warriors-in-hunt-for-ah-mau-as-well/amp/

Warriors in hunt for Ah Mau, as well
New-Zealand-Warriors-600x351.jpg

Dragons prop Leeson Ah Mau could be set for a decent payday, as NRL clubs line up to sign the hard-working but typically low-profile forward.

Having already been linkedto the Knights, Panthers, and his current club, the Dragons, the latest word is that the Warriors have entered the race for his signature as well.

Responding to questions on twitter about the chances of Ah Mau signing with the Knights, Newcastle Herald reporter Barry Toohey said that the “Warriors (are) in for him“, and “(it) probably depend(s) on how bad Warriors want him (and) how much they have in cap (space)”.

The tone of Toohey’s tweets sound as though the Warriors and Knights are now the leading options for Ah Mau in 2019, which could then have a domino effect on other forwards around the NRL, like Tim Glasby, who’s previously been linked to both the Knights and Panthers as well.

Ah Mau has played 161 first grade games for the Dragons, Cowboys and Warriors, and 15 Tests for Samoa.

Como Connection

First Grade
It's going to be hard to keep him.

http://theobstructionrule.com/2018/04/24/warriors-in-hunt-for-ah-mau-as-well/amp/

Warriors in hunt for Ah Mau, as well
New-Zealand-Warriors-600x351.jpg

Dragons prop Leeson Ah Mau could be set for a decent payday, as NRL clubs line up to sign the hard-working but typically low-profile forward.

Having already been linkedto the Knights, Panthers, and his current club, the Dragons, the latest word is that the Warriors have entered the race for his signature as well.

Responding to questions on twitter about the chances of Ah Mau signing with the Knights, Newcastle Herald reporter Barry Toohey said that the “Warriors (are) in for him“, and “(it) probably depend(s) on how bad Warriors want him (and) how much they have in cap (space)”.

The tone of Toohey’s tweets sound as though the Warriors and Knights are now the leading options for Ah Mau in 2019, which could then have a domino effect on other forwards around the NRL, like Tim Glasby, who’s previously been linked to both the Knights and Panthers as well.

Ah Mau has played 161 first grade games for the Dragons, Cowboys and Warriors, and 15 Tests for Samoa.
Doesn't sound good.
CC

Latest posts