What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
I totally agree. They do it for the tv ratings but surely once or so a year they can think about the spectators and families and not their pockets!

Yes it's all about the ratings , however as you have said Crush they could had made the exception , more so on their ' stand alone ' weekend , a wasted opportunity in getting the really big crowds back to the games .

Gareth67

First Grade
If the Valentine Holmes rumour is true , one must wonder why it is that so many promising and skilled players leave Cronulla . I get the impression that you need to be - ' a round peg that fits into a square hole ' to really have any sort of future there .

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Panthers have released, effective immediately, Tom Eisenhuth who is a 2nd rowerand Oliver Clark who is a young prop (190cm, 106kg).

Young Clarke would be good signing IMO as we are short a prop and would be on the cheap side. With LAM moving on, Kerr not really delivering on his promise and Allgood seemingly injured a lot he would be a good backup.

JDHD

Juniors
Panthers have released, effective immediately, Tom Eisenhuth who is a 2nd rowerand Oliver Clark who is a young prop (190cm, 106kg).

Young Clarke would be good signing IMO as we are short a prop and would be on the cheap side. With LAM moving on, Kerr not really delivering on his promise and Allgood seemingly injured a lot he would be a good backup.

I wouldn’t mind picking up Peni Terepo from the Eels. Good leg drive, strong carry and a tackle hungry machine who goes looking for work.

ST Tangles 01

Juniors

Clarke is off to the Tigers

Gareth67

First Grade
It seems that the Tigers have employed the same CAP accountant as the Rorters.
There has been an endless procession of players heading over there since Fudge Packer went over.

Certainly has OKB1 , but surely their book worms follow the cap guidelines as all clubs do ( :kissing_closed_eyes: ). The question is - which has already been asked before on numerous occasions - is just how much money were their big 3 on ? There would had been some financial relief when Farah left the Tigers , not much but enough to give them some breathing space .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
With 3 days (really 2) it appears to me our squad of 30 will be completed by promoting one of our development players.
My guess that would either be Jackson Ford or Joe Lovodua.

Any signing beyond June 30 would obviously be aimed at 2019 and there has been some interesting names thrown around, especially dealing with LAM's replacement.

These are our list of off-contract players (and those I would re-sign)
Leeson Ah Mau (gone), Mitchell Allgood (No), Reuben Garrick (possible), Patrick Herbert (Yes), Jeremy Latimore (Yes), Jason Nightingale (Thanks for the memories Gypsy), Jordan Pereira (Yes, unless he wants to go home), Hame Sele (Yes).

So, this leaves us with 3 to maybe 5 to sign for 2019. But definitely 2 props.
Of course it wouldn't include those who may get poached to other clubs like Herbert and Sele, chasing their opportunity.

The stocks for off-contract props is very thin, I mean very thin with either old props at the end of their careers, young props starting out or perennial reserve graders. So imperative we retain Latimore (1 more yr) and Sele (yeah he's more a lock) and look to Lawrie to step up and even Kerr to extract his digit and start to do something.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Lol can you just imagine if we had got Des?

Maybe re-signing Mary early was a better result than the alternative. Remember at that point, the rumours pointed towards Des Hasler to Dragons, but when Mary started 2017 well, we signed him, and that left Des to re-sign with the Dogs after we were off the table

I don't care if we crashed under Mary or not last year. I would rather than happen than Des get the chance to leave us in the state he left Manly and Bulldogs

dragonssamy61

First Grade
With 3 days (really 2) it appears to me our squad of 30 will be completed by promoting one of our development players.
My guess that would either be Jackson Ford or Joe Lovodua.

Any signing beyond June 30 would obviously be aimed at 2019 and there has been some interesting names thrown around, especially dealing with LAM's replacement.

These are our list of off-contract players (and those I would re-sign)
Leeson Ah Mau (gone), Mitchell Allgood (No), Reuben Garrick (possible), Patrick Herbert (Yes), Jeremy Latimore (Yes), Jason Nightingale (Thanks for the memories Gypsy), Jordan Pereira (Yes, unless he wants to go home), Hame Sele (Yes).

So, this leaves us with 3 to maybe 5 to sign for 2019. But definitely 2 props.
Of course it wouldn't include those who may get poached to other clubs like Herbert and Sele, chasing their opportunity.

The stocks for off-contract props is very thin, I mean very thin with either old props at the end of their careers, young props starting out or perennial reserve graders. So imperative we retain Latimore (1 more yr) and Sele (yeah he's more a lock) and look to Lawrie to step up and even Kerr to extract his digit and start to do something.

Dragonslayer
Sele has been approached by both sharks and dogs .
Herbert by warriors .
We are trying to retain both.
Agree with lats for one more year.
He has surprised me he is going great.
Pereira is having a great year leading try scorer and meter eater.
But he is 26 so mybe he will head back to qld.
I will try to find out if we are keeping him.
Garrick mybe