What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Home

TheDMC

Bench
Vatuvei, Johnson and Lillyman each dropping the ball cold in the first 15 minutes bringing it out of our end. Game over there. Can't even blame Cappy, Maumolo, or Lolo for that. f**k we suck.

Benek

Juniors
Vatuvei, Johnson and Lillyman each dropping the ball cold in the first 15 minutes bringing it out of our end. Game over there. Can't even blame Cappy, Maumolo, or Lolo for that. f**k we suck.
Yep. That's when we lost it. Never recovered from giving then that easy possession in our half. The rest of the game felt inevitable after that.

Rich102

Staff member
At least part of the problem is our sloppy passing.
Lobbed passes you need to watch to see how quickly they are dropping and it gives the opposition time to target you.
Good crisp, flat passes to the midriff are the answer. Our passing is poor.

Blair

Coach
Titans lose their last 2, we win our last 2.

That's the only equation left for us.

The fact the Titans have to play Panthers and Cowboys gives us hope. However, I'm more than realistic in thinking the Titans won't blow their chance, or that we're capable of not capitilising if they do.

We may have won our last game for the year, this feels like a familiar late-season collapse.

Let's all be Panthers fans on Saturday night, it's the key game.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I can't see us losing next week, and the Panthers will win.

Why? Because the season wouldn't be complete without a round 26 all or nothing choke at home.

Benek

Juniors
I said it after the bunnies loss and I still believe it: I won't be surprised at all if we don't win another game this season. This is classic late-seasons Warriors implosion. All it takes is one loss and we're done.

Big Marn

Juniors
Didnt the Hayne Train get knocked out yesterday? Whats the rules on Concussion? Do they have a minimum time off playing they have to adher to?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I actually reckon we're going to make the eight. And that's me, the classic Warriors pessimist.

We'll beat the Tigers in NZ, they were woeful v the Panthers. Without Teddy they're a very, very average side. Then it's the Eels, who are just about cooked.

Conversely, the Panthers are looking pretty good and I reckon they can get the Titans up there. Then the Tits need to beat the Cows away. No lying down for either the Panthers or Cows, they will be ripping in big time to earn home finals.

Having said that, it doesn't make our season any more note-worthy...unless we were to win a final. Which on current form, we'd actually get completely flogged by the Cows again in NQ or the Broncos.

JJ

Immortal
I'd really like the Titans to make the 8 TBH, we need a shake up - we need the coach gone etc... but they've got every reason to be down next to Newcastle, and every week they turn up, and put in... remember they lost in one way or another DCE, Seizer, Roberts and Myles... they were a shambles....

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I agree JJ. They are so, so much more deserving of a spot than us. As I said in another thread, I'm prepared for short term pain for long-term gain of getting a new person in charge, who knows how to coach at this level. So many of our guys have gone backwards or at least haven't gone forward since 2014.

But is there anyone here who fears 9th (10th) will still see the coach retained? Honestly, I feel like it's a 50/50 proposition. If we beat the Tigers we're guaranteed 9th, and I just have this awful feeling he'll hang on. Then we'll all lose another season of our lives.

I agree JJ. They are so, so much more deserving of a spot than us. As I said in another thread, I'm prepared for short term pain for long-term gain of getting a new person in charge, who knows how to coach at this level. So many of our guys have gone backwards or at least haven't gone forward since 2014.

But is there anyone here who fears 9th (10th) will still see the coach retained? Honestly, I feel like it's a 50/50 proposition. If we beat the Tigers we're guaranteed 9th, and I just have this awful feeling he'll hang on. Then we'll all lose another season of our lives.

Massive fear!
The only reason we would logically keep him is that no one else will come.
Could be the whole, the coaching position is open for all to apply, including Cappy and they appoint the best that applies.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
It always ends up coming down to mathematic chances with us, doesn't it? As rubbish as we have been lately, those 3 golden point losses have really come back to bite us. Just one win in those and we would be looking good at sneaking into the finals still.

An outside chance, so I'll keep my hopes up. Not much else to do anyway. If the Panthers can win Saturday at least it makes our game interesting - the Tigers would then have as much to play for as us as well. No doubt we would bomb it against the Eels anyway though...