What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Home

ozbash

Referee
always ends up coming down to mathematic chances with us, doesn't it? As rubbish as we have been lately, those 3 golden point losses have really come back to bite us. Just one win in those and we would be looking good at sneaking into the finals still.

Agree , although I think we should have had a eye on top 8/4 in round 1..

Reminds me of being 10 down and rushing to pack a scrum with 2 minutes to go..

Waste of time then...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
So we might just scrape into 8th ad get smashed by the Storm. Awesome. 8th is a fail as far as I'm concerned. See you later Cappy.

It's 5 v 8 now. So we'd be travelling to NQ or Brisbane, or possibly the Dogs. But your point is a perfect good one otherwise.

As I've said, I can see us finishing 8th. And if we were to beat the Dogs - which isn't out of the realms of possibility - it'd probably steer me towards thinking the season is a pass mark. I'd be able to overlook all the awful stuff.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It's 5 v 8 now. So we'd be travelling to NQ or Brisbane, or possibly the Dogs. But your point is a perfect good one otherwise.

As I've said, I can see us finishing 8th. And if we were to beat the Dogs - which isn't out of the realms of possibility - it'd probably steer me towards thinking the season is a pass mark. I'd be able to overlook all the awful stuff.

Ah ok, didn't realise theyd jiggled the format.
I hope it happens because at the end of the day I'd rather see the team and Cappy succeed. But yeah in my eyes they only get a pass if they go at least two weeks into the finals.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Score is irrelevant. Basically, when we lose a game, or the Titans win a game, our season is over.

Yep. We can't overhaul Penrith on +/- and the Titans is irrelevant. Just gotta pray they lose to the Panthers and Cows now.

It happened in game one, it was 28-26 to the Tigers with about 8 minutes to go but our momentum was bringing us home.

Then Manu dropped it in our own half.

Thinking about it way to much and wondered if.....
Is there accountability for mistakes at training?
How I would coach it is an extra hour a day for the week on what ever error they made.
So Manu drops a bomb, well after standard training, an extra hour of bomb catching practice. Lose a ball in tackle, an hour extra hitting it up under sprinklers with washing detergent!
Etc etc.
Accountability.
Id probably have a player revoult in under 10 rounds.

Blair

Coach
Ah ok, didn't realise they'd jiggled the format.

They changed it for the 2012 season after we'd finished sixth in 2011, got hammered by the 3rd placed Broncos but had another life when both 7th and 8th lost that same weekend.

We then played the high-flying 4th placed Tigers and the rest is history. A lifetime ago really.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Thinking about it way to much and wondered if.....
Is there accountability for mistakes at training?
How I would coach it is an extra hour a day for the week on what ever error they made.
So Manu drops a bomb, well after standard training, an extra hour of bomb catching practice. Lose a ball in tackle, an hour extra hitting it up under sprinklers with washing detergent!
Etc etc.
Accountability.
Id probably have a player revoult in under 10 rounds.

They probably wouldn't get home.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I've never been more of a Panthers fan than I am this week. I might even splash out on some top-notch gear at the mall.

Well that's the upside, we've got two must watch games the weekend!

On another note how annoying would it be to be a souffs or roosters fan now? Both playing finals quality footy but out of the running.

JJ

Immortal
I've said it before, would be a real travesty if the Titans missed out and we got in...

Nobody expected shit from them, but they have been consistent week in week out. We get in, and suddenly a succesful season PR deluge ensues...

Plus keen to see Hurrell play more!

Blair

Coach
Well that's the upside, we've got two must watch games the weekend!...

Is it our biggest weekend for 'other' results since the first weekend of the 2011 finals?

We lost on Friday night and needed Manly to beat the Cowboys on Saturday, followed by Melbourne to beat the Knights on the Sunday. There were scares in both games.

The Cowboys got thrashed but raced out of the blocks with two quick tries. The Knights hung on right to the end against a cruising Storm. Those games were 2nd v 7th and 1st v 8th.

This Saturday's game between Titans and Panthers is a lot less predictable.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I've said it before, would be a real travesty if the Titans missed out and we got in...

Nobody expected shit from them, but they have been consistent week in week out. We get in, and suddenly a succesful season PR deluge ensues...

Plus keen to see Hurrell play more!

It won't be a travesty based on one fact- we've beat them twice this season. If they miss out they can blame those two games for it.

Blair

Coach
It won't be a travesty based on one fact- we've beat them twice this season. If they miss out they can blame those two games for it.

I'm not thinking they deserve to make the finals ahead of us. We lost three golden point games and have played pretty well, with heart, for most of the season. It's a significant improvement on recent years.

We've had two bad games since about April. If we make the finals from here we've won our remaining games, under a fair amount of pressure and expectation, against two good sides.

Both the Titans and Warriors would deserve that eighth (ninth) spot. It's the Titans in the box seat though. They play two games in their own state and only have to win one of them.

They also have Hayne Plane Inc. How can they fail?

Last edited:

Latest posts