What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Home

Griffoshark66

First Grade
there has to be a morning after......
Seriously, when you look back over the season there has been probally only 3 games we dead set looked like the team last year. Melbourne, Raiders early on then the roosters. Aside from that we have been teeth.
I think we will be fortunate to be playing finals...that should be the mindset going into the last 4 games...we have played crap all year but look where we are...have a dig and be done with it. Still amazed at the lack of wins at home this year....pitiful
Completely agree. Home truths boys. It has been appalling for most of the season yet we can still finish in the top 4. How much do you want it?

Weaponhead

Coach
The sharks are the only team in comp that don't fear Melbourne. This gives them a great shot in the finals but current form is worrying. Dished up complete shit against tits and clap.

The NSW origin players have been shadows. Graham has fallen off a cliff. Fifita not dominant. Bird just plain shit all year. Maloney very hot cold until hurt.

They could aim up and give the comp a shake or go out with a whimper.

shadowboxer

First Grade
The sharks are the only team in comp that don't fear Melbourne. This gives them a great shot in the finals but current form is worrying. Dished up complete shit against tits and clap.

The NSW origin players have been shadows. Graham has fallen off a cliff. Fifita not dominant. Bird just plain shit all year. Maloney very hot cold until hurt.

They could aim up and give the comp a shake or go out with a whimper.
Very reminiscent of past premiers unfortunately....cowboys, souths in particular. That has to be a driving force for them youd hope

Weaponhead

Coach
Very reminiscent of past premiers unfortunately....cowboys, souths in particular. That has to be a driving force for them youd hope
This is the major concern for mine. The team has the experience to do enough to make the finals. Have they got the edge to win it? Not sure.

If they go out backwards then a squad refresh is needed. The challenge for the club will be to bring through the best 20s players at the right time. Hold onto the premiership window too long and/or mismanaged the cap = south's and easts under Stuart

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I'm guessing the Maloney situation isn't helping either. Regardless of how close the group is, money is divisive. Not knowing whether your playmaker is with you next year is unsettling. It's a difficult time for the club.

Stake Removed

First Grade

Shadow thats my fear we could fall off cliff like Souths, the Cowboys seem to be looking at future Souths didnt and collapsed, i hope that is not us

Card Shark

Immortal
Seriously, when you look back over the season there has been probally only 3 games we dead set looked like the team last year. Melbourne, Raiders early on then the roosters. Aside from that we have been teeth.
I think we will be fortunate to be playing finals

I think we forget how we struggled in lots of games last year but somehow managed to win....shit, there was 1 stage there we we were behind a combined 48-0 in consecutive games & won. Looking at some wins this year, it hasn't been that dissimilar - we have managed to be in front at game's end.

In regards to our losses, I don't think it's as bad as it seems:

Rd 1 - Broncos. Probably should've won but anything can happen in round 1.
Rd 3 - Dragons. Always play them twice & they always win 1.
Rd 8 - Titans. 2nd biggest bogey team, they always lift for us & have it over us...somehow??
Rd 14 - Storm. Who doesn't lose to them?
Rd 15 - Eagles. See Rd 8 & I'll raise ya 1 bogey team.
Rd 19 - Titans. Bogied yet again.
Rd 22 - Raiders. We always beat them in Canberra but they always beat us at shark park. There is now an amazing 9 game sequence of this.

So if I was predicting at the start of the year, I'd have all those as more likely to lose than win. We haven't had the desire to overcome that...we have been in cruise mode for most of the year.

Last year we had a point to prove but once we locked up a top 4 spot, we took a big dive in form, waiting for the finals.

This year we aren't so assured of top 4 but our attitude is the same.

I wouldn't be writing us off yet...but I hope we are 'cause then you will see some fire!

shadowboxer

First Grade
Shadow thats my fear we could fall off cliff like Souths, the Cowboys seem to be looking at future Souths didnt and collapsed, i hope that is not us
Its a funny comp - I had every non sharks supporter in the pre-season telling me the sharks would be the first team in an age to win the comp and miss the 8 - even that idiot gamblor hindmarsh had written us off. So to sit here and to be in the mix a month from the finals is a decent effort.
Now I will shouted down for saying that probably, especially from the game day thread peeps, but considering we beat the dogs by 1 point, pretty much scrapped home against souths etc - we could be a Canberra ATM hoping games fall our way to make the 8.
Agree with the thoughts that the brains trust need to be thinking now just about now but for 5 - 10 years ahead. Our lower grade are on the cusp of something enormous - the club needs to be smart and for mind, I think they are.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Last year we had bb and menace cardy..mich weaker team this year with less hunger
Hit the nail on the head.....not sure who we miss more. Ennis for the fire and niggle, Barba barba Barba...majority of the crap last night wouldn't have even come into calculations if he would have been there.
Holmes is the way of the future......not sure about that, not blaming him solely for our woes but he aint BB

roboshark

Coach
Hit the nail on the head.....not sure who we miss more. Ennis for the fire and niggle, Barba barba Barba...majority of the crap last night wouldn't have even come into calculations if he would have been there.
Holmes is the way of the future......not sure about that, not blaming him solely for our woes but he aint BB
Exactly and then when you put holmes back on the wing there is 19 more tries we would have had

Card Shark

Immortal
Last year we had bb and menace cardy..mich weaker team this year with less hunger

We are much weaker this year, no doubt. We still have 17 players & have to get the job done.

I don't think going B2B is so much about us being weaker, it's equally about the Storm being stronger with Slater back & Munster looking like the next Lockyer + their wingers scoring at will.

The other thing in their favour is the desire level...we just don't have it, compared to them.

However I won't write us off whilst Flanno is at the helm, he has the happy knack of getting results when it matters.

Latest posts