The sad demise of Ronnie Coleman

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Well Being' started by abpanther, Apr 15, 2016.

1. abpanther

abpanther Moderator Staff Member

2. Walt Flanigan

Walt Flanigan Coach

That is rough. But I suppose all that sh*t they do to themselves is going to catch up with them one day.

3. Mogsheen Jadwat

Mogsheen Jadwat Juniors

shouldn't have skipped leg day

Collateral and Iafeta like this.
  4. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

Haha that got a chuckle out of me.

Lets remember that the mass monsters that have dominated the pro bb scene are freakish beyond words. Coleman took all the steroids but he also lifted unusually heavy for a bb. He was essentially moving powerlifter weight he also must have been doing the stupidly long reps that roiding allows blokes to recover from on top of it.

Its amazing to me that very few Olympia winners have died. Pro wrestlers have a life expectancy of about 40 but pro bbs seem to do alright. So obviously steroid abuse isnt a death sentence

5. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

Wrestlers seem to live a lifestyle thats equal parts bodybuilding and rock 'n roll, so they're combining training and roids with cocaine and booze... not a good combo. Pro bodybuilders are extremely disciplined and clean living aside from the steroid use.

6. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

Painkiller abuse too.

I watch a ridiculous youtube series by rich pianna every so often just because hes a very strange human and hes pretty upfront about the risks he is taking on to get such a mass monster body.

He told a story of a guy he knew who ended up in a coma from insulin abuse. How the guy just heard it was the current drug of choice and just shot it up without researching what he was doing and ended up basically dead in a couple of hours. I am certainly not going to judge folks for using peds out of competitive sports but put a bit of thought into it.

7. Walt Flanigan

Walt Flanigan Coach

8. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

Yeah its very sad.

Its a rough business. It really is. She got chewed out by the industry and her life spiraled out of control

9. newyboy

newyboy Juniors

Ronnie was a powerlifter before starting Bodybuilding "Lite Weight Baby".

palumboism

10. Exsilium

Exsilium Juniors

It was difficult to watch. Success will drive people to extraordinary lengths and body building, wrestling and sports like the UFC will have people paying for it later.

I've known of people who have been so addicted to the lifestyle that when its too late they realise the damage that's been done.

11. Aragorn

Aragorn First Grade

I follow big Ronnie on Instagram. I knew he had surgery last year and by all accounts he's doing well - a lot of his posts have him hitting the weights again.. you would think he would slow it down although endorsing and selling a number of sport "nutrients" means you need to be seen pumping weights.

12. Walt Flanigan

Walt Flanigan Coach

13. Life's Good

Life's Good First Grade