What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sharks and Friday night footy

Zack DLR

Juniors
Just wondering how the friday night game scheduling process works, my understanding is that channel 9 gets to pick which game they want, but only if the teams they select are prepared to play the friday night game.

I understand that Sharks management have preferred saturday night games for quite a few years now, but is that why I cant remember us having a friday night game in 2 years??

For the second week in a row we are subjected to the naughts.... who are running 11th and getting worse.

Is is sharks management that is denying us friday night games, or channel 9.

I used to love getting home from work on a friday and strolling down to shark park, when was our last one anyway??

wittyfan

Referee
Harold Holt said:
I used to love getting home from work on a friday and strolling down to shark park, when was our last one anyway??

Our last Friday night game was against Canberra last year. It was a game we should have never lost. :(

newman

First Grade
Our last Friday night game was against Canberra last year. It was a game we should have never lost.

I will NEVER forgive Matt Reick for that. Anyone who wants to hang on to him, get the tape of this game and watch the last five minutes.

Macca

Coach
That was heart breaking that game. We were starting to build some nice momentum up til that game. Who knows what would have happened if we had held on that victory. It would have been 3 straight.

sullyfan said:
Harold Holt said:

Our last Friday night game was against Canberra last year. It was a game we should have never lost. :(

Yeah well blame Greg Bird
It was the night I realised he was all talk
All style no substance
So I watched him with increased vigilance and the rest, as they say, is history

carcharias

Immortal
the last Friday night game I remember was that dreaded one against the Knights a few years back when Mat played Joey...oh the horror!

Booyah

Bench
newman said:
Our last Friday night game was against Canberra last year. It was a game we should have never lost.

I will NEVER forgive Matt Reick for that. Anyone who wants to hang on to him, get the tape of this game and watch the last five minutes.

Did you forgive Peach?

newman

First Grade
Did you forgive Peach?

I can barely remember what happened. I was drunk. But I can remember being very angry at Reick, and not at Peach.

I know Peach cocked it up too, but he wouldnt have had to cover if Reick did his job.......