What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shawn Blore Fan Club

OldPanther

Coach

betcats

Referee
I am getting in early here.

I am tipping this kid will be a very popular player in the future.

Not only does he have talent but he has the work ethic to go with it. We have had juniors recently come through our system with one and not the other.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/09/06/blores-season-of-success-rolls-on/

Yeah he has a big future. Someone called up talkin sport around the SG Ball finals who claimed to know one of the coaches at Penrith and said this kid is being put on the fast track to first grade, apparently very highly rated at the club.

His brother goes alright too, could be our version of the turbo brothers.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Yeah he has a big future. Someone called up talkin sport around the SG Ball finals who claimed to know one of the coaches at Penrith and said this kid is being put on the fast track to first grade, apparently very highly rated at the club.

His brother goes alright too, could be our version of the turbo brothers.

They were definitely keen to see how he went against men this year so they pushed him up to ISP.

He will train with the NRL squad in the pre-season and with CHN gone, that is one less player blocking his path.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
He and Stephen Chrichton terrorised the Sharks on Saturday!

Regarding Crichton, he is another one who the club are looking to fast track.

Being an outside back his debut may even come before Blore's. I was told in January this year that they may even debut him in 2018 but that didn't eventuate.

We don't have a hell of a lot of centres at the club so we could see Crichton move up as a back up to Whare and Blake in the not too distant future.

betcats

Referee
Regarding Crichton, he is another one who the club are looking to fast track.

Being an outside back his debut may even come before Blore's. I was told in January this year that they may even debut him in 2018 but that didn't eventuate.

We don't have a hell of a lot of centres at the club so we could see Crichton move up as a back up to Whare and Blake in the not too distant future.

This might be the one the guy who called talking sport was referring too. He just said one of the kids might be brought up to the FG squad after SG ball. I assumed it was Blore after seeing him moved up to isp and the way he handled it.

OldPanther

Coach
This might be the one the guy who called talking sport was referring too. He just said one of the kids might be brought up to the FG squad after SG ball. I assumed it was Blore after seeing him moved up to isp and the way he handled it.

Easy assumption to make. I was surprised how easily he seemed to handle it. Looked like a season veteran.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Big fan of how hard this kid runs. He hits the line at a speed you would only expect from a backline player. When he's running like that he's very hard to wrap before he gets an offload away.

I remember in our U/18's championship game Brisbane's feeder club scored two tries and were coming to get us, our team looked out on their feet. Blore put his hand up, hit the line hard and got a big run about 15-18 metres. Got a very impressive engine.

Hasn't a had a proper pre season so I'll be keen to see how much he improves next year.
He played for Aus a couple of times too.
I remember him coming up with a big shot on our line that was a try saving tackle during the last u/18's Origin match. In a previous Origin match he produced a game winning offload too.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
FTR I rate a few guys yet to debut. I'd put Martin, Burns and Waddell over Hetherington and Ellis. Brian Too is better than Phillips and Dean Blore looks good

We just don't have to be record with keeping guys long term. So I say within 5 years every player mentioned on this page is playing elsewhere

OldPanther

Coach
FTR I rate a few guys yet to debut. I'd put Martin, Burns and Waddell over Hetherington and Ellis. Brian Too is better than Phillips and Dean Blore looks good

We just don't have to be record with keeping guys long term. So I say within 5 years every player mentioned on this page is playing elsewhere

That's so sad but you're right about our history with contracts.

franklin2323

Immortal
That's so sad but you're right about our history with contracts.

Once a player debuts for us they either make our top 17 and we get rid of the player they replaced or the recently debuted player goes.

It would be nice to debut Blore and Crichton around origin next year. Send them back down to lower grades. Then give them a few trials and few more games and build our depth that way.

Though that isn't the way Gus rolls

roofromoz

First Grade
656321.jpg

Wave of the future.

Latest posts