What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shit 3

philgood

Juniors
Ray Dib, Bulldogs Chairman reveals that Tedesco, Woods and Mitchell were all going to sign with Dogs at beginning of 2017 season pre Taylor sacking.

Interviewer: Back to Des. You announced his re-signing in April, sacked him in September. Any way you look at it, that's dishonourable.

Ray Dib: It's in the courts but I can say what's factual. Before we signed Des, Raelene (Castle, the former CEO) had been negotiating with his manager, George Mimis, for 12 months. They wanted a... continuation of the original clauses. We wanted it in our favour, not his favour. We weren't going to give him the full autonomy that he'd had. We gave him that opportunity, we got to two grand finals but never won a premiership. Then in 2016, we had an ordinary year and the players blamed themselves. Des presented to the board before the 2017 and said the style of play would change. The first couple of rounds, the style changed. When you've got a lot of big-name players coming off contract, they want to know who the coach is before they re-sign. You're talking to Tedesco, Moses and Woods. All three were ready to sign, mate. All three. But Des didn't want Mitchell Moses because he said he wasn't the style of player and couldn't play the footy he wanted to play. Des said, He's not good enough to play. All three were done. Then Des wasn't convinced on Moses. I organised a personal meeting with Tedesco and Woods with Des Hasler. And they tried to convince Des Hasler that Mitchell was our man. Tedesco said, "I want to play for the Dogs but I need to know who the halves will be. If you sign Mitchell, I will sign tomorrow. I'm with you". Des said no. I remember both those players were prepared to sacrifice part of their contacts to bring Mitchell over. But once again, it was Des' call."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...b-had-to-sack-des-hasler-20180126-h0ou4k.html

Das Hassler

Bench
Makes it a lot easier to move on and puts a bit of clarity on what Taylor was up against with all 4 amigos there in '16 and i don't mean Brooks. He would have known this sh t was happening behind his back which makes some of his press conference dispondency at the start of the '17 season understandable.....extremely happy we ended up with Cleary but whether he could or couldnt do the jobTaylor didnt have a prayer in that hornets nest

Just to add....same deal with Potter

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Makes it a lot easier to move on and puts a bit of clarity on what Taylor was up against with all 4 amigos there in '16 and i don't mean Brooks. He would have known this sh t was happening behind his back which makes some of his press conference dispondency at the start of the '17 season understandable.....extremely happy we ended up with Cleary but whether he could or couldnt do the jobTaylor didnt have a prayer in that hornets nest

Potter had even less of an opportunity than Taylor. It was madness

Tiger Ted

Bench
We won’t begin to reap any success until strong leadership & integrity permeates the club from board level to coaching staff to our senior players.

The time where the mollycoddled self entitled wanka inmates run the asylum has hopefully ceased !

The sheenius may have been the coach when we won the title but he is guilty of enabling the boys club mentality that’s been endemic & a catalyst for this clubs endless dramas & lack of success over the last decade !

A club captain who undermines his club the way that prick Woods did during the destructive contracts saga in ‘17 should’ve been hauled over the coals & stripped of captaincy by our gutless hierarchy.There wouldve been hell to pay for the gump Woods under the stewardship of hard arse successful coaches like Bellamy & Bennett.

Bring on season ‘18 & the expectation that ingrate egomaniacs have hopefully been exterminated from this great club !!

Wizardman

First Grade
I have no large expectations of our side this season. But, Im glad the Taylor/Farah/Big 4 saga is over. Buying Clearly is the best move our club has made in a long time.

Be prepared for many losses and missing out on the 8. But, I certainly expect a very committed football side which will improve as the season goes on. I don't expect to see this side throw in the towel.

I will be happy to see a committed side that doesn't give up and improves as the season goes on.

what I like about Clearly is he will back himself to replace them, no matter how irreplaceable they want us to believe they are. Their agent hyped up with mythical big 4 rubbish and Cleary didn't give a toss. Our squad is more balanced than it has been in years, and we aren't relying on a couple of guns to win us games and will only do so when their egos see fit.

Cleary is/was an outsider, he knew how good they were. I mean, like they did carry us to the semi finals on numerous occasions.. oh wait haha

Every team that has ever qualified for the NRL finals has done so without Tedesco. Every team that has ever won a finals game has done so without Moses. Every team that was won the premiership has done so without Woods. I don't think Cleary even cares that they're gone. He let Lewis & Jennings go from Penrith and was still finished top 4.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Every team that has ever qualified for the NRL finals has done so without Tedesco. Every team that has ever won a finals game has done so without Moses. Every team that was won the premiership has done so without Woods. I don't think Cleary even cares that they're gone.

What are you on about? Cleary, being an outsider meant he knew that these guys were not as important as made out to be and made no difference to the success of the team. I doubt he quaked in his shoes when he coached against in the past.

What are you on about? Cleary, being an outsider meant he knew that these guys were not as important as made out to be and made no difference to the success of the team. I doubt he quaked in his shoes when he coached against in the past.

The 3 dickheads hyped themselves up as the greatest trio the club has ever had despite achieving nothing. It took the new coach all of 5 minutes to see through their crap and move them on.