What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Siege Mentality is on: Home semi-final

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah when it's put like that it looks like one rule for them

Stadiums are shit.
It's is a bad look with all the empty seats.
Ok for GF and SOO
But when it's a given that about 3/4 will be empty why do they persist?
Other countries must watch and think nobody gives s f**k about footy.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I have a slither of hope with Lyle involved, that boy seems to be able to get things done. Bit like Joe Peschke

there are rules for some and not for others
take the raiders. yes they would get a canberra stadium game in either week one or two by coming top 4,but if they win that week onr game regardless of where they play that game they are rewarded witha "home" sydney week three game.

newcastle has the same setup.

north qld however....
1300 teeth all the way

Generalzod

Immortal
I don't know if this is true just heard it on the radio on 2ue, One of the reason why home finals were changed by the NRL was due to a media agenda by Rothfield that all games should be played in the major stadiums to get more people to go to the game, I think the game in question was St George v EELS game at Kograh...Thanks Rothfield

shaggs

Coach
I don't know if this is true just heard it on the radio on 2ue, One of the reason why home finals were changed by the NRL was due to a media agenda by Rothfield that all games should be played in the major stadiums to get more people to go to the game, I think the game in question was St George v EELS game at Kograh...Thanks Rothfield
True fan. Truest of the truey true fans

Feej

First Grade
Ennis has started the siege mentality for the finals.
Home semi at SCGS.
Brisbane, Cows, Storm, Raiders and Bulldogs all get one
Gal, Flanno and Lyall all hopping on board.
Us vs. Them, in all its glory
well done Michael

Exactly what I thought when I heard it too. No chance of it happening though. Also loving comments from people like Nathan Brown doubting our credentials to go on a win it. All that free motivation.

Card Shark

Immortal
Home semi at SCGS.
Brisbane, Cows, Storm, Raiders and Bulldogs all get one

All our serious competitors for the title get a true home final in week 1, if finishing 1, 2, 5 or 6, so why can't we - it's certainly a valid question!

If we play any of those out of Sydney teams in week 1, we should be able to hold it at SCGS, as they won't have many supporters coming & we won't get over 20k at the SFS anyway.

If it's the Bulldogs are our opponents, I can't argue about holding it at the bigger venue, as its following the rules.

However, it should be no skin off anyone's nose to host it at SCGS otherwise, if people wanna go, they could easily get a ticket.

Simple solution - classify the Shire as non-Sydney, so we play at home in week 1 like Raiders and Newcastle. Then move prelims or other finals into the city.

Everyone wins.

chewsta

First Grade

f**k it would be nice if the NRL grew some stones and stopped letting Media scum dictate the outcome of anything NRL related.

Click2000

Juniors
If we play say the Titans or Penrith there will only be about 25,000 there anyway but in an empty stadium with no atmosphere !!!