What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Siege Mentality is on: Home semi-final

Click2000

Juniors
You know what f@ck this we just need to make sure that every Sharks fan needs to get themselves to the finals and be the loudest, noisiest fans the game has ever seen and beat anyone that comes before us - f@ck the NRL we will go through undefeated and will play on the moon if needed to win this god damn thing !!!! F@ck them all!!!

Ok feel better now - off to work.

Card Shark

Immortal
I think that was what Bubby was getting at.

The NRL won't change their mind so we need to take it out on all-comers!

Hope this takes the focus off the media "need to lose 1" campaign!

Quigs

Immortal
I've solved the problemo. Not a worry in the world. In the good old days before Sunday piss drinking trading hours youse had to travel at least 20miles from the Syd-a-ney GPO (general post office) I believe it was the post office they used as the marker.

Anyhowse that was condsidered being "the Bush" or a travellers distance to be able to obtain alcoholic refreshments on Sundays.

The first pub in The Shire was The Engadine Pub. You could get a drink on a Sunday at the Engadine.

Well thats it then. Just move the home semi final to Anzac Oval Engadine or at a pinch Helensburgh Oval.

Over to you Lyall

shaggs

Coach
I've solved the problemo. Not a worry in the world. In the good old days before Sunday piss drinking trading hours youse had to travel at least 20miles from the Syd-a-ney GPO (general post office) I believe it was the post office they used as the marker.

Anyhowse that was condsidered being "the Bush" or a travellers distance to be able to obtain alcoholic refreshments on Sundays.

The first pub in The Shire was The Engadine Pub. You could get a drink on a Sunday at the Engadine.

Well thats it then. Just move the home semi final to Anzac Oval Engadine or at a pinch Helensburgh Oval.

Over to you Lyall

Isn't Anzac oval the one where refs get punched ??

Special K

Coach
No way we will get the game at home but it is silly.

As long as they make us play our "home" games at the SFS and not Homebush.

Quigs

Immortal

Over to you Lyall
Isn't Anzac oval the one where refs get punched ??

I know it's the bloody oval I dislocated my kneecap on over 4 decades ago... bastard of a place.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Cronulla's bid to host a home semi-final in the Shire has been knocked back by the NRL.

The Sharks continued their relentless march towards the minor premiership - and a home fixture in week one of the finals - when they recorded their 15th straight win with a 36-4 rout of Newcastle on Sunday.

Under NRL rules, the Sharks would be forced to take a home semi-final to Allianz Stadium or ANZ Stadium.

The Sharks were hoping to convince the NRL to bend the rules to allow them to play a first week final at home ground Southern Cross Group Stadium, should they finish in the top two.

cronulla-sharks-628.jpg

Sharks chief executive Lyall Gorman on Monday met with NRL boss Todd Greenberg and was told the governing body would not be changing its finals stadia policy.

"We understand the Sharks position but we need to ensure we stage our finals in our best venues where we can cater for a big crowd in the best facilities," an NRL spokesman said.

"The Sharks average 28,000 for finals matches at Allianz and we want to ensure all their fans can get a seat if they host a final this year."

The Sharks had argued that because the likes of North Queensland, Canberra and Melbourne would be able to play in front of their home fans, Sharks supporters shouldn't be forced to travel from the Shire to see their team play in the first week of the finals.
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/7/nrl-rejects-sharks-shire-bid/

See
The NRL will do anything to stop us

Build the hate

And while we're at it lets build more hate against Rothfield, for he was the one who campaigned heavily for teams to be shafted from their real home grounds. (That's for those that asked earlier)

Even our own supporters hate us

President Trump

Juniors
We then need Flanno to cop a $10k fine in the finals by coming out and complaining about how the refs unfairly target Ennis. That will help us win the penalty count in a tight contest.

Generalzod

Immortal

McLovin

Staff member
Seems fair that some teams get a real home semi and some don't.

Allianz can get f**ked... I was there against the Storm...

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
Seems fair that some teams get a real home semi and some done.

Allianz can get f**ked... I was there against the Storm...

Only suits me if I'm working, then a 2 minute walk.
That storm game was f**ked. Had such a great arvo at the captain cook hotel after work, ruined by that f**king game.

Card Shark

Immortal
I think I'd rather ANZ be our home ground for finals (unless playing the dogs).

Need to practice there for the real important game.

Sharkman

Juniors
Who cares where it is? Is anyone seriously not considering going if they have to travel?

2013 we had 33k at SFS v Cowboys for the first week.

This year we’ll have 35k+.
Then we’ll have 50k at Homebush two weeks later to watch us win.
Then we’ll have 85k at the GF.

Fg everyone. We’re winning it all.

chewsta

First Grade
In regards to atmosphere, That Final we played against Souths last year was awesome. f**k there were a lot of Shark Supporters there, and they were loud!

Latest posts