What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Swamp

broncos2010

Juniors
300k combined more like it

Lol enjoy Kearney. He failed to get anyone at our club. So enjoy

Yeah I am sure they went to eels for 150k each. :lol::lol:

They would both be at least 250-275 knowing how the eels spend their cap.

On Kearney he will do his job at a successful club like broncos he knows his job and duties.

natheel

Coach

On Kearney he will do his job at a successful club like broncos he knows his job and duties.

Lol if you think Harrison is on 250k then ya dreaming mate

He will be in the side but I doubt we signed him for that much maybe 200k max. Darcy probably around the same maybe more.

Broncos success has gone from that 2006 win mate. No locky no hope. They won't make the 8

broncos2010

Juniors
Lol if you think Harrison is on 250k then ya dreaming mate

He will be in the side but I doubt we signed him for that much maybe 200k max. Darcy probably around the same maybe more.

Broncos success has gone from that 2006 win mate. No locky no hope. They won't make the 8

Why we talking about the broncos??
How do you even have the guts to talk about the broncos who are major players every season and your team has been struggling for the least 3-4 years to get above position 12 in the table all season.

Anyways on topic you would not sing him on more then 200k but Eeels would I am sure he would not have singed for eels under 250k with easy money in the ESL especially with one of them being counted as a premiership player :lol:

Lemme guess - maccas free wifi?

natheel

Coach
Why we talking about the broncos??
How do you even have the guts to talk about the broncos who are major players every season and your team has been struggling for the least 3-4 years to get above position 12 in the table all season.

Anyways on topic you would not sing him on more then 200k but Eeels would I am sure he would not have singed for eels under 250k with easy money in the ESL especially with one of them being counted as a premiership player :lol:

Lol you have no idea. Lussick was bought for overs yes but not too bad as he was chased by a couple clubs but Harrison was a nsw cup player mostly you would have to be an absolute ball bag to think he would be on money that hindy would have been on.

And on the broncos. You signed Scott prince...got Kearney as assistant to a pretty green coach so have fun with that. Sk was good under a champion coach in Bellamy because belly was the brains. IMO the back end of last year was the true broncos coming out they over achieved early on. Yet got thrashed by us!

broncos2010

Juniors
Lol you have no idea. Lussick was bought for overs yes but not too bad as he was chased by a couple clubs but Harrison was a nsw cup player mostly you would have to be an absolute ball bag to think he would be on money that hindy would have been on.

And on the broncos. You signed Scott prince...got Kearney as assistant to a pretty green coach so have fun with that. Sk was good under a champion coach in Bellamy because belly was the brains. IMO the back end of last year was the true broncos coming out they over achieved early on. Yet got thrashed by us!

Ok you keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep easier at night.

natheel

Coach
Unless you work at the parra pay role you have no clue either we are both guessing so we are both probably wrong.

So you have nothing as well.

Lol so why even try to conjur up figures in the first place. Look my guess is Harrison wont be on huge overs. Overs for both yes but not massive

Gronk

Staff member
Graphics_BlogNeurophilosophy.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Unless you work at the parra pay role you have no clue either we are both guessing so we are both probably wrong.

So you have nothing as well.

Actually we have pretty good evidence that we didn't overpay by all the players we missed out on. Any club can sign any player if they throw enough money at him - look at how Souths were able to accumulate players. Look at how the Dogs and Titans were able to rebuild after running last.

The reason we signed Lussick and Harrison was because we offered more opportunity (i.e. more chance of playing first grade), not because we offered 'overs'. If we offered overs we would have signed heaps of players.

eels81236

Bench
Yeah. Like Hinchcliffe.

I actually hear that it was in fact Kearney that nabbed Prince. Walker, Phats and Hicks recommended him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah. Like Hinchcliffe.

You believe Craig 'We didn't offer Hinchcliffe anywhere near as much as Parra I promise!" Bellamy? Loads of credibility, that merkin.

A player of Hinchcliffe's age and quality would never knock back overs. It's as simple as that.

I actually hear that it was in fact Kearney that nabbed Prince. Walker, Phats and Hicks recommended him.

I'm sure Sandow and Hopoate had plenty to do with it as well.

broncos2010

Juniors
Lol so why even try to conjur up figures in the first place. Look my guess is Harrison wont be on huge overs. Overs for both yes but not massive

Either way these 2 will be key players in your forward pack next year alongside guys like Ryan and Smith.

Ricky has plenty of work to do to fix you guys up trust me plenty of cleaning required and buys like that will not help just eating more in to the cap.

natheel

Coach
Either way these 2 will be key players in your forward pack next year alongside guys like Ryan and Smith.

Ricky has plenty of work to do to fix you guys up trust me plenty of cleaning required and buys like that will not help just eating more in to the cap.

Mate Harrison an lussick are buys that point towards a new future. Before we were hoping older blokes like whatuira and hicks would help us with experience. We are now re-signing our best juniors and players like Sio, Ryan and Paulo last year and on the way to getting hayne sewn up. Also bringing in 2 young forwards like Harrison and lussick is a great thing for the club. Before we wouldn't have landed these guys.

Most clubs pay some overs to lure a player away from their junior club or club they are settled in

Yes we have a lot of work to do but we are in a better shape then what we were when we finished the season. New coach, new CEO, better coaching staff in pay and Parrish also new trainer in elkin. If we improve on last season (I think we wil) I think we will lure a couple of big names (depending on some current players) to the club. Robbie Farah will be a massive target I think especially if Keating doesn't improve

skeepe

Immortal
Cheers mate. You blokes have good juniors so you guys will find another.

Doesn't say much for Parra's oft-celebrated junior system though, does it? No, much easier to swoop in when another team has done the talent identification and early development.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Doesn't say much for Parra's oft-celebrated junior system though, does it? No, much easier to swoop in when another team has done the talent identification and early development.
As i said in another thread Parra have never lost juniors for clubs playing overs.............

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Mate - this is the way of the world with the salary cap. Be prepared to lose plenty more good prospects.

We certainly know what it feels like to not hang on to young talent.