What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Swamp

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Can't speak for all Tigers fans I dont put our two wins down as due to Moses being gone. Mitch Moses is just a whiny princess tool of a human and I am simply glad he is gone and I dont have to see him in Tigers colours anymore. Regardless of results. I was glad he was gone last year when we were losing and Parra was winning. Watching him melt down like Sunday is simple pure gleeful shadenfraude.
Melt down? He was one of the few Eels who had a go on Sunday. As for why he wanted out of the Tigers so quickly, we were offering him a lot of money. He’s a quality player, and they don’t like playing footy for unders.

Tiger5150

Bench
So you wanted loyalty from the player that you showed no loyalty to yourselves. Chronologically, didn't you guys pull the rug from underneath him and then he played like a player did didn't want to be at the club ? Why does that surprise you ?

He already agreed to Parra when Ivan pulled the rug. Doesn't surprise me at all that he would have been unhappy once Ivan stopped him dicking around. Probably cost Moses around $100K. He wasnt told he wasnt wanted, he was told that the club was going to concentrate on Woods & Teddy and would re-address his contract when they were sorted. If he had hung around there could have been a top uo for him,,,who knows? Teddy & Woods didnt stay, would have freed up some $$$ for him but his feelings got hurt.

Bottom line is, its RL. Players get told EVERY YEAR in EVERY TEAM that they are not in the clubs plans for next year (again, that is not what happened at Tigers) but because most players arent princesses and are men playing a tough game, they have enough pride in themselves and respect for their team mates that they do more than two games for zero running metres. Princess Moses is not that man. Does that surprise me? Not really. He had already shown his hand prior to this fiasco many times when screaming at injured team mates, going missing when things got tough, pretending to tackle etc that the final insulting behaviour was just a reinforcement.

Anyway as you say, water under the bridge. Enjoy him whilst he is running in front. When things are good, you'll enjoy it, he be first to every try celebration.

When things turn ugly....well, remember what all of us Tigers fans told you.

Tiger5150

Bench
As I said instead of enjoying a great Tigers win you couldn’t wait to get in here and stick the boot in. What an exciting life you must lead.

Well it was nearly 24hrs later, Im good at time management. I managed to squeeze a few things in between, mowing lawns, look lovingly at the NRL table.

Gronk

Staff member
He already agreed to Parra when Ivan pulled the rug.

Hold your horses champ --> Press release by your club.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/04/05/17/16/mitchell-moses-knocks-back-offer-from-wests-tigers

The club released a statement on Moses after Weidler breaking the story.

"Due to the current uncertainty surrounding the salary cap for 2018 and beyond the Club has decided to prioritise the re-signings of Captain Aaron Woods and James Tedesco.

"As a result the current contract offer that was with Moses’ management was taken off the table by Wests Tigers.

"After being made aware of this decision Moses’ management requested an immediate release from the remainder of Moses’ current contract; this request was denied by Wests Tigers.

"This decision was purely made due to the current uncertainty surrounding the salary cap, with the Club not willing to put itself in a risky position for 2018 and beyond.

"The Club informed Moses’ management that it would be willing to revisit negotiations once the 2018 salary cap figure was confirmed."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4af2c08d6ec0a5cf7de9453428cdf614

Uncle Benny

However Elias, who is Moses’ uncle, says that’s exactly what happened, with the club’s move blindsiding the 22-year-old and forcing him to act quickly to secure his future.

“I’m sure he’s very sad about exiting the Tigers but it is what it is and unfortunately the official comment that came out in the press release from the Tigers was that they wanted to prioritise Tedesco and Woods, which is fair enough,” Elias told Fox Sports’ chief NRL reporter James Hooper for NRL Tonight.

“So he had to make a move fairly quickly.

Tiger5150

Bench
Hold your horses champ --> Press release by your club.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/04/05/17/16/mitchell-moses-knocks-back-offer-from-wests-tigers

The club released a statement on Moses after Weidler breaking the story.

"Due to the current uncertainty surrounding the salary cap for 2018 and beyond the Club has decided to prioritise the re-signings of Captain Aaron Woods and James Tedesco.

"As a result the current contract offer that was with Moses’ management was taken off the table by Wests Tigers.

"After being made aware of this decision Moses’ management requested an immediate release from the remainder of Moses’ current contract; this request was denied by Wests Tigers.

"This decision was purely made due to the current uncertainty surrounding the salary cap, with the Club not willing to put itself in a risky position for 2018 and beyond.

"The Club informed Moses’ management that it would be willing to revisit negotiations once the 2018 salary cap figure was confirmed."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4af2c08d6ec0a5cf7de9453428cdf614

Uncle Benny

However Elias, who is Moses’ uncle, says that’s exactly what happened, with the club’s move blindsiding the 22-year-old and forcing him to act quickly to secure his future.

“I’m sure he’s very sad about exiting the Tigers but it is what it is and unfortunately the official comment that came out in the press release from the Tigers was that they wanted to prioritise Tedesco and Woods, which is fair enough,” Elias told Fox Sports’ chief NRL reporter James Hooper for NRL Tonight.

“So he had to make a move fairly quickly.

Yep...thats basically exactly what I said. But he had already come to terms with Parra so he was able "move fairly quickly" and seek an immediate release.

Anyway to be serious for a moment. If the Tigers got pumped like you guys did and then a Parra fan come into a Tigers forum like I am I'd be pretty sick of it pretty quickly and I'm not here to piss people off. Lets leave this die here. Enjoy Mitch as much as I am enjoying him not being at the Tigers. Good luck.

And thanks guys for being pretty gracious at my intrusion. See you all at ANZ in a couple of weeks.

Gronk

Staff member
Yep...thats basically exactly what I said. But he had already come to terms with Parra so he was able "move fairly quickly" and seek an immediate release.

Anyway to be serious for a moment. If the Tigers got pumped like you guys did and then a Parra fan come into a Tigers forum like I am I'd be pretty sick of it pretty quickly and I'm not here to piss people off. Lets leave this die here. Enjoy Mitch as much as I am enjoying him not being at the Tigers. Good luck.

And thanks guys for being pretty gracious at my intrusion. See you all at ANZ in a couple of weeks.

Methinks you are massaging the truth to give you a reason to be pissed at him. It's pretty clear what was the order of events.
sherlock.gif

Tiger5150

Bench
Methinks you are massaging the truth to give you a reason to be pissed at him. It's pretty clear what was the order of events.
sherlock.gif

The reason I am pissed with him has nothing to do with his contract negotiations. I am not in Bulldogs or Roosters forums.

And its time I was not in Eels forums...stop dragging me back!

Gazzamatta

Coach
I seem to remember a particular princess running in tears to Parra because the first action of big bad Ivan when he came to the Tigers was to take Moses contract offer off the table and told him we were prioritising Teddy & Woods. Thats Moses story anyway.

Ivan's first move at the club was getting rid of Moses
Ive little doubt that Moses would be great under Ivans coaching. He seems to have taught Brooks to tackle as well. Very astute coach. Well done Tigpies. Im really happy for you. I hope the form lasts.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He already agreed to Parra when Ivan pulled the rug. Doesn't surprise me at all that he would have been unhappy once Ivan stopped him dicking around. Probably cost Moses around $100K. He wasnt told he wasnt wanted, he was told that the club was going to concentrate on Woods & Teddy and would re-address his contract when they were sorted. If he had hung around there could have been a top uo for him,,,who knows? Teddy & Woods didnt stay, would have freed up some $$$ for him but his feelings got hurt.

Bottom line is, its RL. Players get told EVERY YEAR in EVERY TEAM that they are not in the clubs plans for next year (again, that is not what happened at Tigers) but because most players arent princesses and are men playing a tough game, they have enough pride in themselves and respect for their team mates that they do more than two games for zero running metres. Princess Moses is not that man. Does that surprise me? Not really. He had already shown his hand prior to this fiasco many times when screaming at injured team mates, going missing when things got tough, pretending to tackle etc that the final insulting behaviour was just a reinforcement.

Anyway as you say, water under the bridge. Enjoy him whilst he is running in front. When things are good, you'll enjoy it, he be first to every try celebration.

When things turn ugly....well, remember what all of us Tigers fans told you.
Things did turn ugly on the weekend and he was one of few to have a go. Ran more metres than most of our forwards, missed fewer tackles, and even gave the home crowd ref a spray.

Tiger5150

Bench
What do they do better other than be bigger than him? Woods is better in every facet of the game other than direct collisions.

The more I try to pull away I always get drawn back....although I suspect that was your exact intention...so not to disappoint and because you asked a direct question about two current Tigers props vs an ex Tigers prop in a thread about last weeks Many v Parra game....

Packer and Matulino are MUCH better at hitting the line much harder and in fact bending the line than Woods was.

Packer and Matulino are much better at doing dirty work than Woods ever was or will be. As an old Balmain fan it takes me back to the "glory days" watching Packer tear into Werea Hargreaves. Not a stat that will pop up on NRL.com

Packer and Matulino, particuarly Packer are 1000 x better than Woods at getting a fast play the ball. Packer hits the line hard, bends it and then usually finds his knees for fast PTB whereas Woods is too busy worrying about his massive post contact metres stats whilst the opposition holds him up and the defensive line has time to get back, take a breath, have a towel down, read the paper, have a quick durry and get ready for the next tackle.

Packer & Matulino are both much better than Woods defensively. Not just at making effective tackles (Woods gets pushed off a LOT) but at hurting in defence. Never remember Woods hurting anyone but in two weeks many incidents of Packer or Matulino belting someone legally but effectively. And then there is Matulino in cover defence.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2018/03/12/vb-hard-earned-effort-of-the-week/

Matulino has an awesome passing/offload game which was almost non existent with Woods. Against Roosters he cut a player out and hit Benji on the chest and of course the awesome offload for Brooks winning try against Storm last week.

I am not dirty on Woods like I am with Moses. I liked having him in the team but mostly for the reason that you could guarantee that he would churn out 100-120m a game (and not many of the other Tigers would), but they will always be the easiest 100m possible. He was/is a good player but I wasn't fussed about him leaving with Packer/Matulino coming. I seriously cant think of ONE facet of the game that Woods might be better than Packer or Matulino. I CBF looking up stats so I imagine you have based your opinion on some stat.

As much as I am grandstanding here about Princess Mitchell, I would say that the recent form and change of play in the Tigers has had MUCH more to do with replacing Woods with Packer & Mats than anything else. Our pack has been massive in both games so far.

Tiger5150

Bench
Packer and Matulino don't work hard enough to be considered elite props like Woods. A highlight reel isn't the key to success for any forward, unless they make 15+ carries every week like Traumalolo. Packer and Matulino can play a role and throw up a highlight every game or so, but it's not enough for a team to be successful.

Just quietly, nothing Woods ever did was apparently enough for a team to be successful either.

I'd seriously put it to you that to be an "elite" prop you need to do something more than "work hard". There are a lot of hard working props, this doesnt make them elite. I like Woods, but dont consider him elite either. Scott, Taumalolo are elite. like I said previously. I like that Woods churns out 100m guaranteed, but sometimes you need more than that. I genuinely dont see what Woods has ever done worthy of Origin Selection other than reasonably big metres consistently and quirky hair,

Tiger5150

Bench
Matulino hasn't played for the Kiwis for five years FFS. There is much more competition for Origin spots than there is for Kiwis spots.

Probably but you were the one using the fact that Woods is selected for SOO as evidence that he is better than Mats & Packer. Cant argue against you.

FYI Matulino has been injured most of the last 5 years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Probably but you were the one using the fact that Woods is selected for SOO as evidence that he is better than Mats & Packer. Cant argue against you.
No my post had nothing to do with Packer or Matulino. This thread isn't all about the Tigers, despite you trying to make it so.

I gave Woods' Origin selection as proof of his toughness:
Maybe more aggressive, but tougher? Woods is an automatic selection in Origin. He is plenty tough. The fact he doesn't need to act like a mug is further proof of how tough he is.
FYI Matulino has been injured most of the last 5 years.
Real tough

Tiger5150

Bench
No my post had nothing to do with Packer or Matulino. This thread isn't all about the Tigers, despite you trying to make it so.

Im trying to get out of here,,,,you were the one who asked...
"What do they do better other than be bigger than him? Woods is better in every facet of the game other than direct collisions."

As a regular watcher of Tigers games I thought I'd help you out. [edit] Also note you didnt ask for evidence that they were tougher, but better. I gave you plenty.

I gave Woods' Origin selection as proof of his toughness:
You know what, I reckon all NRL players are tough. Packer & Matulino have played multiple times for NZ. They are tough enough. I'd back Packer & Matulino to be as tough as Woods.

Real tough

I'd say playing first grade to this high standard, to a standard where people are saying he is a step up from Woods (A SOO player) with a chronic knee injury is a pretty good indication of toughness.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just quietly, nothing Woods ever did was apparently enough for a team to be successful either.

I'd seriously put it to you that to be an "elite" prop you need to do something more than "work hard". There are a lot of hard working props, this doesnt make them elite. I like Woods, but dont consider him elite either. Scott, Taumalolo are elite. like I said previously. I like that Woods churns out 100m guaranteed, but sometimes you need more than that. I genuinely dont see what Woods has ever done worthy of Origin Selection other than reasonably big metres consistently and quirky hair,
He uses footwork and leg drive to make his metres (including post-contact) rather than a forearm in the opposition's face. He is good with the ball too, so defenders can't all crash him.

On top of that he is a safe, hard-working defender. Why do you think a player with a 45% club win rate keeps getting picked for NSW and Australia? There are plenty of other options from better clubs.

Tiger5150

Bench
He uses footwork and leg drive to make his metres (including post-contact) rather than a forearm in the opposition's face. He is good with the ball too, so defenders can't all crash him.

On top of that he is a safe, hard-working defender. Why do you think a player with a 45% club win rate keeps getting picked for NSW and Australia? There are plenty of other options from better clubs.

Never been sure.....funky hair, beard and "cheeky" grin has always been my thought

Tiger5150

Bench

This is 100% correct and I was always grateful for it at the Tigers. As I said, you can rely on him to churn out 100+ metres but they are soft and SLOW metres.

I genuinely think with his change of club and the change of NSW coach, I dont hink his SOO selection is guaranteed anymore.

Latest posts