What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the team after origin 2

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
1 Dufty.
2 Nightingale.
3 Aitken.
4.Herbert/Garrick.
5 Periera.
6 Mann.
7 Nicholls.
8 Latimore.
9 McInnes.
10 Lawrie.
11 Host.
12 Simms.
13 Sele.
14 Luc.
15 Lawrie.
16 Kerr.
17 Field/Robson/Ford.

I liked the look of Periera in ISP and don't know out of Garrick or Herbert.

Put a line through Graham, Widdop and Ah Mau due to travel time.

Rest Laf and bring him in for MEL. I'm stuffed with 17 however, it's going be interesting game to watch.

Good effort, SEAT 1A. However I would be looking to get some of the boys outside SoO to back up. I am making the big assumption of no injuries. So I would leave Lafai in. If Widdop felt up to it I would play him. As you have already suggested similarly with LAM. So rest Graham, Hunt, Frizzell, Vaughan and de Belin. Should the scores not be close then Widdop and LAM could play shorter minutes.

I would be quite happy to give Pereira a run on the wing. Scoring 13 tries in 15 rounds should earn him a spot. But I am sure Herbert could do the job as well. From your team I would leave Mann at wing and Nighty on the bench. Lafai at 4. Widdop 6. Bench: LAM, Nighty, Kerr, Luc.

I reckon this team would give us a 50/50 chance against the Eels. Blokes like Lawrie, Host and Sele might really lift because I think each would have a point to prove to Mary!!

denis preston

First Grade
1 Dufty.
2 Nightingale.
3 Aitken.
4.Herbert/Garrick.
5 Periera.
6 Mann.
7 Nicholls.
8 Latimore.
9 McInnes.
10 Lawrie.
11 Host.
12 Simms.
13 Sele.
14 Luc.
15 Lawrie.
16 Kerr.
17 Field/Robson/Ford.

I liked the look of Periera in ISP and don't know out of Garrick or Herbert.

Put a line through Graham, Widdop and Ah Mau due to travel time.

Rest Laf and bring him in for MEL. I'm stuffed with 17 however, it's going be interesting game to watch.

Herbert far better option than Garrick ( can't understand the hype ) As for the others not bad. Field is a real toss up due to his defense.

RufusRex

Post Whore
I expect

Hunt/Vaughan and minor international team players to play
DeBelin/Frizell/Graham/Widdop/AhMau to not

In that case I would be expecting

Dufty
Nightingale
Lafai
Aitken
Herbert
Mann
Hunt

Latimore
McInnes
Vaughan
Sims
Host
Sele

Bench
Robson
Lawrie
Leilua
Kerr

I think that Mann/Hunt would work better than Mann/Widdop. Hunt would be smarter in the dominant half role. If Hunt rested then Nicholls to the team.

RufusRex

Post Whore
To me there is no difference between the minor test nation players playing an NRL game on the Sunday or their International game. They can back up for the next game.

giboz71

First Grade
I expect

Hunt/Vaughan and minor international team players to play
DeBelin/Frizell/Graham/Widdop/AhMau to not

In that case I would be expecting

Dufty
Nightingale
Lafai
Aitken
Herbert
Mann
Hunt

Latimore
McInnes
Vaughan
Sims
Host
Sele

Bench
Robson
Lawrie
Leilua
Kerr

Edited

JDHD

Juniors
Surprised to read that some of you think we can put out any old team and still account for Eels comfortably. I think the competition is a lot closer than that. It is nice that McGregor is very pro rep teams but it would have been smarter for him to do more to prepare some fringe players for this upcoming time. We have to play Storm the week after in Melbourne. With Smith they will probably feel confident of beating us. I just hope enough of those rep players will back up against Eels, and maybe start them from the bench.

If we Field that team against the Eels, we lose comfortably. Forget where they are on the ladder, any NRL team will destroy any Reggie’s team, and that’s basically a Reggie’s team.

Old Timer

Coach
None of the other rep games will be anywhere near as intense as the SOO match
So the origin players to be rested along with the ones carrying niggly injuries the rest should all be capable of backing up.
If Frizz, JDB, Vaughan all have a week off then absolutely imperative Graham plays and either he or Sims must be on the paddock at all times.

JDHD

Juniors
None of the other rep games will be anywhere near as intense as the SOO match
So the origin players to be rested along with the ones carrying niggly injuries the rest should all be capable of backing up.
If Frizz, JDB, Vaughan all have a week off then absolutely imperative Graham plays and either he or Sims must be on the paddock at all times.

Yeah, 100%. I’d rather cop a loss against the Eels but rest our rep stock than win the game but aggravate all those players injuries and mock ourselves for the rest of the year.

Crush

Coach
Dragons full strength minus frizz.
Nobody saw that coming!
In Mary we trust......