What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll cave

Rabbits20

Immortal
online-harassment-7.jpg

Trolls live to get a rise out of other online commenters or the writer of the article, by posting offensive remarks — pretty childish behavior. ANDREW RICH/E+/GETTY IMAGES

Every once in a while, I'll read the comments section of a story published online, only to fervently wish that I hadn't bothered. They're usually filled with unnecessarily hostile commentary projected toward the writer, people discussed within the article and even other commentators. Sadly, trolls, who are known for inciting or chiming in on online conversations solely for the purpose of upsetting or angering others, get off on fueling people's hate fires.

When it comes to dealing with them, the experts say the best response is usually none at all. Trolls' sole intent is to get a rise out of others, so taking that potential away is the perfect punishment. Writer Lindy West might disagree. She had grown scarily accustomed to the legion of trolls who bombarded her social media and email accounts anytime she wrote about a topic like rape or feminism. When one consistently hateful troll created social media accounts purporting to be her recently deceased father, however, she turned the tables and addressed the violation in an article.

Imagine her surprise when the troll emailed her to express remorse for his actions and apologized profusely. She contacted him and asked why he wrote those nasty things about her. "He said that, at the time, he felt fat, unloved, 'passionless' and purposeless. For some reason, he found it 'easy' to take that out on women online," West wrote.

Doesn't sound like much of a reason. If you ever feel tempted to troll, take a hot minute to consider two things: First, would you have the guts to look the person square in the eyes and make the same comment? Then, how would you feel if a troll addressed your mom, daughter or other loved one in the same way?

Ah ring a bell anyone??

https://computer.howstuffworks.com/10-forms-online-harassment6.htm

There is a clear difference between standing up for yourself and rights as a human being and trolling..... I won't continue to be made feel small or driven away due to a keyboard warrior!

Hate fires yep...

That's a good one too. Rabbitoad would you belittle your own Mother like you do some of us on here??

Rabbits20

Immortal
You are making up stuff I didn't say with zero evidence.. where did I say AR can get stuffed and that Douiehi is better?? Show me where ffs??

Why call me Fletch when I ain't??

Rabbitoad

Juniors
online-harassment-7.jpg

Trolls live to get a rise out of other online commenters or the writer of the article, by posting offensive remarks — pretty childish behavior. ANDREW RICH/E+/GETTY IMAGES

Every once in a while, I'll read the comments section of a story published online, only to fervently wish that I hadn't bothered. They're usually filled with unnecessarily hostile commentary projected toward the writer, people discussed within the article and even other commentators. Sadly, trolls, who are known for inciting or chiming in on online conversations solely for the purpose of upsetting or angering others, get off on fueling people's hate fires.

When it comes to dealing with them, the experts say the best response is usually none at all. Trolls' sole intent is to get a rise out of others, so taking that potential away is the perfect punishment. Writer Lindy West might disagree. She had grown scarily accustomed to the legion of trolls who bombarded her social media and email accounts anytime she wrote about a topic like rape or feminism. When one consistently hateful troll created social media accounts purporting to be her recently deceased father, however, she turned the tables and addressed the violation in an article.

Imagine her surprise when the troll emailed her to express remorse for his actions and apologized profusely. She contacted him and asked why he wrote those nasty things about her. "He said that, at the time, he felt fat, unloved, 'passionless' and purposeless. For some reason, he found it 'easy' to take that out on women online," West wrote.

Doesn't sound like much of a reason. If you ever feel tempted to troll, take a hot minute to consider two things: First, would you have the guts to look the person square in the eyes and make the same comment? Then, how would you feel if a troll addressed your mom, daughter or other loved one in the same way?

Ah ring a bell anyone??

https://computer.howstuffworks.com/10-forms-online-harassment6.htm

There is a clear difference between standing up for yourself and rights as a human being and trolling..... I won't continue to be made feel small or driven away due to a keyboard warrior!

Hate fires yep...

That's a good one too. Rabbitoad would you belittle your own Mother like you do some of us on here??
Oh and now you've resorted to ad hominem fallacies :joy:

Jesus dude, if you tried any harder to prove my point for me I'd have to pay you.

Get your adult on mate.

It's easier than you think and it'd remove SOOO much stress from your life.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I thought the same early on, Renno made me eat humble pie. I don’t mind that at all, I’m just glad we’ve got an even better version of AR firing on all cylinders and attacking line like he’s playing U20s again!!!
This is how you acknowledge an error in judgement like an adult.

Notice how no one is hassling or "attacking" Thing Fish?

Why do you think that is? What's different between the way he acts and the way you act?

His response gets people's respect, yours doesn't.

Why do you think that is Fletch?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
You can't tantrum your way out of this. People are sick of it.

Even the ones you suck up to.

Time to start acting like an adult mate. I'll be the first one to start treating you like one when you do

Rabbits20

Immortal
Still calling me Fletch wow!!!!

Keep having a go at me though and hopefully a fence sitter will call you on it soon enough...

You still didn't answer my question either...

Where did I say AR should've been replaced by Douiehi?? You still haven't shown me?? I'm still waiting...

I won't be bullied into saying I was wrong when I didn't say such things.. you're making them up....

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Still calling me Fletch wow!!!!

Keep having a go at me though and hopefully a fence sitter will call you on it soon enough...

You still didn't answer my question either...

Where did I say AR should've been replaced by Douiehi?? You still haven't shown me?? I'm still waiting...

I won't be bullied into saying I was wrong when I didn't say such things.. you're making them up....
Oh Fletchy :joy:

I'm not digging through months of posts to prove something we both already know is true. If you can live with yourself lying about it, be my guest. Just exposes the type of person you are.

The more you cry "bullying", the more you're proving my point.

You know this, but you still can't drag yourself away from this childish victim mentality.

Pretending you aren't wrong and that everyone's just out to get you isn't the behaviour of an adult

Rabbits20

Immortal
No evidence... exactly as I thought.... trouble causer.

You say this to anyone that calls you out on here.... it's all you've got really.... you think you're the dictator but you ain't..

Rabbitoad

Juniors
No evidence... exactly as I thought.... trouble causer.

You say this to anyone that calls you out on here.... it's all you've got really.... you think you're the dictator but you ain't..
If you can live with yourself lying, be my guest.

Shows what kind of person you are.

Rabbits20

Immortal
@callmack1 you can tell me to give it a rest ffs and I have time and time again and have done the last month but he won't let up.... you can only ignore for so long......

If game day threads and all are made by members who ignore others and all it makes it very tricky.....

We need a sticky thread for our game match threads like they do on the Tigers forum for example...l it's done by the mod over there so it's fair.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
@callmack1 you can tell me to give it a rest ffs and I have time and time again and have done the last month but he won't let up.... you can only ignore for so long......

If game day threads and all are made by members who ignore others and all it makes it very tricky.....

We need a sticky thread for our game match threads like they do on the Tigers forum for example...l it's done by the mod over there so it's fair.
Calling Callmack for help because you think he owes you something after all the sucking up you do.

Stop expecting him to fight your battles.

Learn to interact like an adult and you won't miss out on these threads, but you aren't entitled to be involved in them if you can't.

Stop being such a spoiled brat mate

Rabbits20

Immortal
He even knows you never leave me alone...... he's tried telling you too as have others...

I'm not spoilt... was born and grew up a battler....... how dare you

Rabbitoad

Juniors
He even knows you never leave me alone...... he's tried telling you too as have others...

I'm not spoilt... was born and grew up a battler....... how dare you
He takes pity on you because you suck up to him.

You throw a tantrum any time you don't get your own way.

You're a spoiled brat mate.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't suck up to him!

We both love the Bunnies til our dying breath and we wanna all get along...

Sadly you like to ridicule certain posters besides me too!

Don't act like you're completely innocent..

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I don't suck up to him!

We both love the Bunnies til our dying breath and we wanna all get along...

Sadly you like to ridicule certain posters besides me too!

Don't act like you're completely innocent..
You shamelessly kiss his ass, then tag him and beg for help when you're losing an argument.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Still haven't shown me evidence re bagging AR that Douiehi should take his spot....

You have nothing to show as I never said it... FACTAFUGGINMUNDO on my Mother's grave!!!

Keep going at people though harrassing then when they don't say such things you claim they did.......

I love AR and I have criticised him but not that he has to go!!!

I've said that for other players like Turner but not AR....

You're either trying to be a dictator or you're very confused... I know which one it is out of those 2 that's for sure...

Rabbits20

Immortal
How about we take this to private messages aye so we don't keep disrupting our forum.??? Fact you haven't mentioned this yet just goes to show you're clearly out for trouble...