What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll cave

AJB1102

First Grade
oi R20 i smell stranger danger here mate....Shadow...
images

16l04z6.jpg

Rabbits20

Immortal
This thread makes Silence Of The Lambs look like Seasame Street.

R20, I admire your passion and the thought you put into how to make your beloved Souths a force again, but shadow is grooming you and I believe you will be sodomised and buried out bush should you two ever meet.

I'll admit I'm morbidly looking forward to quoting this post with the news article and writing "CORRECTAMUNDO".
Lol, I don't meet up with guys on the net so don't worry!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Also alien I see what you're saying in that GI was signed for too long. Should've just been until end of 2018.

Read my points in this thread alien and get back to me mate!!!!

Player recruitment is an important topic and how do we strive to get better within the salary cap.

I have to agree with Diego which rarely happens!!! He says like me we can't see the twins improving!!!!!!

I know there will always be a few duds alien but it's how do we work around that.

I really hope Turner isn't being overpaid on the other hand.

I'd re-sign Crichton. I think he can be special.

Even trying to get Issac Liu off the Roosters could be an option.

Arrow is another option (hard to see him leaving Broncos though)

It'd be good to see for 2018:

1. GI
2. Burns
3. Aitken/Dylan
4. Gray
5. Goodwin

On standby Jennings and Moceidreke etc........

I think AJ could leave alien. I think another side will pick him up as a fullback and develop him more and tell AJ he could reach the next level at their club.

We may have to sell off Farah too after this season and sign Mortimer as a back up to Cook.

8. Musgrove
9. Cook
10. Latu
11. Crichton
12. S. Burgess (C)
13. Guerra

14. Paasi
15. Turner
16. Clark
17. Tagatease

Murray
Fuimaono
Rudolf
Talakai (develop him as a back rower)

Etc.........

Latu and Guerra/Paasi would be good. Even if we could pick up 2 good forwards that'd be good to ease the load off Sam.

We have to continue to develop Murray, Fuimaono and Rudolf.

Also I forgot to mention I think it could be time for Sutto to retire after this season. It pains me to say that too.

Time for Tyrrell to retire too.

I believe Clark and Turner are interchange players.

I'm trying to come up with stuff here guys..........

Alien I'd like to see what you can come up with????

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
So who do you support AJB????

Let me give you a run down of your side!!!

I'm a Sharkies fan, R20. I think I recall us discussing them a bit earlier, maybe even pre-season.

We got some retention and recruitment decisions to make thats for sure. All goes well we'll have Heighington, Lewis and Gallen all hitting their 300 game milestone this year. But next year has a lot of questions like do they wanna go around again? Can they? Can we carry them? Who to replace 900 games with?

Big call to be made in my side mate. I wish those blokes could play forever but we know that can't be. Loving young Brailey and the inclusion of Seggy. Val, Graham & Prior tied up so far as well. Not sure when Fifita's contract is up but he's best prop in the game so I would try tie him up before he goes to market.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm a Sharkies fan, R20. I think I recall us discussing them a bit earlier, maybe even pre-season.

We got some retention and recruitment decisions to make thats for sure. All goes well we'll have Heighington, Lewis and Gallen all hitting their 300 game milestone this year. But next year has a lot of questions like do they wanna go around again? Can they? Can we carry them? Who to replace 900 games with?

Big call to be made in my side mate. I wish those blokes could play forever but we know that can't be. Loving young Brailey and the inclusion of Seggy. Val, Graham & Prior tied up so far as well. Not sure when Fifita's contract is up but he's best prop in the game so I would try tie him up before he goes to market.
Yeah interesting times ahead.

I see you guys as about 5th-6th this season.

What do you think of Tagataese???

Knowing Souths recruitment you guys will have yours in better order and who to convince to sign.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I have checked and Guerra and Evans are coming off contract.

Time to chase and chase hard Souths for at least one of them.

Turner is not good enough for lock imo, he can't make enough metres.

Sam is getting burnt out at lock so I'd move Sam to left second row next season in place of Sutto. Cody and Sam could form a lethal combo. Sam could play like Cordner does in the second row. Sam could offload too out wide and make his 14-15 runs for 140m.

Guerra could make 30 tackles and make 11 hit ups for 90-100m.

Musgrove could make good metres.

Kane Evans would be good as the other starting prop.

If you have a good 8,10, 12 and 13 it then doesn't matter if Turner in the 11 jersey can't make more than 70metres.

I'm going to analyse locks metre gainage from last week below.

Also Tagataese is off contract too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Round 4 lock stats:

Guerra 12 for 112m and 30 tackles (off contract)

Merrin 15 for 166m and 26 tackles

Barnett 8 for 50m and 32 tackles

Priest 8 for 68m and 21 tackles

McGuire 13 for 133m and 38 tackles

J. Trbojevic 9 for 99m and 24 tackles

Klemmer 13 for 130m and 15 tackles

Gallen 23 for 215m and 31 tackles

Scott 5 for 41m and 29 tackles (dud play)

Paasi 4 for 35m and 19 tackles (must have gone off on injured, his stats are very rarely that bad)

E. Lowe 14 for 151m and 26 tackles

Aloiai 9 for 98m and 19 tackles

Finucane 8 for 65m and 33 tackles

De Belin 15 for 140m and 34 tackles

Mannering 12 for 129m and 37 tackles

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just as I suspected Paasi was firing in rounds 1-3. Had to have been injured and not come back on in round 4.

Round 1:

11 for 112m and 21 tackles

Round 2:

15 for 151m and 24 tackles

Round 3:

12 for 102m and 24 tackles

That's already more running metres than Turner.

Turner is an interchange player imo.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What do you know, Paasi is coming off contract. Time to swoop.

4 guys to chase so far: (hope to get 2)

Paasi
Guerra
Evans
Tagataese

Rabbits20

Immortal
Turner ain't what we need at lock. Sorry folks.

Keep Sam at lock will have consequences.

I repeat move Sam to left back row and get a lock.

I could even handle this:

11. Turner
12. Sam
13. Guerra/Paasi/Evans

AJB1102

First Grade
Yeah interesting times ahead.

I see you guys as about 5th-6th this season.

What do you think of Tagataese???

Knowing Souths recruitment you guys will have yours in better order and who to convince to sign.

I'd have to agree at the moment and from the start of the year I think we're just outside the top 4. But the inclusion of Seggy swings in our favour if it goes to plan. We make the top 4 come finals its anyone's after that.

Doubt we'd put up much of a fight for Taga. Good for a few bell ringing tackles and big line breaks throughout a season but otherwise pretty ordinary. Latimore has and will continue to take Taga's spot. T-Rex probably ahead of him too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'd have to agree at the moment and from the start of the year I think we're just outside the top 4. But the inclusion of Seggy swings in our favour if it goes to plan. We make the top 4 come finals its anyone's after that.

Doubt we'd put up much of a fight for Taga. Good for a few bell ringing tackles and big line breaks throughout a season but otherwise pretty ordinary. Latimore has and will continue to take Taga's spot. T-Rex probably ahead of him too.
I'd like Souths to try and go after the following 3 coming off contract (hoping to get 2)

Guerra
Paasi
Evans

But knowing Souths we won't get anyone and will keep on keeping on with poor recruitment!!!!!

We need to chase a strike outside back too.

Maybe Souths will have to try and offload Robbie at seasons send plus the twins and pay part of their contracts.

Also I hate to say it but I feel it's time for Sutto to retire.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Some backs coming off contract include:

Ferguson
DWZ
Whare
Gagai
Mead
Roberts
Kahu
Taufau
Holland
Hopoate
J. Folau
Bird
Feldt
Mosby-Gela
Chambers
Nofoaluma
Tedesco
Lafai
Milne

callmack1

Staff member
FFS R20 settle down bro!! I don't know what's gotten into you. Seriously. If we are doing shit around mid season then maybe we could talk about all this but it's round five! We actually did okay vs the Roosters considering all the errors and we could have bet them if we held the ball. Have faith.

Yes, we have a few issues but lets hope they can be fixed and they are issues that can be fixed.

If we hold the ball I reckon we can beat anyone!

callmack1

Staff member
There is a little bit of truth to what you are saying but your blowing it WAY out of proportion!

themacemaceman

Juniors
Well if we wanted them to go we would be paying them partly to go elsewhere. N ther club will pay what we are paying them!!!!

A lot of the other guys on my list wouldn't make it at other clubs. They aren't silly enough to sign players like that. In fact our culture needs to change!!!!! We need a bit more of a cleanout!!!!!!!

We need Richo to look at players who he thinks could take that next step in their career. Find that player and say we believe in you to do this and this is the role you'll play, or find a player who has been on the outs elsewhere and do the same thing!!!!!!!!! Really from that moment inspire that player to go above and beyond!!!!

Look at Broncos, they took Blair and turned him around!!!! They have got Ese'se in brilliant form and he was a no name. Look at how Korbin Sims is going, they had belief in him and it's paid off!!!!

Look at Tetevano killing it at the Roosters. A mate said to me the other day they always find someone do the Roosters!!!!! Always that Samoan tough looking forward they get.

Look at the Storm and how Cheyse Blair is going and Felise Kaufusi. Glasby does a very good job there too!!!

Look how smart the Vaughan signing is for Dragons.

Parra chasing Brown of us was very smart!!!!

The Titans for example getting Jarred Wallace was a master stroke!!!!

Manly signing Taupau was brilliant from them!!!!!!

The list goes on alien.

I could be here all night writing you a novel on this!!!!!! (I ain't kidding either)

Maybe at the end of season we may have to part ways with Madge and have a fresh change!!!!!!!!

I'd be chasing Leilani Latu off Penrith!!!!

He is a player who can go to that next level I believe. At Penrith they ain't starting him!!!!!

Dangle the carrot and let him know he will be given first crack at prop with us and that we believe his strong point is charging onto the ball and getting quick play the balls!!!!! Talk about his ball playing too and his creativity for a big man!!!!!! Richo could tell him he would find a home with us and help the greatest club with richest history in the league become a top 4 force every season etc!!!!!!!

I'd even take Agnatius Paasi off the Titans. He's a player that could become something really big with a fresh change to us!!!!!!!!!!

Same goes for outside backs!!!!!!!

HELLO SOUTHS, WAKE UP!!!!! GET OFF YOUR BUMS RICHO and TEAM!!!!!! OTHER CLUBS ARE SMARTER AT THE DANGLING CARROT GAME!!!!!!! WE NEED TO GO ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Players who could take that next step are as follows;
Burns
Jennings
Greinke
Fuiamono
Connor Tracey

Players on the outs elsewhere and needing a new start are as follows;
Rochow
Farrah
Cherrington

We have the cattle. We just need to execute.

We need the Burgess twins back to their best. Not dropping balls and giving the opposition good field position.

It's round 4.
Chill out chicken little the sky is not falling!

We just need to win half our games first half of the year and have a couple of 3/4 game winning streaks as we hit our peak before the semis.

Look at the past few seasons. Teams have had massive 10+ match winning streaks during the early part of the season but they didn't win the title.
The bookies paid out on the dragons one year and they didn't make the GF.
Early rounds are about developing combinations, learning about what works and what doesn't, learning from our losses.