What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll Dump thread *insert cool name here*

Turdy Angle

Juniors
roopy said:
the standard of union is most countries - including Georgia - would be equal to second grade in a country comp.
Despite the fact that you could make up three teams of NZ born and two teams of Aus, SA and English born players from teams in the WC, all teams outside the top 5 or so are a joke.
Thats pretty much the standard of rugby league outside of Australia, NZ and England . How many teams in rugby league are a joke ? Just about every team apart from the three above .
I wouldn't make fun of the Union WC because you are just making the RLWC look even worst .
Rugby union has got their act together in every level of their game . You should be aiming your protest at the rugby league world body and those in charge .

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Turdy Angle said:
Thats pretty much the standard of rugby league outside of Australia, NZ and England . How many teams in rugby league are a joke ? Just about every team apart from the three above .
I wouldn't make fun of the Union WC because you are just making the RLWC look even worst .
Rugby union has got their act together in every level of their game . You should be aiming your protest at the rugby league world body and those in charge .

Another one who's been all over the world watching RL games. :lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Turdy Angle said:
Probably alot than you P.E.N . Just come back from the South Pacific Games .;-)

You can say what you like, doesn't mean I have to believe you, I know you say heaps of things, but some of it is pretty unbelievable at times.

And I've never said anything about my life here or anywhere, it's no one else's business, I could say I've been here or there, I've lived here or there, but why should I, it's no ones business either way, so until I do put something up here about what I've done in my life, I thinks it's better if people don't generalise anything.

I could have six houses in six different countries like you Polly. ;-)

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Turdy Angle said:
Who ever stuff it up during the 70's and 80's .;-)

And whats wrong with FRL?

As far as I know, in the last two years, the game is moving along swimmingly, new and old clubs joining up again, new divisions being created, more than 25,000 people playing the game, a fully pro club playing in SL with another one or two wanting to join, crowds ranging from 7,500 to over 10,000, the only sport to get home and away games on sports+, heaps pf new sponsorships.

I'd say FRL is on an upward turn for the better, wouldn't you?

Turdy Angle

Juniors
ParraEelsNRL said:
And whats wrong with FRL?

As far as I know, in the last two years, the game is moving along swimmingly, new and old clubs joining up again, new divisions being created, more than 25,000 people playing the game, a fully pro club playing in SL with another one or two wanting to join, crowds ranging from 7,500 to over 10,000, the only sport to get home and away games on sports+, heaps pf new sponsorships.

I'd say FRL is on an upward turn for the better, wouldn't you?

I wasn't the one who said France was in trouble . I dont know PEN...I mean they did have a superleague team in the past and everything you mention above .
Lets wait and see .

The standard I saw at the SPG was like watching open two in Brisbane comp or golden Oldies (Masters) in NZ .
What happen to PNG ?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Turdy Angle said:
I wasn't the one who said France was in trouble . I dont know PEN...I mean they did have a superleague team in the past and everything you mention above .
Lets wait and see .

True, but you know and I know that the team was from Paris, it's not a hotbed of any form of Rugby, and you also know that both codes are bigger in the south, thats why this new team is doing better, because it's in the heartlands, big difference.

Turdy Angle said:
The standard I saw at the SPG was like watching open two in Brisbane comp or golden Oldies (Masters) in NZ .
What happen to PNG ?

Don't know, last time I looked, they had a draw with an Aussie PM's X111, so something must be going right. ;-)

SteveM

Juniors
i think the key driver for RU to the developing nations is the RWC and the 7's series.

the RWC is the cashcow that gives the IRB the money to throw at the smaller nations.

the world 7's series gets the game across to areas like china, the usa etc....

the portugal players pick up alot of theyre skills from the 7's series.

if the RLWC proves to be a financial sucsess for the RLIF( thats hardly a given) then they can pump money back into the small nations.

i think its important that the RLIF look at producing a low budget RLWC where you spend the majority of your money on marketing the product. we know theres a good product but you need people to see it. i would have alot of games in the smaller stadiums like gosford, olympic park, Win stadium, Shark Park etc.... the last thing you need is big empty stadiums and the competition ending up in the red.... let the football do the talking...

Totally correct. Internationals create massive amounts of money. RLIF should try and develop their world game themselves instead of trying to convert RU players and then badge them as an international team.

RL is very short of credibility after the last WC. Will they make the same mistake again ?. Will the RLWC be a laughing stock ?.

I have a feeling it's going to get massacred by the media.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
SteveM said:
There is less than 7000 players in France.
http://www.ffr13.com/1-14317-Detail-d-une-actualite.php?Id=121

Evolution of the number of the licences competitions since season 2004/2005 fact of arising, at March 31, 2007, an increase in the number of the bachelors competitions of 4,99% as well as a rise of the number of the event-driven licences of 13,2%.

The French Federation of Rugby with XIII entered, all confused categories, 27.014 bachelors at the end of season 2005/2006.
The categories of young people have known for three seasons a particularly significant evolution: to date, + 9,82% for the beginners, + 23,67% for chicks, + 4,55% for the youngest children, + 13,28% for the tiny ones, + 13,78% for the juniors and + 4,88% for the juniors.
resize1-P1010153.JPG
For the president of the FFR XIII, Nicolas LARRAT,
“These figures consolidate the policy of development indisputably implemented by the Federation during these three last years. The Challenge from Small the Thirteen which sensitizes the school world with the practice of Rugby with XIII shows that it became an essential tool to prepare the future of the discipline. It is necessary to see the effect of the Catalan Dragons also there, in particular on the level of the committee of Roussillon.

© FFR XIII

We must of course continue in this way and we must from now on intervene on the level them colleges to perennialize the actions which are carried out.”
It adds “I make a point of as it should be thanking the technical experts which invest themselves with the daily newspaper around the Challenge from Small the Thirteen but also the leagues and the committees which work at the sides of the federation to ensure the relay necessary to the implementation of the federal policy, in particular within the framework for conventions of objectives which have been regularized for this season.”

The category of female is also in full rise with an increase of almost 98% of the number of its bachelors. “This figure devotes all the work achieved by the commission of female the these last years. Rugby with XIII female knew to take its destiny in hands and to be organized consequently. This turn justifies from now on the advent of a team of female France which will dispute besides a test international match against England on July 7 next in Lescure of Albigensian” was delighted the President by the Federation.

The only shade in the table relates to the senior category which for its part records a fall of 7% during the same period considered.
“This situation was foreseeable with starts season 2006/2007. One can only regret the attitude of certain clubs which did not wish or could not, for various reasons, to engage of senior team for the sporting season which is completed. But all that belongs from now on to the past. The next season is for a long time being prepared and I fixed the actions to be undertaken. The Federation works daily with the creation of new seniors teams which will take part as of the next season in our federal competitions. New leaders appear and I have good hope to achieve the goals that we set (engagement at least ten new teams. Note). With the support of certain leagues and committees of which it is also the statutory mission, with the participation of certain clubs of the Elite which included/understood the need for taking part in this countryside and with all those which want to act and go from front, we go in the good direction. For this purpose, the Federation works with the implementation of a new federal regulation which will make it possible to give satisfaction and to mobilize the greatest number” Nicolas LARRAT specified.

SteveM said:
Source ?. With players numbers collapsing this can't be right.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=176168

Kurt Angle

First Grade
SteveM said:
There is less than 7000 players in France.

Wrong.

You'd be better off realising that using known liars in RU fans isn't a good source of information regarding RL.

There are around 25,000 RL players in France.

rugby3.png

Source ?. With players numbers collapsing this can't be right.

Will the player numbers you believe to be true, you can't be right.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
SteveM

This season, FFRXiii with have a few new divisions

LER 1

AS Carcassonne XIII

Carpentras XIII

Lezignan XIII

XIII Limouxin

Lyon Villeurbanne XIII

SM Pia XIII

RC Albi XIII

Saint-Gaudens XIII

Toulouse XIII

Union Treiziste Catalane

Villeneuve XIII

LER 2

AVIGNON XIII

BIAS

BORDEAUX

CORBEIL XIII

ENTRAIGUES XIII

LE BARCARÈS

ROANNE XIII

LE CABARDES XIII

LESCURE XIII

MONTPELLIER XIII

Division 1 Poule Est

APT XIII

CAVAILLON XIII

ORNAISONS

PALAU XIII

PIEUSSE BLANQUETTE XIII

SALSES XIII

ST LAURENT

ST MARTIN DE CRAUX XIII

Division 1 Poule Ouest

CLAIRAC

LA RÉOLE XIII

NANTERRE XIII

REALMONT XIII

SAUVETERRE DE COMMINGES XIII

TONNEINS XIII

VILLEFRANCHE

VILLENEUVE TOLOSANE XIII

LE CHAMPIONNAT FEDERAL

LIGUE LANGUEDOC ROUSSILLON

Agip Lézignan

Ferrals des Corbières

Ille sur Têt

Le Barcarès 2

Broncos de Palau 2

St Estève

St Paul de Fenouillet

Baroudeurs de Pia

LIGUE MIDI PYRENEES/ LIGUE AQUITAINE

Equipes engagées Poule 1:

Ramonville

Toulouse Ovalie

Gratentour

Pamiers

Aussillon

Valderies

Lestelle

Réalmont

St Juéry

Equipes engagees Poule 2:

Bègles

Cahors

Le Mas d'Agenais

Lescure 2

Monteils

St Pierre de Trévisy

Ste Livrade

Trentels

Villefranche d'Albi

LIGUE PACA/ LIGUE RHONES ALPS

LIGUE PACA/ LIGUE RHONES ALPES LIGUE ILE DE FRANCE

There are more teams if you want me to post them?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Giving every team there 20 players each comes to 1,180 players, yet I didn't put in a heap of other teams, no teams from Paris, more or less just the south.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Over 10,000 in Russia too, but those at planet punt monkey keep saying the teams have moved over to union and there's only about 1,000 RL players left :lol:

http://www.lecourrierderussie.ru/fr/magazine/?artId=2391

Lokomotiv draws XIII Russian
Perhaps you do not know it, but Rugby with XIII goes well to Russia, often even better than his/her cousin with XV. Russia is classified, by the international federation, with the 7th European rank, and a championship semi-professional succeeded in being established. Admittedly, there are only 10.000 players in Russia, but Rugby with XIII progresses gently.

The club headlight of Rugby with XIII Russian (called League Rugby in Russia as in Great Britain), it is Lokomotiv of Moscow. The Greens and Reds which evolve/move at the Loujniki stage, are champion of Russia in title, at the head of the championship 2007 (one plays in spring and in summer) and qualified for the final of the Cut of Russia which will dispute next on June 28 against Imperia de Penza.

Out of cut of Europe, the Railwaymen of Moscow fell on stronger than them losing some vis-a-vis the English from the Lions from Swinton. There are eight clubs in the Russian championship. In addition to Lokomotiv, two other clubs are area of Moscow, the RC Vereïa which plays the stage of Naro-Fominsk and RC Cosmos.

Kazan is different the large city of XIII Russian with two clubs: Energuia and especially Strela, one of the clubs founders of XIII modern Russian. The championship is supplemented by Imperia de Penza, Nevskaïa Zastava de Saint-Pétersbourg and Kristall of Rostov-on-the-Gift.

In fact, Rugby with XIII A a long history in Russia. It had been imported into the USSR before the second world war, on ideological criteria: the XIII had been born in England from a scission with the XV. The clubs of Rugby of the north of England, resulting from the working mediums, did not accept the strict rules of amateurism dictated by the clubs of the south, whose members were easy students and aristocrats. In light, the “proles” of north, wanted a little pocket money to play, whereas the noble ones of the south, in did not need. But after 1945, the XIII fell down in the lapse of memory in Soviet Union, until a round of an English club of Yorkshire, Dewsbury in 1973. In the Eighties, XIII A thus remakes surface.

Today, Russia is the major nation of the XIII in the ex-USSR, contrary to the XV where it is Georgia. It takes part in all the international competitions. Currently are held the eliminating heats for the world cup which will take place in 2008 in Australia, New Zealand and New Guinea-News-Guinea. Russia will not qualify itself there, but it carries out a honourable course in eliminatory phase. With the first turn, it drew aside the Netherlands 44-10, Serbia 40-12 and Georgia beaten by fixed price.

With the following turn, it is much more delicate, the Bears (it is the name of the national team) had to return their claws against stronger than them: Ireland 50-12 and Lebanon 22-8. Do not laugh, the team of Lebanon is very strong, for the simple one and good reason which it is only made up the Australian ones of Lebanese origin!

But Russia multiplies the international contacts to progress. Thus, less than 16 years will take part in the championship of Europe at the end of June in Serbia and the Academics lost little in championship of Europe recently 17-16 vis-a-vis in France, one of the best nations of the world. What to be “thirteen-optimist”!!!

Bruno Cadene

Sam_the_man

First Grade
SteveM has been believing that lying prick liv+vichy+15 or what ever her name was, she was the only one that claimed there was 6000 players or less.

The country with large playing numbers on the rise is England with around 80 new teams playing rugby league in the last 2 years and those new teams are all outside the heartland area.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I like it how those idiots at PPM say theres only about 400,000 RL players world wide, when Australia passed that figure alone this year :lol: