What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The trouble with St. George Illawarra

Old Timer

Coach
4th with 4 weeks to go, no chance of missing the 8. I'm looking forward to the next month. If you want to give up thats your call mate.
You are kidding aren’t you?
If we lose 4 and Tigpies win 4 where do we sit then?
Having lost 4 from 5 and recent history showing that we are not good at closing out the end of a season we could still miss the 8.
Your optimism at times borders on hubris

Crush

Coach
Having lost 4 from 5 and recent history showing that we are not good at closing out the end of a season we could still miss the 8.
Mathematically possible but come on OT. We will be playing finals football. I just hope we finish inside the top 4 and give ourselves a big chance.
Go Dragons.

Crush

Coach
I really hope we win them all and steam into the finals in 2nd or 3rd.
Will we? On recent form and history, proberbly not.
I know you do BGB. Most of us do hope we steam into the finals.
Fire up, it isn't over just yet. We will bounce. We are too good a team not to swing back into some kind of form from here.
One month to hit our straps, it starts Saturday night.

When the season is over and you have missed out again. Thats when. Not when you are 4th with a month of footy to go.
You and I have a lot in common.
We saddle up every weekend hoping for the best and rolling with the punches.
I find it a little harder to have a "glass half full" attitude these days like you do.
I am one of many on this forum that admire your optimism which seems to be unwavering regardless of what transpires.
All will be revealed in 2 stages.
Next 4 weeks
Semis

ouryears

Bench
I know you do BGB. Most of us do hope we steam into the finals.
Fire up, it isn't over just yet. We will bounce. We are too good a team not to swing back into some kind of form from here.
One month to hit our straps, it starts Saturday night.
We have no backline mate.
No game plan, no method, no strategy, little speed, nothing, we open up like a can of sardines, we have no mental fortitude.

Little skill, lack of desire to win.

Gonski crush.

More chance of Marilyn Monroe sleeping next to you tonight

Crush

Coach
You and I have a lot in common.
We saddle up every weekend hoping for the best and rolling with the punches.
I find it a little harder to have a "glass half full" attitude these days like you do.
I am one of many on this forum that admire your optimism which seems to be unwavering regardless of what transpires.
All will be revealed in 2 stages.
Next 4 weeks
Semis
I get it, I'm not an idiot and if we continue the slide over the next month I too will rip in, trust me.
But I am hanging in there with the optimism for now. We can turn this around with the likes of Hunt and Widdop in our team.

The Damo

Juniors
Out of curiosity- what would you say the chances of us losing all 4 are? And the tigers winning all 4? Under 5%, over 50%?
Personally I think the odds of us winning 4 are better than losing all 4, and hugely better than the tigers also winning all 4 - is that hubris?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
After reading another journalistic masterpiece by the Illawarra Mercury, it occurred to me that we have a coach who does not have a true grasp of reality.
To my dismay, this is what I read.
"It’s a scenario that seemed unthinkable even a month ago, but McGregor said his side’s belief hasn’t wavered despite the recent run of outs.

“When you’re going great, probably not going as good as people say, and when you’re going bad, you’re probably not going as bad as people say. That’s how footy works,” McGregor said.

“When you create what we did, we led the comp up until a month ago and we’re the only team that’s been in the top four [all season], I understand the [scrutiny].

“It’s good because we’ve built that. No one else had built it for us, we’ve built in ourselves and we’ve proven to anyone and everyone that we can beat any side. It’s important we finish what we started, and we’re in a position to do that.”

We are still talking about leading the comp and being in the top 4....
I will avoid posting how I feel but rather open for comment.

It's called spin- politicians use it every day. Mary has added a delusional disorder to his extensive list of shortcomings.

Old Timer

Coach
Out of curiosity- what would you say the chances of us losing all 4 are? And the tigers winning all 4? Under 5%, over 50%?
Personally I think the odds of us winning 4 are better than losing all 4, and hugely better than the tigers also winning all 4 - is that hubris?
Your earlier statement “we will be playing semis” is indeed hubris.
You make no allowance for the fact that history shows we have repeatedly failed at this part of the season nor the fact that the Tigpies have proven hard to beat and are improving.
IMO far more chance of us losing 4 than winning 4

Crush

Coach
Your earlier statement “we will be playing semis” is indeed hubris.
You make no allowance for the fact that history shows we have repeatedly failed at this part of the season nor the fact that the Tigpies have proven hard to beat and are improving.
IMO far more chance of us losing 4 than winning 4
You know Damo and I are different posters right?

st penguin

Juniors
“When you’re going great, probably not going as good as people say, and when you’re going bad, you’re probably not going as bad as people say. That’s how footy works,” McGregor said.

Not sure what the big deal is here. This is fairly common saying (albeit expressed clumsily here)

Latest posts