What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Once again one good episode followed by 3 or 4 of filler.

It's been this ways since about series 3.

alien

Referee
They should cover their ammunition, arrows, and spears in zombie blood. So even if the bullets, arrows, spears don't kill the people straight away, it will kill them by turning them into zombies.

I have the last 3 TWD's saved on IQ and right now, I don't have any desire to watch them.

I never thought I'd ever say this but I'm more interested in Z Nation at the moment than TWD.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Better than last week.. In saying that rubbing deep heat on my balls would also fit into the category of things that are more entertaining so it doesn't say much.

Here's hoping the build up to the mid season break gets things moving again... Neegan's shtick is also beginning to wear on me...

Aragorn

First Grade
Negan went from kick ass killer to annoying dickhead. This is what happens when the climax happens at the start of new season. You just know all his scary threats are meaningless jibeerish with no real risk of him killing any of the main characters. Its just meh.....

butchmcdick

Immortal
I have no idea what you merkins are complaining about

I enjoyed last weeks episode at Oceanside

I enjoyed this weeks focusing on Negan/Carl too

It's going to be fun watching them try to get the boat and the cache of guns their

Ditto Spencer trying to take on Rick for the leadership

To borrow from the wire, you come at the king you best not miss

axl rose

Bench
Negan went from kick ass killer to annoying dickhead. This is what happens when the climax happens at the start of new season. You just know all his scary threats are meaningless jibeerish with no real risk of him killing any of the main characters. Its just meh.....

True, im usually the first to defend the show but this season is the worst.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I've said before that i think the problem is that this is a B grade show trying to hard to be like an A grade show like the breaking bads and wires of the world. And it's had so much promise especially in the 1st season that it looked like they might pull it off.
But i think the big problem is that the makers off the show don't realise why people liked the show in the first place. They think it's the characters, but it was the setting that did it. People fantasized about what they would do if they woke up from a coma in that world, would they trust others. Would they try build a new life and settlement, how would they get food, how they would react ro threats and the zombies. There were cool parts like when the governor crashed a truck full of zombies into the compound or when Rick used zombie guts to walk amongst the dead. But after season 3 all that dried up and they tried to Hard to make it a character driven show. Except there's literally no interesting characters. Think of other great shows with great characters. Tyrion Lannister overcomes prejudice and people under estimatinh him by being incredibly intelligent, plus he has a kind heart in a cruel world and is good for a one liner. Walter White is a mild mannered guy who has been kicked down his whole life, but the further he gets into the drug world the power changes him and he becomes dark and evil. Then you have The walking Deads greatest character Darryl, who is great because..... um he has a crossbow?

axl rose

Bench
Then you have The walking Deads greatest character Darryl, who is great because..... um he has a crossbow?

All good points. Worked as a character best with Merle, like the face off with lilttle bro at Woodbury,or Merle constantly giving him shit for being Rick's bitch.

To many characters no-ones gives a shit about now. A whole episode on Tara and some black guy id forgotten about, who cares.

Last edited:

PJ

First Grade
Used to be an avid living with 2 others in the same boat.

One gave up midway through last season and the other two of us watched the first episode and have left the rest on iQ. Reading this I doubt I'll bother.

Maybe the show name is an apt description of the series now.

butchmcdick

Immortal
I have no idea what you merkins are complaining about

I enjoyed last weeks episode at Oceanside

I enjoyed this weeks focusing on Negan/Carl too

It's going to be fun watching them try to get the boat and the cache of guns their

Ditto Spencer trying to take on Rick for the leadership

To borrow from the wire, you come at the king you best not miss

18to87

First Grade
Well to people switching off, the stories ahead in the comics are pretty damn good. I just wish they would hurry up and get to them!

PJ

First Grade
Negan was pretty good in the comics too and sounds like his storyline is failing to live up to potential.

No confidence theyll do the whisperers justice.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Negan was pretty good in the comics too and sounds like his storyline is failing to live up to potential.

No confidence theyll do the whisperers justice.

The Negan/Carl dialogue was pretty much straight from the comics you whinging bastard :)

From what I understand somebody is about to make a gutsy move that is straight from the comics