What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I enjoyed last weeks episode at Oceanside

but-why.gif

butchmcdick

Immortal
I thought it introduced a new community and shows what happens when you piss off the saviours

Lesbian wakes up in an all female camp didn't go as expected though

Shorty

Staff member
Well to people switching off, the stories ahead in the comics are pretty damn good. I just wish they would hurry up and get to them!
Let me guess.

Another gang? More conflict resolution and then false sense of security?
This show is great but I'm just sort of sick of the same thing for dinner each night.
It is different in that it is character driven but its been 6 seasons of the same plots with varying antagonists.

This can work, if you actually have an underlying storyline structure (which walking dead has never had).

DlEHARD

Juniors
Should be interesting next episode with so many people in play.

I enjoyed the Negan/Carl scenes and the f**ked up iron scene with Daryl being the Saviours janitor.

I agree that the oceanside group added to the story but god damn I hate Terra. She isn't funny. I'm sure we were all hoping for a terrible end for her.

Shorty

Staff member
The fanboys love her though, I don't get it....shes only sort of cute.
But I'd take Maggie, Sasha and Rosita before Tara.
In fact angry Rosita has made herself 100 times hotter.

18to87

First Grade
So apperently the show is consistently losing viewers each week. Is it safe to say it's jumped the shark?
This season has certainly dropped off. Other than episode one and maybe two, things have been moving painfully slowly until yesterday's pretty good episode. Some fans left due to the nature of the first episode but (having read the comics) I think it is about to pick up again.

Not really a spoiler (more rumour) but just in case:
"Apparently season 7 won't end with a cliff hanger and there will be a two year gap (in TWD world) between 7 and 8 as in the comics. If so, season 8 has some really good story lines."

DiegoNT

First Grade
I don't think you can get viewers back with the promise of big story lines to come. Negan was overhyped as being an amazing villian with amazing story lines, but has fallen way short. The whisperers don't really excite me, people who have no idea about the comics will be even less interested.
I actually missed the 4th season. I watched the first 3 seasons on dvd then had austar put on at my new place just in time for season 5. But even though i enjoyed the walking dead, i just couldn't watch season 5 without watching season 4 first. So the hope to get viewers back for an exciting season 8 will be hard because many don't want to sit through a dull season 7.
The show is in a downward descent, the glenn death fake-out ( only to kill him anyway), the slow build up to negan, then the way the cliff hanger was handled, the incredibly slow pacing issues, filler episodes ( a tara centric episode?) And basically the show becoming repetitive means that they have to make huge changes just to keep the viewers they have

Pommy

Coach
I've got to admit season 7 has been slow but i'm not close to even thinking about walking away from the show. They may have lost viewers but it still has to be one of the most watched shows on TV still.

Shorty

Staff member
It is and the fans of Walking Dead are the most dedicated you will come across, they are refreshing compared to GoT and it's nitpickers.
That being said I think they probably need to have a banging second half otherwise the dropping of viewership will continue.

Aragorn

First Grade
It is and the fans of Walking Dead are the most dedicated you will come across.

Yeah and the producers are banking on that. Theres nothing more to explore theme wise, and the producers are really stretching it to earn the $$$$. Its just a cash cow for the network.

Was the scene where the bullet was blocked by the baseball bat from the comics? Knowing the show I knew it had zero chance of killing him but that was next level garbage

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Was the scene where the bullet was blocked by the baseball bat from the comics? Knowing the show I knew it had zero chance of killing him but that was next level garbage
yup

it wasnt in that context though. Karl shot it but it didnt save Negans lufe like it did in the show

Agree, it was terrible stuff

images

axl rose

Bench
Jeffery Morgan is doing a good job but I preferred the Governor as a villain so far. Negan seems to reasonable thus far, more of a likable smart-ass. Only killing Glenn and Abe after the group slaughtered 40 of thiers at the outpost, babysitting Carl etc. Sure he gutted the side character and miss piggy got it but ..meh. Don't read the comics, hope it gets nastier

Time to check out this Westworld show people are jerking off to.

Last edited: