The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Music & Movies Forum' started by Zigwaa, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Rhino_NQ

Rhino_NQ Immortal

Well at least they killed off a main character.....with half a dozen new even more boring ones to replace her

axl rose likes this.
  2. Shorty

Shorty Moderator Staff Member

It gets undeserved praise mostly because it's ratings are good on the surface.
    They try to compare it's ratings to GoT's when it isn't really appropriate, TWD is on a relatively cheap provider and it's basically all that channel has.
    GoT is on HBO (A premier network that I hear is VERY expensive).

So is it like the 4th time in this show that we have had a finale with the same basic ending?
    (Inspirational music with a collection of scenes of the characters standing up and looking at each other proudly).
    I give them 1-2 seasons max left, pretty good innings really but TWD has been on borrowed time for about 2 years now.

3. KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith Referee

Even if TWD dropped 20% of it's audience per season for the next two seasons it would still be comfortably near the top of the heap in regards to ratings.

I think part of the issue is the slowdown due to the fear of overtaking the source material (followed by other external issues like cast, budget, general pc bullshit) It's left a load of filler crap.

No doubt the quality has declined but I think we'll be hitting season 10 at the very least before any concerns about cancelation.

axl rose likes this.
  4. axl rose

axl rose Bench

“We are trying to do 20 years. The Walking Dead comic has certainly done it, show-runner Gimple said. He also pointed to The Simpsons as an inspiration: “The Simpsons has been on 26, 27 years, so that’s a challenge—so O.K., challenge accepted. Done,” Gimple said.

Yikes, no wonder its been a 'little' slow paced this year.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  5. Rhino_NQ

Rhino_NQ Immortal

it sucks that fear the walking dead decided to take the same approach TWD did in the follow up season and go from an intense setting surrounded by zombies and then immediately go somewhere that has none and spend most of the season there.

18to87 likes this.
  6. Incorrect

Incorrect Bench

Does someone want to tell this Gimple fella that while the Simpsons has been going for 26+ years, that is nothing to aspire to - it has been trash since about season 12 or 13... And TWD has already run out of steam before it's even reached season 8, so I can't imagine what it would be like come anything beyond season 10...

axl rose likes this.
  7. Rhino_NQ

Rhino_NQ Immortal

They got at least one episode of filler coveted going back to show the tigers history. Just need another 13.5 episodes of crap with half an episode of action at the very end, times it by 3 and whammy, 10 seasons. Piece of piss. Might even include zombies in their again somewhere

axl rose and Incorrect like this.
  8. cb4

cb4 First Grade

People whinging about the story line and missed scenes and I am here wondering who mows the grass, and how they keep refueling those cars.

The show needs to cut itself from a few characters.
    Aaron is a fantastic character but is soft because his boyfriend doesn't like him fighting. Boyfriend needs to die.

Jesus is arguably the best character but gets little to no air time. He needs to be more involved like Daryl.
    Speaking of Daryl, he needs his ruthlessness back. He want from bad ass to soft merkin over night.

In terms of theater and modern day leading characters, there is no better than Rick Grimes. He has lead his group from the farm, to a prison, to separation, against the Governor , in and out of Terminus, and now to Alexandria.
    The problem is, along the way the adversity goes from other characters and see's Rick pick up the pieces.
    When his wife died, they had a chance to make him a killer leader. They didn't. They made him softer. Compassionate.
    He tried to negotiate a place of peace with the Governor, and I have no doubt he will do that with Negan.

They should have killed Karl. In front of Rick. The bat should have hit.
    That would have made him a psycho. Or he should have found Michone dead. Something,
    He needs that something to kick start him.

Negan has been the best villain we have seen, but my fear is once he is dead, another group will come along.
    Worse than before. And we will see the same shit.
    Adversity, coming together, finding more people, set back, regather, bury a friend and kill people.
    Rinse. Repeat.

I haven't read the comics but I feel that is what is happening.

After Negan is killed, captured, runs away, what ever his fate, they should head to Washington. Or New York. Or somewhere.
    They need to rebuild civilisation, not keep slaying it.
    The outbreak puts the walker to human ratio at about 3000/1, so it is pointless to keep killing humans.
    They need to get to a point of how the world starts over.
    And how the rise of Rick Grimes helps that.

Or a f**king Tsunami should hit and end the show.

Either way.

axl rose likes this.
  9. DlEHARD

DlEHARD Juniors

They really need to enter a new stage of the zombie virus, which makes them hyperactive. They are no threat at all now.

axl rose likes this.
  10. Rhino_NQ

Rhino_NQ Immortal

zombie raping?

11. axl rose

axl rose Bench

Tried to watch the most recent episode for first time in a decade, my god its woeful.

Anyway i would watch a Shiva back episode :D, beats a full Tara episode im sure

Incorrect likes this.
  12. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

The walking dead is getting a bit of hate in here. I personally still enjoy it but I know it's not a masterpiece.
    Fear the walking dead on the other hand is just awful drivel. The first season had moments where I thought it could be good but it's well past those few moments.

hrundi99 and DlEHARD like this.
  13. axl rose

axl rose Bench

No bitching about Walking Dead for 8 months, sad. How long till Game of Thrones.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Aragorn likes this.
  14. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

I hope you've got your shitting pants on

I know walking dead gets plenty of hate but I still love it.

18to87, butchmcdick and axl rose like this.
  15. Shorty

Shorty Moderator Staff Member

The best part of that was Carol, she's back.

axl rose likes this.
  16. 18to87

18to87 First Grade

I assume they will have a strong fast forward following all-out war?

17. Scrooge McDuck

Scrooge McDuck Juniors

Worst show on television. And I've seen The Valleys.

18. Rhino_NQ

Rhino_NQ Immortal

giving dance moms way too much credit

19. butchmcdick

butchmcdick Guest

Guess whose back

Back again

Not a bad first ep

Generalzod likes this.
  20. Generalzod

Generalzod Coach

Yep it was pretty good...