What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
girvie said:
I think that one player from each losing team should be chosen and then a vote to see wins in a 3-2-1 points system.
eg Round 1: Hughes 3, Toopi 2, Simmonds 1, Galavao, Bell, Thurston, Fitzhenry
Why limit it to losing teams? Players can still get Dally M nominations in losing sides. Just because a player's teammates have covered for his crapness and got the win doesn't mean they should be spared a nomination!

JW

Coach
I suggest adding Darren Lockyer as a nominee for this weeks Paul Carige award - he'd be a worthy recipient.

Worst. Kicker. Ever.

:(

Hurriflatch

Referee
OK so we have
Round 2 - Nominees after 4 of the 7 games
Matt Utai (Bulldogs)
Darren Lockyer (Broncos)
Matt Gidley (Knights)

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I think this will have to be a weekly sticky legend.

After each round, a poll of say the worst 6/7 players.

Obviously a first past the post, and add them up after the season.

If you really want to take it further, at season end, contact the players and some news outlets to present them with the award.

For comparison, what's the name of the awards given a day before the oscars for the worst actress etc.

It'd be a way of making the website a genuine mainstream voice.... must prefered over that fraud crikey.com

m0j0

Bench
Kurt Angle said:
For comparison, what's the name of the awards given a day before the oscars for the worst actress etc.
The Golden Raspberry Awards (aka The Razzis).

Raider_69

Post Whore
M Giddley and A Johns to take up 2 nominations from the Raiders V Knights game
they both fed quality ball to thin air and the touchie

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
OK so we have
Round 2 - Nominees after 4 of the 7 games
Matt Utai (Bulldogs)
Darren Lockyer (Broncos)
Matt Gidley (Knights)
Bloody harsh on Lockyer, his goalkicking was crap but it wasn't the difference in the end anyway, and he was as dangerous as ever with ball in hand. I'm sure someone from the Dragons mus've been far more deserving.

And good to see that no Warriors players will get nominated this week, even Webb's professional foul wass forgivable as it saved a certain try. (and we managed to increase the lead wheen he was in the bin anyway)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well I didn't think it was possible, but Hoppa's outdone everybody I reckon with his act of brainless thuggery that looks poised to cost Manly a win that they were poised to take at a canter up until that point.

3 points: Hoppoate
2 points: Utai
1 point: Gidley

I guess Hoppa's safe though as he's going to get suspended for so long he won't have the chance to rack up any more points.

It's going to take a real neville to threaten those three in the remainder of the round.

Latest posts