What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The wheels have well and truly come off the billy cart but there is light at the end of the tunnel

Yes we have gone off the boil a bit. OK no argument and as a dragon fan I want to see us winning.

We are not getting thrashed of late just not closing out. Think Raiders game also. Teams are getting 50 put on them. BTW we almost pulled off a last 15 sec miracle against the rabbits.

It looked as though we were gassed against Souths at the end and just didn't close out.
I think we have a few really struggling with injury but getting on the park.

I note some on the forum blame a 'power game' approach. Every team plays a power game and has big forwards trying to lay the platform.

Widdop played well on the weekend. Sublime pass for Nightie try, diffused bombs, tackled well, looked dangerous and kicked conversions from sideline. Duffed one clearing kick nesr the end. He is a class player.

Dufty is looking good in both games. Nice move for the last Dragons try and Mann missed seeing him back up inside. Boy did u see that back up acceleration made up 2 metres in 10. Took bombs well.

We are not done for 8 yet. Half the teams are behind us.

Blake Lawrie looks a tough no nonsense type to me.wouldnt write him off.

Yeah, half the teams are behind us and we've lost to most of them in past few weeks.

I can cop getting beaten by better side, Storm, Roosters, Wobegongs, but it's the loses to teams who's season is over that hurts.

Belta

Juniors
Rsaint said; "...we are not done for the 8 yet. Half the teams are behind us..."
Also like you're optimism but what concerns me is we are getting beat by teams below us and flailing away at the final stages whilst teams around our position, ie parra, Canberra and Penrith are well and truly hitting their straps and playing really good football. Im hopeful to the Dragons can surprise with a strong finish but to be honest their recent form gives me little confidence

Dragon66

Juniors
Yes we have gone off the boil a bit. OK no argument and as a dragon fan I want to see us winning.

I note some on the forum blame a 'power game' approach. Every team plays a power game and has big forwards trying to lay the platform.

Blake Lawrie looks a tough no nonsense type to me.wouldnt write him off.

I am one of those that mentioned the "Power Game" approach- but not that I thought doing it was a negative - but that once the opposition teams muscled up we had no Plan B.

It's the one out, take the tackle and do it again, while the rest of the teams jogs behind and watches that I find frustrating. And with playing busted forwards atm you would think that the backs would stand deeper and they would spread the ball sooner so they had some space to run in to take pressure off the forward pack.

Early in the season our forwards were bending the opposition D line and regularly off loading to close supporting runners, esp. Vaughan and JDB. Atm its tuck it under the wing, take the tackle and try for a quick play the ball. When that's the predominant play our team has the backline stands flat on the advantage line and gives itself no space to get around defenders on the outside if an opportunity presented itself.

With Dufty, Dugan, McDonald all capable of beating players one on one it is rare to see them get the opportunities that they should.

It all gets down to the coaching, and that's where the buck stops. Because we have a coach with no idea.

BTW, I'll through in $1000 as well.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
Dugan should come off the bench and be an impact player in the forwards. Just let him take hit ups and and see how many players he can bump off. Then after 20 minutes/injury give him a break. He can't pass so no point having him at centre or fullback.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Its a sad state of affairs.

After the promises of better days and rebuilding and "progress" its all over.
And to think that even some of the biggest critics of this management (myself included) for a moment believed the BS from Doust, Millward and Mary.

What a pathetic lot... and what a legacy they will leave that we may be talking about for the next 20 years.

Latest posts