What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wit and Wisdom of Jason Taylor

Tigerted

Juniors
Taylor isn't going to succeed in a quarrel with an uncompromising veteran of the club on huge money when the club doesn't have the financial wherewithal to resolve it in the short term.

This whole situation was fraught from day 1 due to Taylors appalling communication & negotiation skills.The way he mishandled the situation last yr is testament to how blatantly unfit this dope is to be @ the helm of a club brimming with youth who r @ the infant stage of their development as pro footballers.

Taylors dialogue & mannerisms r not befitting of a coach.

Ideally I'd like to c Robbie go to UK & Taylor get replaced by a credible coach.Luckily for Taylor the timely poor form of the 1 dimensional Souffs has prolonged the tenure as coach of this gump.

Taylor can actually mention the last 6 games now and be in the positive :roll:.

After last weeks game the 6 included the Raiders game and the 54 points loss, now that disappears but I'd like to add the line from Tigerted.

in the last 6 has had
W against Souths, luckily for Taylor the timely poor form of the 1 dimensional Souffs
L in the rain
W against a team missing what 6 SOO players?
W against team coming last and it wasnt at all convincing,
L by 32 to the Bulldogs,
W against an out of form Souths which was still a good win.

So 4 wins from 6

I still think he's delusional

Ron's_Mate

Bench
This is the weakest comp in years, there are only 4 good teams. If you're not in the top 8 you're failing badly.
Also, the team that beat us last week with no Farah (Easts) got flogged 42-0 by Melbourne this round. It's a bad sign when you're getting beaten by some of the worst teams in the comp, Easts & Knights.

Tigerm

First Grade
This is the weakest comp in years, there are only 4 good teams. If you're not in the top 8 you're failing badly.
Also, the team that beat us last week with no Farah (Easts) got flogged 42-0 by Melbourne this round. It's a bad sign when you're getting beaten by some of the worst teams in the comp, Easts & Knights.

agree, but its better winning bad than losing.:lol:

It's a bad sign when you're getting beaten by some of the worst teams in the comp, Easts & Knights.
well said Ron's mate and that there is perspective.

And yes Tigerm
but its better winning bad than losing
for us long suffering fans and it's a good thing that many fans whilst happy for each win, can see pass the smoke and mirrors for what it really is.

We are a strong chance of winning games when the opposition starts playing that one out Taylorball sh*t with a kick on the last that JT was so adamant about the WT solely playing,Souths,Broncs both fell into that trap resulting in a win for WT.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our wins have come when teams don't attack the Moses - Naiqama - Nofoaluma side.

It surprises me when teams don't do it

“It’s the clear direction for us as a club, and it’s a positive direction,
gee, does the clear direction mean that Halatau is now the starting 9 ? I wonder what his plan B is when Halatau gets hurt and has to miss a game, who will be the starting 9 ?

full story here:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaki...y/news-story/cfcf7b3d259ba7432c18d4f8395ed746

ROBBIE Farah is set to become a permanent bench player for Wests Tigers with coach Jason Taylor indicating that’s his plan.

The Tigers (6-8) have won four games when without Farah this season, and were again victorious on Friday night against South Sydney when the NSW hooker came off the bench.

And while there was much conjecture before that match about whether former skipper Farah would retain his starting spot, Taylor has suggested his strong bench role is the way forward.

“It’s the clear direction for us as a club, and it’s a positive direction,” Taylor told Sky Sports Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast.

“I think it’s the direction of the future and we will keep rolling our way down that path.”

The Tigers have won three of their past four matches, and now find themselves just two points out of the top eight in 13th position.

Taylor puts that largely down to a change in the club’s tactics, which has allowed halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks to take more control of the game while dangerous fullback James Tedesco is able to receive more early ball.
in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif
[FONT=sans-serif !important]–– ADVERTISEMENT ––[/FONT]​

in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

“What that means is some tough decisions around the style of play, so that’s the reason behind some of the decisions that we have made over the past five or six weeks,” Taylor said.

“Robbie missed a few games and the team has played really well, so we want to keep rolling in that fashion.”

Taylor also defended his decision to rest Farah from the Tigers round 13 loss to the Roosters, a decision that was seen as the latest episode in a feud between the pair after the 246-game veteran was reportedly upset at missing the game.

“It wasn’t a mistake, it was the right decision with what Robbie had been through in the Origin game but also the head knock that was pretty severe that he received,” Taylor said.

“And also that we wanted to keep the team rolling in that fashion we had.”

Farah’s position at the Tigers has appeared unsettled since the end of last season when Taylor told the 2005 premiership winner he could look elsewhere

Tigerted

Juniors
For that imbecile Taylor to say "the team is playing really well, so we want to keep rolling in that fashion" he is massively deluded & nothing but an insecure desperate gump.

Facts that the pissant Taylor selectively ignores r that we haven't beaten any decent team that's been @ full strength.The Broncos r the only team in the 8 weve beaten & they were depleted.Our other 5 wins have been against teams that r bog average.

We have had an easy draw played shit teams like Souths & knights twice; haven't played the cows ; played Broncos during origin;

Our defence which Taylor has claimed he is prioritising with from day 1 is the 2nd worst in the Comp.

Most games we get beaten in we r totally crap as per in recent times v raiders dogs & roosters.

So this imbecile considers a team that's beaten no-one of note @ full strength, with the 2nd worst defence & a deplorable kicking game as one which is playing really well !! He's in the wrong occupation he ought to be electioneering with the volume of dribble he discharges !

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the comment of 'getting more ball to Brooks' as part of some new gameplay is dopey. The stupid merkin has been saying that since he first got here.

And its only a continuation of part of the strategy Potter had already established. So given that's Taylor's only plan, which someone else had already come up with and was being practiced, what other ideas has he got other than kick high to the corner everytime?

jadtiger

Juniors
If we win more games than we lose this year i would agree we are going forward and perhaps Taylor is getting better.However i cant see it happening as much as i would like to have a decent season.I wonder if his supporters will admit that he is useless if it dosent happen and will blame Robbie, assistant coach, Buckets, tea lady,ball boys etc.Meanwhile Taylor continues to talk waffle which some people fall for.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Taylor has been a massive failure so far however if we win games I'm happy for him to stay. I think when it comes to Robbie Taylor plays games just to prove that he is the man. That is freaken ordinary but if we make the 8 then I don't care.

If Taylor stuffs up another season with his game playing with Robbie and boring 5 hit-ups and then do a mid field bomb game plans then he should be sacked. I don't want to repeat 2 poor seasons next year with that muppet as coach.

Tigerted

Juniors
Tiger05 we have buckleys of making the 8 as we need to win 6/10.

If u look @ our form & results over the last 14 rounds it's a very accurate barometer of where we r.We r an ordinary team that hates the dirty stuff & really struggle when the opposition takes us on up the middle.Our kicking game is appalling & no better than park footy standard.We r littered with non-defenders & the extremely challenged imbecile coach has a penchant for making the most bewildering of decisions re selections & game plans !

We will finish 12th -14th !

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05 we have buckleys of making the 8 as we need to win 6/10.

If u look @ our form & results over the last 14 rounds it's a very accurate barometer of where we r.We r an ordinary team that hates the dirty stuff & really struggle when the opposition takes us on up the middle.Our kicking game is appalling & no better than park footy standard.We r littered with non-defenders & the extremely challenged imbecile coach has a penchant for making the most bewildering of decisions re selections & game plans !

We will finish 12th -14th !

I think we have a good team and a dud coach. I reckon we can win 6 out of 10. I accept that we have inconsistent halves and that may impact on Taylor's ability to have a good season but those halves have moments where they look like guns.

In my opinion it's really simple - make the 8 or Taylor should get sacked.

Taylor's big mistake is that he is a knob with the communication and people skills of a mute inbred donkey.

With what happened last year between he and Rob, the last thing he should do is play games and feed the media beast.

If he wants to play Rob off the bench, do it, communicate it to him and the team and tell them it's the role for him that's best for the club.

Don't pick him at 9, then leak to the media that you are going to bench him and the circus in the media starts again.

Taylor isn't Bennett or Bellamy, he has no credibility or the runs on the board to be able to play these silly games and take these gambles with a player who is a club legend, loved by most fans and a sponsor's dream.

In the end, our coach is a bell end.

Bubbles

Tigerm

First Grade
Taylor's big mistake is that he is a knob with the communication and people skills of a mute inbred donkey.

With what happened last year between he and Rob, the last thing he should do is play games and feed the media beast.

If he wants to play Rob off the bench, do it, communicate it to him and the team and tell them it's the role for him that's best for the club.

Don't pick him at 9, then leak to the media that you are going to bench him and the circus in the media starts again.

Taylor isn't Bennett or Bellamy, he has no credibility or the runs on the board to be able to play these silly games and take these gambles with a player who is a club legend, loved by most fans and a sponsor's dream.

In the end, our coach is a bell end.

Bubbles

Yep, well said.

Tigerted

Juniors
Hear hear bubbles !

What's also disturbing is we have a naive chairwoman who from all accounts is satisfied with how this major league imbecile is performing.

How Taylor continues to b employed as head coach when he is clearly out of his depth beggars belief !

Latest posts