What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wit and Wisdom of Jason Taylor

phenisha

Juniors
after this year, the most impressive thing with potter looking back was how well the young players stepped up and played for him.

"I will coach Robbie well"

I'm 99% certain that is what he said on radio today.
What a thing to say, just like an organisations mission statement fluff piece created by marketing department.

Understand that, but you still have a f**king go. Players of bygone eras from both Wests and Balmain would have still left everything on the field even if it were all going to shit, and they were playing for a schooner and a pie.

No wonder the older blokes reckon the guys running around now are soft merkins.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
http://www.2ue.com.au/news/tigers-c...ah-could-play-in-round-1-20151118-gl2hao.html

link to 10 minute interview. Its worth a listen.

Taylor just does not engender confidence. When Potter got the arse the next coach had to be someone with experience not someone unproven at NRL level. Even when he says things are 80% ok with Farah that is not good enough. You do not publicly admit you've given players permission to negotiate elsewhere only to backtrack and say its ok for those same players to stay on at the club.

The sort of coach that's needed is a ballbreaker who will earn the respect of the players. Of those candidates out there I am just not sure either Toovey or Cleary are great fits.

I retain the vain hope that Harry T can singlehandedly drag us out of this mess. The current situation is a shambles, it really is.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Will the bitch whinging about Taylor ever stop from you "robbie is the lord" crew.

Expectations are we will run near last in 2016, so anything above that is a bonus.

macnaz

Staff member
Compare our team to 2015 Saints . They dont look much if any better then us yet they achieved far more than us. I feel if the players have a dig they can do better than last place . If they want to be unprofessional and blame the coach and not try well they will certainly come last. The players have to remember they are playing for themselves , the club and fans as well . We dont need selfish players anymore at our club and 2016 will show us all which those players are.
WT are trying to end this soft c**k culture that has been around for a decade . Altho both merged clubs struggled in later years with below par roosters , they never struggled for heart and spirit .

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Compare our team to 2015 Saints . They dont look much if any better then us yet they achieved far more than us. I feel if the players have a dig they can do better than last place . If they want to be unprofessional and blame the coach and not try well they will certainly come last. The players have to remember they are playing for themselves , the club and fans as well . We dont need selfish players anymore at our club and 2016 will show us all which those players are.
WT are trying to end this soft c**k culture that has been around for a decade . Altho both merged clubs struggled in later years with below par roosters , they never struggled for heart and spirit .

Brooks and Moses I expect will start the season strong, as they are seemingly testing the market to raise their value here.

That seems to be the only motivating factor for players at the club at the moment.

Which is where Taylor needs to inspire the players to play with pride.

Not whatever it is the f**k he is currently doing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will the bitch whinging about Taylor ever stop from you "robbie is the lord" crew.

Expectations are we will run near last in 2016, so anything above that is a bonus.

Taylor is a shit coach. That has nothing to do with Farah or any supposed love for him.

As I've repeatedly stated here, I don't care if Farah stays or goes. He's going to go soon enough anyways (probably 3 years away from retirement)

We already had his replacement in place in Cherrington.

Then the club signs Ballin. We need to lose Farah now more than anything so that Cherrington doesn't get disgruntled about being left out of the side (which is inevitably going to happen when you have 2 Origin hookers at the club).

Farah deserved better
The club deserved better
The fans deserved better

Taylor is arguably the worst coach we've ever had. Terry Lamb was horrendous. Taylor, with more experience before coming here than Lamb, is frighteningly close.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
One thing a coach should be good at is strategic thinking. It's a major part of game plans, motivating players etc. Taylor wants to get rid of Farah so comes up with this strategy to heavy him out which has spectacularly backfired, leading to the current debacle. A better strategic thinker would have found a way to ease Farah out gently, or if that was not possible, to be resigned to living with him for two years, but not to cause this unnecessary drama. I would suggest this current shitfight is a major reason for Tapau leaving - who wants to be part of a club that is having a civil war? So it all comes back to Taylor being a crap coach.

No wonder players want out,when this shit storm started about getting rid of Farah the board in its wisdom used the players as a major reason rather than telling the truth.
Makes you wonder what was in Brian Smith report if anything about the state of our
club,maybe he can come back and do another report to rid us of JT and GO.

Tiger05

First Grade
Farah deserved better
The club deserved better
The fans deserved better

I agree.

Taylor is arguably the worst coach we've ever had. Terry Lamb was horrendous. Taylor, with more experience before coming here than Lamb, is frighteningly close.

I think so far he is easily the worst coach I have ever seen. I think Lamb got more out of the players than JT has so far.

I am hopeful that JT can turn this all around and that he has learnt from his mistakes but I really am not sure that this is going to happen.

drago brelli

Bench
Terry Lamb.....that nitwit Terry Hill used to call Lamb 'mini bus' because he was half a coach. Hill gave the Wests Tigers no end of trouble. As fans I think you will have to ride this out. You will come out of this. Most clubs go through some terrible times, eg; Cronulla, Manly, St.G/Illa, Parramatta, Newcastle, Gold Coast.....good luck!

Ron's_Mate

Bench
“Both Robbie and I have had some really positive private conversations and we’re both committed to the success of the club in 2016 and beyond,” Taylor said.
gImFsUA.jpg

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why not have those conversations before trying to push Farah out the door and drag the club through the shit for 2-3 months.

gordsy

Juniors
Why not have those conversations before trying to push Farah out the door and drag the club through the shit for 2-3 months.

Because it's cr@p. Neither likes the other but are stuck with each other so they have to paint a picture of a truce to minimise the horrible press we have been getting

None of the players rate or respect Taylor and he knows it,his apology to Farah is a desperate attempt to win back there support.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
gImFsUA.jpg

"Robbie also understands that when he sees an opportunity to play the best footy that Robbie Farah can play, we want him to do that."