What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Witcher 3

Parra Pride

Coach
There is a glitch on Xbox one which pretty much renders the game unplayable due to corrupt save files if you use the instant on feature and instant resume features. Thankfully everything is backed up in the cloud on the Xbone, so deleting the saves to make the game playable doesn't lose you any progress.

Took me a while to get into it but really enjoying it now, the quests and side quests are very well thought out. Unlike Skyrim where it's 'collect 3 flowers, 'clear out dungeon A' the story is also much better but not on the level of The Witcher 2's. The game is huge though, still much of it left.

redvscotty

First Grade
I've only played for a couple of hours so far (got it last night) but basically I feel it's a mix between Red Dead, LOTR, GoT, old chose your own adventure books and Skyrim.

Enjoying it so far.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't love The Witcher franchise's gameplay in the way I enjoy the Elder Scrolls style of play, but it's visually quite stunning. The world feels alive, much like Skyrim does once you've modded it to compensate for the fact it was designed for lower end machines.

"Wild Hunt" is a big step up from "Witcher 2", and, while not as deep as "Skyrim", it at least makes you think tactically about fights.

I was killed by 6 level 4 nekkers because I waded in and forgot their weaknesses - they overpowered me quickly, and made me look foolish.

ceagle

Bench
Struggled to get into since the story feels very confusing and overwhelming without much exposition provided. Is there anywhere I can read something to make the story a little more clear?

ceagle

Bench
Been playing this all day and haven't been able to put it down at all. On track all ready to be one of my favorite games of all time.

Tbh it is shitting on Skyrim so far, the side quests seem so much more deeper and aren't a chore unlike Skyrim. The leveling system is also way more rewarding and gives you incentives to complete tons of small quests to improve your character.

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Setting wise, I prefer it to Skyrim, although Skyrim lagged behind Oblivion in that regard. So much depth and the world genuinely feels like it lives and breathes in your absence.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Favourite part so far: approach a bookie for the fighting tourney. As he's talking, I can hear crying in the background. I pummel my opponent, get paid, and still hear crying. I follow the sound to an old woman who gives me a quest.

Awesome game.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
After pumping god knows how many hours into this game, I have to say it's probably the best game I've ever played now. Combat feels really tight once you get used to it, story is pretty solid, side quests are amazing...

And I love the fact that it feels like you're thrown into the world, instead of it growing with you like in something like Skyrim (which I hated), lost count of the amount of times I was a low level player then strolled into a field or forest and came across a monster that was a level 25+, and that they're still beatable IF you fight intelligently.

Unfortunately, the crashes on my PS4 have been more frequent as the game has gone on, crashed on me 4 times yesterday. Hopefully that gets resolved in the upcoming patch.

I'm now at level 24 currently, spent way too much time with it on the weekend.

Parra Pride

Coach
Game still hasn't hooked me in and given me the urge to just keep playing on, but I am enjoying the game quite a bit with what I do play. Kind of meh on what little of the story I've gone through so far, but just roaming around and exploring the areas (only White Orchard and Velen, so far) has been quite fun.

Game still hasn't hooked me in and given me the urge to just keep playing on, but I am enjoying the game quite a bit with what I do play. Kind of meh on what little of the story I've gone through so far, but just roaming around and exploring the areas (only White Orchard and Velen, so far) has been quite fun.
It did take me a while but I'm truly immersed in the world now. It just has such detail. The story gets better as you keep playing, and I really got a kick out of seeing some of TW2 characters. I loved that whole section with the Bloody Baron, especially the swamp part.

I haven't even been to Skellige yet and the map is huge (but not baron), even Novigrad feels a similar size to an AC city.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
It did take me a while but I'm truly immersed in the world now. It just has such detail. The story gets better as you keep playing, and I really got a kick out of seeing some of TW2 characters. I loved that whole section with the Bloody Baron, especially the swamp part.

I haven't even been to Skellige yet and the map is huge (but not baron), even Novigrad feels a similar size to an AC city.

Skellige is ridiculously big, there'd have to be 20 or so massive islands around it you can get to by boat. On one of the islands there was a cavern that would have been half the size of the Assassins Creed 2 map. It's absolutely ridiculous the amount of work that has gone into this game.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I've done Keira, Yennefer on a unicorn and at Kaeher Morhen, and Triss in a lighthouse.

I'm sure it will end well when they all eventually find out.

Last edited:

Latest posts