What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Witcher 3

Iafeta

Referee
This game is tops. Potted Keira the other night, like a gentleman, and she loved every moment of it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
At level 25, I've just crushed a level 40 golem, using strategy and patience.

It was an epic fight.

Oh, and have I mentioned how much I love this game?

TheVelourFog

First Grade
finished the second game and went straight into this one....and it was jarring that I had just finished off as a fully-leveled up character and had to start again from the bottom, despite the fact it's the same dude...did he just forget how to do all that shit or what

I know, I know, video games....

enjoying what I've done so far, lots of little tweaks that I'm loving (hold A to follow path!)
not enjoying trying to find all the alchemy ingredients

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've kind of given up on this game for ESO. While it was a good game, it just couldn't hook me in and keep me playing for extended periods, something which ESO is able to do.

Am I missing something with ESO?

I love Elder Scrolls, I love MMORPGs, and I found its graphics stunning - but I just couldn't get into the combat.

Parra Pride

Coach
The combat is kind of stupid, but something about it has kept me wanting to come back to it over and over. I've already sunk a good hundred and twenty hours into it, so it is doing something right, I'm just not sure what.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Something for me to kill time with over the upcoming Christmas break, I guess.

(Upcoming for me means anything after my current gig here in Africa, obviously)

Eelementary

Post Whore
finished the second game and went straight into this one....and it was jarring that I had just finished off as a fully-leveled up character and had to start again from the bottom, despite the fact it's the same dude...did he just forget how to do all that shit or what

I know, I know, video games....

enjoying what I've done so far, lots of little tweaks that I'm loving (hold A to follow path!)
not enjoying trying to find all the alchemy ingredients

Visit herbalists.

Or, you know...don't use your alchemy skills.

Eelectrica

Referee
One of the best RPG's I've played, and I've played a few.
Sadly my GTX980 died today so won't be continuing my adventures for a while. But did finish one playthrough.

Also the outstanding post sales service we've come to expect from CDPR. Finally got around to playing the enhanced edition of Witcher 2 having played it when it first came out, which is where by card died. *SIGH*
I should probably read the books since I won't be doing much gaming for a bit.

Hopefully when the redkit is released we get some good mods and maps as well.

Last edited:

TheVelourFog

First Grade
jeez that Butcher quest was pretty heavy

just met Keira and done the magic lamp stuff

expect to root her soon

Iafeta

Referee
Yen for the win.

Love the little part I had with Ciri before... on one hand she tells a couple of scrags she prefers women to get them away from talking up her brother, and then no less than a minute later she's almost popping the male version of his cherry... that was after an hour or so ago banging Yen. Quality.

The fighting is so rad... so much tactics involved. The only one that cheeses me off is when a monster replenishes their health. I'm a bit of a Quen man myself.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yen for the win.

Love the little part I had with Ciri before... on one hand she tells a couple of scrags she prefers women to get them away from talking up her brother, and then no less than a minute later she's almost popping the male version of his cherry... that was after an hour or so ago banging Yen. Quality.

The fighting is so rad... so much tactics involved. The only one that cheeses me off is when a monster replenishes their health. I'm a bit of a Quen man myself.

Quen and the Puppet Master perk for Axii saved my arse more than once.

McLovin

Staff member
Bought Witcher 3 last week. This game is pretty fooking good. Taking me a while to get used to the controls, combat, interface, etc.. but starting to get the hang of it. It's actually quite overwhelming with the amount of options there are.

One thing though, the map seems to be huge but not exactly 'open world' in a sense that the areas are separated from each other. Does this apply to the rest of the game or? I've just cleared the starting area...

Munky

Coach
There are four areas.

White Orchard
Velen/Novigrad
Skellige Isles
Kaer Morhen

Velen and Skellige are huge.

The game is brilliant and I highly recommend the DLC.

Next month the second expansion comes out with a new area the size of Skellige.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Bought Witcher 3 last week. This game is pretty fooking good. Taking me a while to get used to the controls, combat, interface, etc.. but starting to get the hang of it. It's actually quite overwhelming with the amount of options there are.

One thing though, the map seems to be huge but not exactly 'open world' in a sense that the areas are separated from each other. Does this apply to the rest of the game or? I've just cleared the starting area...

There are 4 separate areas, but Skellige would be bigger than the GTA 5 map, and it has a cavern system that covers the whole island. If they managed to make the whole game a seamless map it be the most impressive feat of engineering in a game ever. Each area is almost as big as a map for any current open world game.

Once you unlock Skellige there is a crazy amount of sailing to smaller islands you can do. To be honest if it was a seamless map, it would be an extremely daunting game to pick up, if it isn't that already.

Prepare to throw 150-200 hours of your life away though, once the game gets its hooks into you, it's probably the most addicting game I've ever played.

McLovin

Staff member
There are four areas.

White Orchard
Velen/Novigrad
Skellige Isles
Kaer Morhen

Velen and Skellige are huge.

The game is brilliant and I highly recommend the DLC.

Next month the second expansion comes out with a new area the size of Skellige.

There are 4 separate areas, but Skellige would be bigger than the GTA 5 map, and it has a cavern system that covers the whole island. If they managed to make the whole game a seamless map it be the most impressive feat of engineering in a game ever. Each area is almost as big as a map for any current open world game.

Once you unlock Skellige there is a crazy amount of sailing to smaller islands you can do. To be honest if it was a seamless map, it would be an extremely daunting game to pick up, if it isn't that already.

Prepare to throw 150-200 hours of your life away though, once the game gets its hooks into you, it's probably the most addicting game I've ever played.

Just hit Velen (I think). The next big playable area after White Orchard. Absolutely lost at the moment and I don't think i'm playing very well. My leveling is very slow, not sure if this is the norm but it seemed like forever to reach level 5, would hate to see the grinding involved once the higher levels are hit. Hours and hours into the game and i'm still in turd armor. My weapons are somewhat decent enough to do the job though.

Slowly learning the skill trees.. Zero interest in the gimmicky card game. Lost the horse (I know you can recall it) but I prefer travelling on foot.

All in all, it's quite a fun game and loving it so far. The combat is what's keeping me playing, it's just so smooth... Plays like Assassin's Creed. Any tips for leveling faster would be welcomed

Latest posts