What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The World Cup Thread

Misanthrope

Staff member
Cristiano Ronaldo is awesome

I cannot believe there are actually people who like that diving, sulking he-bitch.

So, France vs. Italy in the final. I never thought I'd be saying it but COME ON FRANCE!

CWBush said:
I cannot believe there are actually people who like that diving, sulking he-bitch.

So, France vs. Italy in the final. I never thought I'd be saying it but COME ON FRANCE!

Agree on both counts.

I'm a Manchester United fan, and even I don't like the whinging, diving sook. He is like the English Premier League's Brett Finch.

And *gulp* GO THE FROGS! VIVA LA FRANCE!

Parki

Bench
viva la sommeil more likely

a good nap takes precedence over the sh*t boring sleepy world cup final

Forza Italia.

Henry did it again, he came it in the champs league final, said he wasnt a girl coz he didnt dive. He proved he was in his words "a girl" against spain now after last night hes the girliest girl there is, high heels, frill skirt, loves to shop, thats henry. back to the dishes bitch

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'll take Henry's diving over Italian diving that knocked us out of the World Cup anyday.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Has been a very good game so far, plenty of attacking football. So glad France took the early lead - had it been Italy they'd have got behind the ball and turned the final into a war of attrition. As it is, at 1 all both sides are throwing everything they have into attack and it's made for a great first half.

Come on France!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well, it finished at 1 all and Italy went on to win it in penalties, but the real talking point was Zidane's brutal headbutt to an Italian player which saw the great man red carded. Ultimately proved a turning point in a game that France probably played the better football in.

The madness is over for another year. See you all at 2010! :p

Alex28

Coach
I thought the dive against Australia was pretty good, but that was the best timed dive ever!

Who headbutts in the chest? He would have needed a run up to knock him over with that much force...

Misanthrope

Staff member
If only we had got through against Italy...would have been a totally different tournament....

I agree. We wouldn't have won (I think Germany would have done us in), but it would have at least given us one less team of diving 'showmen'. Portugal making the semi finals was bad enough.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I just found it incredibly ironic that the bloke who sent us out of the Cup was the one who converted the penalty to give the Italians the World Cup.

MrCharisma

Bench
zidane29b.gif

FINISH HIM!

How fitting (and how sad) that a tournament that has been marred by diving, simulation of injury, referee abuse and cheating is won by the country that is the best at all of them.

IanG

Coach
Having heard what the Italian player supposedly said to Double Z I can understand why he headbutted him now.