What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Day...Or the Best?

The Worst OR the Best?

• Worst

• Best

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fangs

Coach
Well.

Big 4 is no more. Now its the Big 1...if anyone thinks he is big.

You've lost two big time reps and a very promising 5/8. Unless there is a massive signing spree this team is destined for the bottom 4 in 2018.

On the flipside, you've freed up cap space and with good management you'll be able to get a decent roster on the park. And your coach has form is transforming cellar dwellers into consistent teams.

So is this just about the worst day in the clubs history? Or is it one of the best?

Tiger Ted

Bench
It's a fabulous day.Weve dodged a few bullets.The arrogant puppets who were seeking massive overs & managed by the toxic grub will b under-delivering for another employer.

Theres an abundance of quality players with no egos who r on the market & we have enormous money to spend & a shrewd coach in the forefront re recruiting.

Front-Rower

First Grade
You've lost two big time reps and a very promising 5/8. Unless there is a massive signing spree this team is destined for the bottom 4 in 2018.

What's the difference in bottom 4 and bottom 8? You don't play semi final football. Which is something none of these guys apart from Wood's in 2011 have done anyway.

stryker

First Grade
Its a good day.
The 'big 4' have had years to impress and failed over and again.
We can replace these three overhyped guys with 5 good solid NRL players for the same dough.Then we build a team like Stuart did.

Tiger05

First Grade
It's good. I'm spewing about losing Tedesco but he is now and forever a dog.

We've also gotten rid of Woods and hopefully cut the cancer out of this club.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Losing Teddy is horrible. Woods and Moses I'm glad are gone.

Ivan is a smart coach and I don't expect him to go and spend all our money at once. Next year we have the following under contract:

Aloiai
Brooks
CheeKam
Felisse
Lawerance
Liddell
Marsters
Nofoaluma
Sue
Suli
MCQueen

Then reportedly Matiulino and Milne

Taylor has an option which I'm sure he'll take as he loves Cleary. I'm unsure on guys like Jacobs, Tatola ect but they'd be on minimum anyway.

In a way it's fairly exciting as our roster will have a huge overhaul and the ridiculous mediocre, player power bullshit culture left over from sheens will finally be gone. We have a proven coach who has done this twice before with huge success.

As I said I don't think Ivan will go crazy for next year. He'll buy a few decent players but he won't buy guys just cause they're available. He might wait until next year to go for some real stars.

We'll be ok, to me it's more of a bad day then good but I have a feeling in 2 years we'll look back on it as a turning point for the club.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Its a good day.
The 'big 4' have had years to impress and failed over and again.
We can replace these three overhyped guys with 5 good solid NRL players for the same dough.Then we build a team like Stuart did.
With the money(approx 3mill)the toxic merkin Isaac was trying to defraud the WT on behalf of the 3 muppets we can sign 7 quality players !! Hence we r now in a fantastic position ! Good riddance to the 3 overpaid under-delivering imbeciles !

It beggars belief that the dogs prefer a useless bogan & pathetic leader over a tough competitor who leads from the front like James graham.What the f**k r the dogs thinking.Thank you so much to the deluded dogs for luring the ungrateful shitbag to the kennel.

Vic Mackey

Referee
With the money(approx 3mill)the toxic merkin Isaac was trying to defraud the WT on behalf of the 3 muppets we can sign 7 quality players !! Hence we r now in a fantastic position ! Good riddance to the 3 overpaid under-delivering imbeciles !

It beggars belief that the dogs prefer a useless bogan & pathetic leader over a tough competitor who leads from the front like James graham.What the f**k r the dogs thinking.Thank you so much to the deluded dogs for luring the ungrateful shitbag to the kennel.

If the dogs are really going to shaft graham for woods it's the biggest head scratcher I've ever seen.

Tiger05

First Grade
I can't believe that the dogs have taken Woods from us. Seriously it's like a gift from the lord above.

I don't have any suggestions about who to buy but I'd just play moneyball. We just need to get a solid team on the park each week.

Clifferd

Coach
If the dogs are really going to shaft graham for woods it's the biggest head scratcher I've ever seen.

I can only assume it's because Graham is going over to England , and the replacement is seen as woods which i don't see why any club in the nrl would want him as a prop lol

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can only assume it's because Graham is going over to England ,l

Could be but don't think so mate. I've done some business with JG and he is well and truly settled in Sydney with his family. I don't think he'll move back even after he retires.

Das Hassler

Bench
As ive said teams have been playing finals without any of the three dearly departed...a custom built side engineered by Cleary can surely do the same. .the WTentity is still young and i believe there may well be a permanent shift in culture taking place....i'm particularly encouraged by the cleanout of corrosive personalities in the club ...now and in the recent past

Tiger Ted

Bench
The only negative about trying to sign JG is he has a heavily back-ended contract.
We've got to b economical & shrewd with the expenditure of our war chest.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
It's been emotional but I'm voting BEST day. There's always a silver lining, and this could be the best thing to happen since '05. We have a war chest essentially to buy whoever we want and with Ivan's influence we hopefully can not be a total basket case anymore in the future.

Another positive, sledging Moses, Woods, and Tedesco at the ground for the rest of their careers will be fun.

Vozzy

Juniors
The only negative is tedasco but still 1 million a year is a lot to match. It's not like the tigers are winning games with these players anyway.

New coach new era. Past 6 years have been painful but time to blood some young guys and build a new team.

Woods going to bulldogs doesn't mean bulldogs will be any better. They will have to shred heaps of players. The Morris boys Graham jackson klemmer mbye Reynolds plus rest of the squad some will have to be cut to fit woods for 1 million.

Tedasco going to roosters may not be that good for him no may they can fit him with Pearce keary Cordiner Hargraves friend gurerra mitchell Kenny Dowell topau there are a lot of origin kiwi internationals on that list plus rest of the squad.

Both bulldogs and roosters surely will have to cut like 3 to 4 decent players to fit them in.

Now we can go out and find like 6 players for 300k hopefully 3 front rowers 2 more back another good back rower a 5/8 and fullback?

stryker

First Grade
Its gonna be interesting on the weekend. Tedesco will be playing in front of two sets of fans who will be giving it to him.