What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The WTF Awakens. A Dragons Story.

Seriously WTF is wrong with that bloke we laughingly refer to as a "Head Coach"

He drops Nightingale for Mann, but moves Nightingale to the bench for a 9 minute cameo for appearently no reason at all.
Mann, despite this forums hard on for him, when he is selected in the run on side, has a shit game.

Then he drops Lawrie from the bench despite his amazing performances in the 3 minutes of game time he's had, for Host, who dosnt get on the field.

We play a crap game, that at various stages we looked tired and lethargic, but, no, the two bench players we have can cool thier heals for 71 minutes and 80 minutes respectively.

What the hell is going on with this "ironman" football he seems determined to play?
We had 4 players backing up, Frizz, despite his enthusiasm in attack, was objectively terrible in defence.
JDB looked buggered at various stages, so did Vaughn, no replacements with bench players.

We will never win a comp with this idiot.
If Nighty was so bad he needed replacing, why didn't Lomax play?
It was a forwards game, as it is against the Dogs, why didn't Host play?
Why did Lawrie get dropped from the bench.

This stuff is beyond third grade level.

Frank Facer

First Grade

He drops Nightingale for Mann, but moves Nightingale to the bench for a 9 minute cameo for appearently no reason at all.
Mann, despite this forums hard on for him, when he is selected in the run on side, has a shit game.

Then he drops Lawrie from the bench despite his amazing performances in the 3 minutes of game time he's had, for Host, who dosnt get on the field.

We play a crap game, that at various stages we looked tired and lethargic, but, no, the two bench players we have can cool thier heals for 71 minutes and 80 minutes respectively.

What the hell is going on with this "ironman" football he seems determined to play?
We had 4 players backing up, Frizz, despite his enthusiasm in attack, was objectively terrible in defence.
JDB looked buggered at various stages, so did Vaughn, no replacements with bench players.

And we are leading the comp again, with Mary as coach. lol

Bench
All Saints supporters are passionate about our team. We are running first, but there are signs that our season is under threat by the way we have been playing last few weeks.
Today’s game was ugly in both attack and defence. As has been mentioned before our power game, like last year is under attack. The fear is that we will end up the same as last season.
The team lacked direction today, both Hunt and Widdop did not direct the play, it seemed to me that it was just the forwards taking the ball up and then a kick on the fifth.
The bench today should have been 4 forwards and used to give JDB, Vaughan and Tyson and Graham a break.
I don’t know why was Mann in the starting lineup and Nighty on the bench.Mann did not impress me and would love to know McIdiot.’s reason for that.
The use of the bench again beyond belief, what is the point of having Host sit there for 80 minutes.
I don’t know whether McIdiot can lift our team to get them back on target. He has done nothing in the past to prove that he could’
I will always support my team but there are worrying signs that it could come undone.

Buz-V

Juniors
Here is my philosophy, Maybe he's trying to use all his subs on his best players and just having the 17th man there for injury cover? Maybe he thinks say giving Graham or Vaughan an extra rest is better than using his rookies.

18to87

First Grade
This is not an overreaction because it is the same sort of mismanagement of the bench that led to the team fading its way out of the finals last year. The side has better players this year, so missing the 8, or maybe even the 4, may not happen. But, at this rate, Mary will have key players dead, injured or with heavy legs in August or September when they are needed the most. The very least he can do is play someone like Sele or Lawrie or Host for 20 minutes per game instead of running the Origin and England rep (Graham) into the ground every week.

ouryears

Bench

Perfectly said.

Crush

Coach
I don’t think so.
We were lucky to get the win against a side that is an absolute rabble.
How is that in any way a good thing?

As the season goes on, against halfway decent teams, McMuppets bench use is going to hurt us, as it almost did today.
1st on the competition ladder!!!!!!!

Crush

Coach
I’d like us leading the comp in September.
If you can’t see the danger signs at this stage of the year, I’d suggest your not paying attention
Mate it's NRL. Its a very close competition where 16th can beat 1st and everything in between.
Yes we were lucky today but we have won 10 games and lost 3. Thats a consistently solid record.
The good teams get away with the tight wins as many have done this weekend.
We are looking very good.
The danger signs are not there.

Gareth67

First Grade
Besides the fact that our big forwards are facing burn- out or fatigue , there is the other big problem of players such as Host and the rest of the ' splinter- magnets ' from the bench - what will become of them come the finals when they will be called upon ?

Those end of season matches are torrid affairs , every team is fighting for their survival and Mary will have no option but to use players whose total game time can be measured in minutes , not games but minutes . I wonder if that will present a problem ? ? ?

Uplifting

Juniors
Agreed, our Dragons are leading the comp but they’re fans aren’t completely convinced. Partially because some of us are doubting the 17 named each week are the best we have - especially with the talent we have in ISP. Regardless the boys deserve a pat on the back and the success they’re having.

ouryears

Bench
This is a massive overreaction. Classic forum behavior. Love it.
Mary must wish that you signed the contracts Crush, he would have an extension on his desk right now.

Led 14/6, scored nothing more, except penalty goals.

Abysmal.

Last edited:

Latest posts