What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The year that was ....QRL 2015

The Partisan

So we are done and dusted for another year !

Any highlights / lowlights / surprises / disappointments / milestones or memories that anyone wants to share ?

A couple from me:

• Seeing Kirwan SHS - a country school - win the National Schoolboys comp against all comers including the might of Sydney was a surprise.
  • Watching the Residents game live at Langlands was a highlight. The poor crowd (pretty much up against the Roos /Kiwis test @ Suncorp) and the ridiculous hour at which was replayed was disappointing.

expansionist

Juniors
2015 Positives:

The BRL competition. Seeing Valleys Royal Blue on the field was wonderful.
PNG were good performers. They outperformed a lot of peoples expectations this year and thats pleasing for me as a Q-cup fan but also as an internationalist.
Dolphins Oval announced redevelopment
Ipswich feel good GF and then the win over Newcastle
Seeing some of these ISC players 'discovered' by the wider NRL community as though theyve found them under a rock on a distant planet
Getting out to games - I really enjoyed the games and grounds this year, including seeing some 'neutral' games. I hope to do more again next year

2015 disappointments:

Scheduling - there were huge gaps in the ISC schedule with no games being played in Brisbane over several weekends
In the BRL I was dissapointed not to have Brothers in there, and I would LOVE to see a real Wests team in there
Still no announcement on Souths / Davies Park

Thats all i can think of for now, But i reserve the right to think of more later!

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I'm just happy that we had a pretty strong year in general.

A lot more people seem to be talking about QLD Cup/BRL these days than 5-10 years ago. Adding Townsville and PNG and bringing back Valleys has made a big difference I think.

There's no talk of QLD Cup clubs going belly up, in fact there's talk of more expansion.

The school comps seem strong as ever and two more junior clubs started up recently in my district.

So a pretty non existent year for most ...... :sarcasm:
The other forum used to have a really active QLD section, I wonder why most of those guys didn't sign up here when it died. I don't really know where else they'd go.