What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There's 70 Aboriginal players in the AFL

yawn

Juniors
Anthony Mundine is an entertainer and people would love Mundine doing this.

Goodes is a holier than thou wimp and people don't like it.

RoosTah

Juniors
Why do the opp Fans target Goodes? Dude needs to harden the faaaark up!

Yeah, and you need to grow a faaaarken brain dickhead. This has been explained about a billion times. Open a f##king newspaper and do some reading before you open your trap.

Shorty

Staff member
They're have been many indigenous players in the afl, but the few that have made a stand against racism like goodes, long and winmar get booed the loudest.

The whole 'there's 70 other indigenous players in the comp, how come they don't get booed' argument is flawed. Goodes doesn't get booed because he's aboriginal, he's booed because his stand against racism. That's what makes this a racial issue.

Imagine if a guy threw eggs at the mardi gras and tried to use the excuse 'I'm not a homophobe, I only threw eggs at the guys (and girls) because they are flogs and I don't like the way they put their rainbow imagery in my face. There's hundreds of thousands of gay people in Australia but I only threw eggs at the flogs in the parade so it can't possibly be about homophobia. I got my son to shout out FAIRIES!!. because they actually resemble fairies not because it's been a long term phrase to abuse gay people'
Basically any derogatory word you can think of is fair game, and if you get insulted too bad.

I do like that squeaky clean AFL is getting the dragging it deserves, when they were talking about 70 players...it didn't seem like something to be proud about...doesn't seem like that many to me.
How many does the NRL have?

nomis88

Juniors
I used to get booed by people on the sidelines in under 11's FFS,it made me the beast i am today.

So you were booed because of your race were you? Were you also called an ape because you were indigenous? Actually you probably summed it up well when you used the term beast, you are certainly sub-human.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Just thought i'd throw my 2 cents and see how many Australian Indigenous NRL players there were based on the top 25 teams in the player guide at the beginning of the year.

This comes to 42 players JUST in the top 25 squad. My bet is that there's definitely more in each team. Not to mention we have a plethora of Pacific Islander players too.

* means not in the NRL anymore

Broncos: 3 (Hodges, Thaiday, Waddell)
Raiders: 1 (Lee)
Bulldogs: 1 (Thompson)
Sharks: 3 (Barba, Fifita, Graham)
Titans:5 (Bird, Hoffman, James, Roberts, Tighe)
Sea Eagles: 1 (Hodges)
Storm: 3 (Chambers, Learoyd-Lahrs, Robinson)
Knights: 2 (Gagai, Roberts)
Warriors: 2 (Allwood, Wright)
Cowboys: 3 (Lui, O'Neill, Thurston)
Eels: 5 (Champion, Norman, Peats, Robinson, Sandow*)
Panthers: 4 (Idris, Peachey, Smith, Soward)
Rabbitohs: 4 (Inglis, Grevsmuhl, Johnston, Turner)
Dragons: 4 (Farrell, Nielsen*, Rose, Thompson)
Roosters: 1 (Ferguson)
Tigers: 0

elbusto

Coach
So you were booed because of your race were you? Were you also called an ape because you were indigenous? Actually you probably summed it up well when you used the term beast, you are certainly sub-human.

Precious pup aren't we ?

LESStar58

Referee
So Anthony Mundine was perhaps more "divisive" than Goodes was yet was still not systematicly heckled like Goodes was.

More of an AFL problem.

elbusto

Coach
Haha Ruth bader Ginsberg is 80 years old. If you have to go for an old Jewish lady to make your point you might just hate Jews ? Phil Gould looks like a frog does that reflect on how white people look.
That is offensive to frogs.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Haha Ruth bader Ginsberg is 80 years old. If you have to go for an old Jewish lady to make your point you might just hate Jews ? Phil Gould looks like a frog does that reflect on how white people look.

Just like using Scarlett Johansson to prove a point hey? Never said I hate jews.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Just like using Scarlett Johansson to prove a point hey? Never said I hate jews.

You said they weren't photogenic that is obviously untrue. Some Jews are good looking some are average looking and some are ugly. Just like every other group of humans.

Moran Atias is very good looking for example and Larry David is not.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You said they weren't photogenic that is obviously untrue. Some Jews are good looking some are average looking and some are ugly. Just like every other group of humans.

Moran Atias is very good looking for example and Larry David is not.

No shit sherlock, man people will cry over anything.

Damn you, Frank, damn you. Haha.