What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is a serious side.

ouryears

Bench
Lol Soward over WIDDOP!
Soward the human speed bump compared to the tackling machine of WIDDOP
Soward goal kicking capabilities vs WIDDOP ?? Really?
WIDDOP is a world class player - Soward was never considered a world class player
Widdop sets up an average of 2.4 tries a match for the dragons - Soward? Lol
Widdop is the English captain over the likes of Graham, Burgess and the rest
Soward would rate behind Mundine, Barrett and MANN IMO!!
Not disagreeing what you say Mickey, it's close.

But I don't think widdop is the captain of the poms, Sean O'Loughlin is

giboz71

First Grade
We look like the best team in the comp so far this season.

Absolutely we are and it’s, not even close now the Warriors have lost.

Might be different in a few weeks time but no side has performed better than us and sustained it for as long. Not even the Storm and Roosters and the Cows are no where near us.

Well done to the players and the coaching staff (and yes that includes Mary).

Oh and btw, TAB has us at 5.50 to win the comp now making us premiership favourites even ahead of Melb (who are 6.00).

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
We are a serious side that showed what we are capable of when we are a little fresher yesterday & why we have been top of the points ladder all year.
No doubt the losses to Warriors (reports virus swept through a few players) & playing injured in some key positions against Souffs & Panthers, combined with those teams lifting as Merrin said, "they were pumped all week leading up to the game" this is going to happen to every team every year. But to win when you play average against the Dogs when we showed early how dynamic we can be, looked as though we just pulled back on the reigns slightly, so we could get the job done.
Interestingly all the teams that have beat us, have performed poorly the next week & shows that they find it more difficult to be able to lift with the same intensity week in week out.
Don't be fooled that this is just a coincidence, factor in with a fresh team what we did to Storm & Roosters, in those games it was Semi final type preparations & that maybe our coach is going to give more game time to our up & comers (like Host was given) from here on to PREVENT this happening, I'm seriously excited that THIS IS A SERIOUS SIDE...
Ps.
Your wish is granted Crush. LOL

Crush

Coach
We are a serious side that showed what we are capable of when we are a little fresher yesterday & why we have been top of the points ladder all year.
No doubt the losses to Warriors (reports virus swept through a few players) & playing injured in some key positions against Souffs & Panthers, combined with those teams lifting as Merrin said, "they were pumped all week leading up to the game" this is going to happen to every team every year. But to win when you play average against the Dogs when we showed early how dynamic we can be, looked as though we just pulled back on the reigns slightly, so we could get the job done.
Interestingly all the teams that have beat us, have performed poorly the next week & shows that they find it more difficult to be able to lift with the same intensity week in week out.
Don't be fooled that this is just a coincidence, factor in with a fresh team what we did to Storm & Roosters, in those games it was Semi final type preparations & that maybe our coach is going to give more game time to our up & comers (like Host was given) from here on to PREVENT this happening, I'm seriously excited that THIS IS A SERIOUS SIDE...
Ps.
THIS IS A SERIOUS SIDE!!!!!
Thanks slippery!

ouryears

Bench
Ps.

Ps.

Was a decent win VS Manly no doubt.

I am still not too excited at this stage, pretty much everyone has beaten Manly, and almost everyone has beaten the Dogs.

Warriors even smashed Manly just before we did.

Manly went into the game with no hooker, had to put a winger in there due to injuries and salary cap. Among their other major issues.

I am NOT criticising our boys, they did well, they did what they had to.

I am just saying I am not excited by beating the Grubs and Manly, two of the worst teams this year.

When we play well against Storm again, Roosters again and the Warriors, that's when it will grab my attention.

But the team played well yes.

Crush

Coach
Was a decent win VS Manly no doubt.

I am still not too excited at this stage, pretty much everyone has beaten Manly, and almost everyone has beaten the Dogs.

Warriors even smashed Manly just before we did.

Manly went into the game with no hooker, had to put a winger in there due to injuries and salary cap. Among their other major issues.

I am NOT criticising our boys, they did well, they did what they had to.

I am just saying I am not excited by beating the Grubs and Manly, two of the worst teams this year.

When we play well against Storm again, Roosters again and the Warriors, that's when it will grab my attention.

But the team played well yes.
Dragons 24 Roosters 8
Dragons 34 Storm 14
Does that grab your attention? Because in case you missed it that happened not all that long ago......

giboz71

First Grade
I am still not too[/QUOTE]
Dragons 24 Roosters 8
Dragons 34 Storm 14
Does that grab your attention? Because in case you missed it that happened not all that long ago......

And the Dogs and Manly has been beaten by almost everyone ?

Except the Panthers who lost to the Dogs and Melbourne and Brisbane who lost to Manly.

All who are in the 8.

Crush

Coach
I am still not too

And the Dogs and Manly has been beaten by almost everyone ?

Except the Panthers who lost to the Dogs and Melbourne and Brisbane who lost to Manly.

All who are in the 8.[/QUOTE]
Its pathetic.
Until we beat Roosters and Storm AGAIN there is nothing to see here. 1st after 15 weeks and still dribbling out the same old rubbish that we are no chance.

I tell you what, it has been a bad weekend for old ouryears. His beloved Penrith absolutely copped a hiding and the dragons who he expected to struggle against Manly put them to the sword.
Poor ouryears, always next week.

denis preston

First Grade
The thing that excites me is the more points we accrue , the better taper preparation we can have for the semis. I'll give the coach some slack in playing his best side to accrue these points ( still dumbfounded to not playing the 17th man , even for 10 )
If this all comes to plan than we have the perfect pack to play semi football. Mann on the wing or centre, Lomax thereabouts , Host & Lawrie ready ( due to NRL game time between now and then ! ) so I'm confident we will be in the mix. The side peaking at the right time also includes the coaching staff !

It’s a 3 horse race now as far as I’m concerned us the bunnies and the chooks,Penrith got us at the right time at home in Penrith but the chooks exposed them the other night and they got beaten by the dogs who are so shit that if Sydney had an enema the hose would be inserted at belmore although we’re not the flashiest side I think we’re honest with enough talent across the park to go all the way I keep hearing we’re going to collapse during origin well here we are game two, I think the key is how the rep players are all managed over the next fortnight especially the Pom’s coming back from Denver

gregstar

Referee
souths look like the best team in the comp at the moment.

however - congrats jowls. we've moved on from April premiers to June premiers.

Old Timer

Coach
[QUOTE="Crush, post: 12964530, member]
Its pathetic.
Until we beat Roosters and Storm AGAIN there is nothing to see here. 1st after 15 weeks and still dribbling out the same old rubbish that we are no chance.
I tell you what, it has been a bad weekend for old ouryears. His beloved Penrith absolutely copped a hiding and the dragons who he expected to struggle against Manly put them to the sword.
Poor ouryears, always next week.[/QUOTE]

The year is enjoyable as there are many turns and twists
Teams that previously looked more invincible than vulnerable have come back to the field and teams like us look less vulnerable and able to match it with anyone on a given day
The lead into the semis is the really critical time and those coaches who can find ways to elevate team performance under pressure will IMO prove to be the difference.
Ni doubt we have a good roster and playing better (at the moment) than in previous years but I still have an eye looking over a shoulder watching a brewing Storm and will watch with interest how we weather it.

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade
It’s a 3 horse race now as far as I’m concerned us the bunnies and the chooks,Penrith got us at the right time at home in Penrith but the chooks exposed them the other night and they got beaten by the dogs who are so shit that if Sydney had an enema the hose would be inserted at belmore although we’re not the flashiest side I think we’re honest with enough talent across the park to go all the way I keep hearing we’re going to collapse during origin well here we are game two, I think the key is how the rep players are all managed over the next fortnight especially the Pom’s coming back from Denver

We’re right up there this year.

But I said it before a ball was kicked this season and I’ll say it again. I still have concerns with our back 5.

Teams like the Storm, Roosters and Bumnies will still likely expose us in must win games with their fire power out wide.

As much as I’d love to say we’ll win the comp this year, I just don’t think Dufty, Nene, Nighty, Aitken and Lafai is a premiership winning back line.

I hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:

gregstar

Referee
We’re right up there this year.

But I said it before a ball was kicked this season and I’ll say it again. I still have concerns with our back 5.

Teams like the Storm, Roosters and Bumnies will still likely expose us in must win games with their fire power out wide.

As much as I’d love to say we’ll win the comp this year, I just don’t think Dufty, Nene, Nighty, Aitken and Lafai is a premiership winning back line.

I hope I’m wrong.
if we don't fix our left hand defense, we'll be cannon fodder when the whips are cracking.

[QUOTE="Crush, post: 12964530, member]
Its pathetic.
Poor ouryears, always next week.

The year is enjoyable as there are many turns and twists
Teams that previously looked more invincible than vulnerable have come back to the field and teams like us look less vulnerable and able to match it with anyone on a given day
The lead into the semis is the really critical time and those coaches who can find ways to elevate team performance under pressure will IMO prove to be the difference.
Ni doubt we have a good roster and playing better (at the moment) than in previous years but I still have an eye looking over a shoulder watching a brewing Storm and will watch with interest how we weather it.[/QUOTE]
Oops silly me how could I forget the storm!