What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is What the Average Fan Can Do

1st & 10

Juniors
Hi all. I know there have been a barrage of new posts expressing fan anger and justified . But what can an average joe do ?

Send the football club an email stipulating that the red v membership will not be renewed until Doust is gone and coaching staff fired. Do not be rude. I did it and they offered me the world to stay. I replied "Price and Doust equals no me"

Also ring the club, all calls are registered with the reason for call etc. do not be rude. Be prompt, polite, be firm and follow through

We hold the dollars and in numbers are stronger than any board

We stopped the merge with easts and the possibility of joining super league etc fan power

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
If zero Dragons fans turned up to the last two home matches it would be a good start. But I guess its just something about ignorance and human nature that will stop this from happening.

That type of protest would probably get the message across better than other options.
Public outcry is not in the clubs' interest.

1st & 10

Juniors
Hurt them in the hip pocket

Anyone seen the movie Mystery Alaska?

When the away team NY rangers enter the rink all the fans hold up an open newspaper read and say nothing. Hilariously effective

Coffs dragon

Bench
Hit the club where it hurts, in the back pocket! Black ban both Saints & Steelers Leagues Clubs until action is taken with new Management & Coach. No Pokies, No Dim Sims and a rapid decline in revenue coming into the very walls that the Boys Club hide behind.
Force the bastards out like a pest controller.
I would not like to see the players hurt by fans boycotting our home games. Doust & the club have already done enough damage f.cking up our lack of home & heart.

hazzbeen

Bench
Hit the club where it hurts, in the back pocket! Black ban both Saints & Steelers Leagues Clubs until action is taken with new Management & Coach. No Pokies, No Dim Sims and a rapid decline in revenue coming into the very walls that the Boys Club hide behind.
I would not like to see the players hurt by fans boycotting our home games. Doust & the club have already done enough damage f.cking up our lack of home & heart.
Coffs I rarely go to the St George club now mate . The place is one of the worst clubs for atmosphere , the food is average , they dont run much entertainment any more . They are catering for the Chinese community ( not that I have a problem with that ) . For me the club and the football club are in a time warp , so Coffs Im already doing that .....

Coffs dragon

Bench
Coffs I rarely go to the St George club now mate . The place is one of the worst clubs for atmosphere , the food is average , they dont run much entertainment any more . They are catering for the Chinese community ( not that I have a problem with that ) . For me the club and the football club are in a time warp , so Coffs Im already doing that .....
Fair call Hazz, I haven't been to the old Taj since early 90's & it was a declining shit hole then. If only the Chinese community stopped frequenting the place it may force a sale & redevelopment opportunity. Maybe the only way for the Dragons to survive and privatise the football club as a lone entity.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Coffs there is nothing at Stains Leagues to make you want to go any rate.
You would have to keep the asians out for the revenue to be affected.
That is about 85% of the people who go there nowdays

hazzbeen

Bench
Fair call Hazz, I haven't been to the old Taj since early 90's & it was a declining shit hole then. If only the Chinese community stopped frequenting the place it may force a sale & redevelopment opportunity. Maybe the only way for the Dragons to survive and privatise the football club as a lone entity.
Coffs I have posted before Why don't they turn the club into a sports club . Have a Soccer team , Cricket side , have a Rugby side all based at the club . That will generate memberships and could have two codes at times playing from our home ground . Just a thought , don't know if it can be done , something needs to change ....

jay mac

Juniors
Problem is we, the fans, are too easily appeased. We get angry and motivated when we're losing, and want the coaching staff and management removed. But when we're winning we seen to forget all about that (generally speaking).

The rot at the Dragons isn't measurable in the win and loss columns; it's systemic, it's cultural. The fan base needs to be consistent in its message regardless of the on-field results. "Oust Doust" and "McGrexit" shouldn't just be a catch cry after a few losses if we want sustained success for the club. We should have been calling for change even after Round 7.

Old Timer

Coach
Problem is we, the fans, are too easily appeased. We get angry and motivated when we're losing, and want the coaching staff and management removed. But when we're winning we seen to forget all about that (generally speaking).

The rot at the Dragons isn't measurable in the win and loss columns; it's systemic, it's cultural. The fan base needs to be consistent in its message regardless of the on-field results. "Oust Doust" and "McGrexit" shouldn't just be a catch cry after a few losses if we want sustained success for the club. We should have been calling for change even after Round 7.
Not sure you should use the "royal plural" as there are some who have been steadfast in raising their concerns and have copped their fair share of flack doing so.
As for the rest of them good luck trying to convince or motivate them as many have tried and perished trying.

jay mac

Juniors
Not sure you should use the "royal plural" as there are some who have been steadfast in raising their concerns and have copped their fair share of flack doing so.
As for the rest of them good luck trying to convince or motivate them as many have tried and perished trying.
Hence my use of the term "generally speaking" ;). For the record, I was feeling optimistic during the few wins to start the season, so am probably one of the "we" I referred to. It was just such a long time since we'd tasted success for more than a couple of games in a row. And i'll probably forgive myself for using the Red V for one of my few forms of escapism (it has become pure realism).
Anyway, it's only my two cents on the matter OT. I just think it's futile trying to lobby the club if you're only doing it after a few losses. I can just picture Emperor Doust in his ivory tower now, when learning of another campaign by the fan base to have him removed.

"Didn't we give them a few wins earlier in the year? LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!"

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Hit the club where it hurts, in the back pocket! Black ban both Saints & Steelers Leagues Clubs until action is taken with new Management & Coach. .............................................

I black banned myself from the club after meeting my wife there, in 1980.
I'm still filthy on the place!

What's that dearest? ............... just telling the boys how we met at that wonderful club.
Yes , my dearest .......... of course I will make you a cuppa, would you like anything else?

Latest posts