What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Sunday's viewing in Queensland

Kaz

junior
Razor said:
All I know is Northern QLD doesn't show the North QLD games, and Canberra doesn't show the Canberra matches.

And is Channel 9 a sponsor of these clubs. :roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Razor, don't NBN show all the Newcastle games too??

Cheers,
Ben S.

Last year they usually showed a game only if it wasn't being shown already. But they didn't replace the normal TV game rather put it on a bit later.

IE 8:30 - 9:30 on a Saturday or late at night on a Sunday.

Razor

Coach
Same thing happens next week

Instead of Bris v Mel on FS then Dragons v Knights on 9, we get Bris v Mel twice.

Paullyboy

Coach
I have no problem with channel 9 showing the broncos games, but why cant they do the best thing and show that AS WELL as the regular sheduled sunday game that the rest of the country see's. If they are that desperate to show the broncos playing some dud team then at least show the real match of the day as well.

weasel

First Grade
Surely Fox Sports must realise this is the situation whenever the Broncos play a Sunday game? Perhaps they should make sure they never have their matches scheduled for the 2:30pm Sunday live game. I think it's disgraceful that the first time the Storm vs Dragons game is going to be broadcast anywhere on Australian tv is at 8:30pm when the kick-off is at 3pm.

Razor

Coach
Surely Fox Sports must realise this is the situation whenever the Broncos play a Sunday game? Perhaps they should make sure they never have their matches scheduled for the 2:30pm Sunday live game. I think it's disgraceful that the first time the Storm vs Dragons game is going to be broadcast anywhere on Australian tv is at 8:30pm when the kick-off is at 3pm.

Or the NRL should never give the Broncos Sunday games unless it will be the main game on 9. If it's on a Saturday then 9 Brisbane still show that match Saturday night, and the main match on Sunday.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Kaz said:
Razor said:
All I know is Northern QLD doesn't show the North QLD games, and Canberra doesn't show the Canberra matches.

And is Channel 9 a sponsor of these clubs. :roll:

No, but i did hear that Ch.Nein will let the local TV station (that is affiliated with them) show the Cowboys game for a $400,000 fee . . . PER GAME.

I wonder if this is why the Newcastle games aren't being shown on their local station anymore?

Parra_Eels

Bench
we've been getting this ridiculous broncos rule for about 4 or 5 years now and it pisses me off even more. last year we missed the roosters and newcastle, the roosters and bulldogs and the return to kogarah match to watch matches like broncos vs cowboys and broncos vs wests tigers. rabs and the real commentary team showed the warriors game because it was the second best match of the round but bomber and glen lazarus are absolute shockers

Razor

Coach
Posted off a letter today to Channel 9 Brisbane complaining about their policy. Hopefully a lot of others do the same, and they'll reverse the policy.

~knights~

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Razor, don't NBN show all the Newcastle games too??

Cheers,
Ben S.

NBN used to show the knights games late at night ,but not any more.

And they are sponsors of the knights.