What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This week vs the Goons of Drag

Card Shark

Immortal
Gotta mate who's a chronic Goons fan who admitted to me he found it tougher watching the Sharks winning their first than watching the Stains win nothing for over 30 years

At least you have a couple of April premiers cups...looking good for another.

Give 1 to each kid...to drink their beer out of.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Gotta mate who's a chronic Goons fan who admitted to me he found it tougher watching the Sharks winning their first than watching the Stains win nothing for over 30 years

I didn't really give a f**k, but the Sharks were the brunt of all my jokes.

All of em.

And we sucked, so.....yeah.

Get f**ked ya merkins. Im getting my mojo back.

I'll be arrogantly and wilfully obnoxious all over again.

Youse love it.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
At least you have a couple of April premiers cups...looking good for another.

Give 1 to each kid...to drink their beer out of.

I love April.

Best footy month of the year, I reckon.

We'll have you merkins toasted twice before Anzac Day.

Dont get much better than that.

ouryears

Bench
Dragons, Premierships: 1

GadYAap.png

Suck it up shonks

St George Illawarra Dragons
Follow the performance of the Dragons in the largest St George Illawrarra Dragons forum anywhere on the internet

Established 1921. Coach: Paul McGregor. Premierships: 1941, 1949, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1977, 1979, 2010

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Suck it up shonks

Follow the performance of the Dragons in the largest St George Illawrarra Dragons forum anywhere on the internet

Established 1921. Coach: Paul McGregor. Premierships: 1941, 1949, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1977, 1979, 2010
WOW........didn't realise you guys had won only 1 comp in 38 years......FAARRKK ME......thats almost Sharks like (and you know how faarrkked we are).......and to think you had to merge to even achieve that .....tsk.....tsk.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I love April.

Best footy month of the year, I reckon.

We'll have you merkins toasted twice before Anzac Day.

Dont get much better than that.
Thanks for popping in and sharing your thoughts with us Ronnie.....been too long.....Can the mods or some other kaarrnnt please disinfect the place now he's gone ?

ouryears

Bench
WOW........didn't realise you guys had won only 1 comp in 38 years......FAARRKK ME......thats almost Sharks like (and you know how faarrkked we are).......and to think you had to merge to even achieve that .....tsk.....tsk.

Poor shonks you are so envious of big brother hey
You won one in 50 years. Lol
And howwwww many spoons?!
The NRL are so sorry they ever let you guys out of playing in the under 8s

@ouryears
I see you have made a glory thread in the red and white makes pink forum.
Here is a statistic you can add to it.
St. George were on steroids when they won their 11 straight.

OK lets try this one, when St.George won their 11 straight they were onsteroids, well for at least 8 of those premierships.
Their doctor at the time, Tony MIllar,was a strong advocate of giving athletes steroids.
He even got sacked as team doctor for the Commonwealth games because of his opinion.
Lets figure his involvement with the Dragons
Denies he ever gave anything illegal to the Dragons--- Just like Dank
Players never tested positive--- just like the Sharks
His name was forever blackmarked but nothing proven---just like Dank

Dr. Millar says that very few of his clients were professional athletes.
Out of the 5000 people he treated , I would count 13 as very few.

Thats it, the overwhelming evidence says the Dragons were on steroids, well at least the same amount of evidence as was against the Sharks. Strip them of all 11!!

A FORMER Australian Commonwealth Games team doctor has called for sporting authorities to give up on their war against drugs, claiming steroids don't cause harm if they are administered properly.

The Lance Armstrong doping scandal has put the issue of drugs in sport back into the spotlight, with most commentators calling for more stringent testing of athletes.

However, Dr Tony Millar, the founder of Australia's first sports medicine clinic and St George's doctor for eight of their 11 straight rugby league premierships in the 1950s and '60s, believes athletes should be allowed to take performance-enhancing substances if they are administered by a health professional. ''It doesn't hurt them if they do it properly,'' Millar said.

''The thing they have told me was that they were unfair. Well, they were given to everybody - and that's more than you can say about the world's best coaches and best equipment. They say that people won't watch things but we all know that drugs are used in sports and they're building bigger and bigger stadiums.''

Millar was the team doctor for three Commonwealth Games campaigns and was about to stand down from the 1986 campaign, his fourth, for health issues. However, he was sacked before he had the chance after a controversial article he wrote on steroid management was picked up by a medical journal.

The 87-year-old, who practised medicine for 67 years before his retirement last year, claims to have administered steroids to as many as 5000 clients as part of a ''harm reduction program''. He denies ever providing steroids to the great Dragons teams he oversaw or to any Commonwealth Games athletes, saying that ''very few'' of his clients were professional athletes.

''I would prescribe these anabolic steroids, monitor you and bring you back when you finished to follow you up to see what happened," said the inaugural City2Surf doctor. ''I didn't have any deaths, no heart problems and I did this for some 20 years. It all depends on what you do with whatever it is. Guns are very dangerous - if you put them up to your head and pull the trigger. But they're not dangerous if you put them in a drawer.

''There are more steroids taken now than there were 30 years ago and there's no evidence of an increased death rate from them.''

The seven Tour de France titles which Armstrong won have been erased from the record books and the cyclist ordered to repay the prizemoney he has won. But as International Cycling Union officials attempt to restore the public's confidence, Millar said testing athletes was a worthless exercise. ''I think it's a waste of time and money when you think how many billions a year it costs,'' he said.

''And we're to give more money to ASADA from the government to test these things. They say they are unfair but you can get them and I could get them. I can't see what's unfair about that. With all that money spent on drug tests, think of what we could have done for the poor. It's become pretty plain to me that [drugs] were being used on the advice of uneducated people. We should be able to do a hell of a lot better with an educated person[administering them].''
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/doctor-sanctions-steroids-20121027-28c9k.html

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Forever in our shadow.

When a lonely girl walks at night and there is some creep following
When a guy grabs ya box at a nightclub
When the star player pisses in his mouth
When we all inject steriods from gals fridge
When we bash our wives...
When the oldest f**kwitt on the forum changes team halfway through his life
When your home ground is built on a rat infested swamp

Ladies and gentlemen.... sing it with me UP UP CRONULLA

Forever in our shadow.

When a lonely girl walks at night and there is some creep following
When a guy grabs ya box at a nightclub
When the star player pisses in his mouth
When we all inject steriods from gals fridge
When we bash our wives...
When the oldest f**kwitt on the forum changes team halfway through his life
When your home ground is built on a rat infested swamp

Ladies and gentlemen.... sing it with me UP UP CRONULLA
One of the evil Doc Millers experimental dwarf siubjects is on the lose.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Suck it up shonks

My source is from the official governing body of the game, your source is from a forum run by a Dragons fan... not sure I see the validity in sucking it up?

Also, it's odd that the largest dragons forum anywhere on the internet has less posts and messages than the Sharks section... If we were to leave it would cripple this site.

Latest posts