What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This weeks teams

Parraren

Bench
1st GRADE

1 –Ashley GRAHAM
2 – Jason MOODIE
3 – Jamie LYON
3 – Willie TONGA (What the?)
4 – David VAEALIKI
5 – Matt PETERSEN
6 – Adam DYKES
7 – Michael WITT
8 – Nathan CAYLESS ©
9 – John MORRIS
10 –Adam PEEK
11 – Nathan HINDMARSH
12 – Lee HOPKINS
13 – Daniel WAGON
Interchange

14 – Shayne DUNLEY
15 – Steve CROUCH
16 – Daniel HECKENBERG
17 – Darren TREACY
18 – James WEBSTER
20 – Dean WIDDERS

Coach – Brian Smith

Not Considered
Chris Armit (knee)
Luke Burt (Collarbone)
Alex Chan (Arm)
Robbie Duffy (Knee)
Brett Hodgson (Ribs)
Andrew Meads (Knee)
Pat Richards (Calf)
Michael Vella (Knee)

PREMIER LEAGUE

1 – Ronald PRINCE
2 – Matt GRUSZKA
3 – Willie TONGA
4 – Chad HALLIDAY
5 – John WILLIAMS
6 – Steve WITT
7 – Paul GREEN
8 – Kylie LEULUAI
9 – Daniel IRVINE ©
10 – Justin TSOULOS
11 – David SOLOMONA
12 – Anthony BOYD
13 – Ryan HINCHCLIFFE
Interchange

14 – Jeff ROBSON
15 – Nathan Hollingsworth
16 – Nathan McMILLAN
17 – Josh DILLON
18 – Adam WHEELER
19 – Tim SMITH
20 – Matt LANTRY

Coach – Shane Flanagan

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parraren said:
1st GRADE

1 –Ashley GRAHAM
2 – Jason MOODIE
3 – Jamie LYON
3 – Willie TONGA (What the?)
4 – David VAEALIKI
5 – Matt PETERSEN
6 – Adam DYKES
7 – Michael WITT
8 – Nathan CAYLESS ©
9 – John MORRIS
10 –Adam PEEK
11 – Nathan HINDMARSH
12 – Lee HOPKINS
13 – Daniel WAGON
Interchange

14 – Shayne DUNLEY
15 – Steve CROUCH
16 – Daniel HECKENBERG
17 – Darren TREACY
18 – James WEBSTER
20 – Dean WIDDERS

Coach – Brian Smith

Not Considered
Chris Armit (knee)
Luke Burt (Collarbone)
Alex Chan (Arm)
Robbie Duffy (Knee)
Brett Hodgson (Ribs)
Andrew Meads (Knee)
Pat Richards (Calf)
Michael Vella (Knee)

PREMIER LEAGUE

1 – Ronald PRINCE
2 – Matt GRUSZKA
3 – Willie TONGA
4 – Chad HALLIDAY
5 – John WILLIAMS
6 – Steve WITT
7 – Paul GREEN
8 – Kylie LEULUAI
9 – Daniel IRVINE ©
10 – Justin TSOULOS
11 – David SOLOMONA
12 – Anthony BOYD
13 – Ryan HINCHCLIFFE
Interchange

14 – Jeff ROBSON
15 – Nathan Hollingsworth
16 – Nathan McMILLAN
17 – Josh DILLON
18 – Adam WHEELER
19 – Tim SMITH
20 – Matt LANTRY

Coach – Shane Flanagan

This just reuterates my point about us getting smashed this weekend!!.....we have David Solomona our most creative forward in Premier League & still contracted to us.....then we see Willie Tonga who's going to some club at Punchbowl next year get a start!!,

I note i see Crouch still in our team......shouldn't he have the weekend off due to his head high tackle.......may be putting our side at unwanted risk with his inclusion!!

Parraren

Bench
BRISBANE v PARRAMATTA at Suncorp Stadium at 5.35pm.

BRONCOS: Darren Lockyer, Craig Frawley, Michael De Vere, Tonie Carroll, Stu Kelly, Ben Ikin, Shaun Berrigan, Shane Webcke, Richard Swain, Petero Civoniceva, Gorden Tallis (c), Corey Parker, Dane Carlaw. Interchange: Brad Meyers, Andrew Gee, Carl Webb, Casey Maguire, Scott Minto, Neale Wyatt, Michael Coorey (three to be omitted).

EELS: Ashley Graham, Jason Moodie, Jamie Lyon, David Vaealiki, Matt Petersen, Adam Dykes, Michael Witt, Nathan Cayless (c), John Morris, Adam Peek, Nathan Hindmarsh, Lee Hopkins, Daniel Wagon. Interchange: Shayne Dunley, Steve Crouch, Daniel Heckenberg, Darren Treacy, James Webster, Dean Widders (two to be omitted).

Referee: Sean Hampstead (aka Mr Bean).

..and don't be surprised to see Vella a late inclusion into the side come Saturday arvo with Crouch, Webster & Widders dropping off the bench.

Freak

Juniors
I just don't understand why Smith persists with Crouch. His record alone should speak for itself. (Wins Vs Losses)
Anyway I hope your wrong Ron about us getting smashed. I'll be making my way up to Brisbane this weekend for the game and I can't wait. It will be great to see the new suncorp stadium and compare it to ours.

Apart from the surface I have heard nothing but praise for it from a spectators point of view.

Anyway Parra by plenty and the Dragons to sneak home over the Knights.

I have not heard the fat lady just yet!! but i know she is warming up!!
and she sounds bloody terrible :lol: :lol:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
ren,

I hope you're right about Vella coming in, and Crouch & Webster ommitted. From a report in the SMH today, it appears that Dunley only missed out in the last 2 weeks due to injury (see below). I have mixed feelings on Widders... he had a couple of brain explosions against the Storm, but when he's hot, he's hot.

From SMH: "PARRAMATTA Shayne Dunley is back from a leg injury as part of a six-man bench for Saturday night's game against the Broncos."

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Freak said:
I just don't understand why Smith persists with Crouch. His record alone should speak for itself. (Wins Vs Losses)
Anyway I hope your wrong Ron about us getting smashed. I'll be making my way up to Brisbane this weekend for the game and I can't wait. It will be great to see the new suncorp stadium and compare it to ours.

Apart from the surface I have heard nothing but praise for it from a spectators point of view.

Anyway Parra by plenty and the Dragons to sneak home over the Knights.

I have not heard the fat lady just yet!! but i know she is warming up!!
and she sounds bloody terrible :lol: :lol:

Yeah i hope you do have a good time & Parra do us proud but?? the Broncos have a very good side this weekend with Tallis back & Lockyer with a game under his belt.......a very tough game for Parra!!,

The fat Lady's practice sessions are stepping up a gear of late......she is getting louder & louder i must say!! :lol:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Lockyer... :roll:
Hasn't done too much this year. And last week, he missed tackles, threw the ball to the ball boy and kicked dead in touch. Not much of a threat in that form. Hopefully he can step up so the Broncos don't use that as an excuse though.

Tallis... :roll: :roll:
Again... hasn't done too much this year. Will be fired up and probably worth 2 or 3 penalties. Again, hopefully his dodgy knee holds up for the full game so that we don't have to hear Broncos fans whinging and hiding behind excuses for a week, like we have had to endure with the Sharks fans this week.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
PS. Lockyer's stats from last week:
6 tackles
14 hitups
0 offloads
1 line break
4 missed tackles
3 errors

Hardly the performance of the world's number 1 player, let alone number 1 fullback. (Even allowing for a return from a relatively short term injury, Hindy came back after a much longer rest from the game and was performing from day one).

Let's face it. Instead of coming back and lifting the team, he has come back and the rest of the Broncos have dragged him down to their mediocre performances of late.

Freak

Juniors
I dare say they have rushed Lockyer back into the side due to desperation. Realistically even if they do beat us it now appears they will at best finish in 7th or 8th spot.
Not exactly the best spot to be for a team with so much in its favour.

I reckon the Bronc's are on a big slide. Look at the players they have lost over the last 4 to 5 years and now there other stars in Lazarus, Tallis, and even Lockyer are not getting any younger, and who have they been replaced with Hmmmm :roll:
Berrigan, Ikin, Myers, Kelly, McGuire, Parker - Not exactly from the top shelf.

In saying this if they play like they did against the Dogs in the first half of the season they would beat anyone. That was the best defensive effort I have ever seen from a rugby league side. AMAZING!!
Lets just hope they forget how to defend come Sat afternoon!!

Tallis won't be right, but Bennett is desperate. Lets just gobble them up!!

Parraren

Bench
The hidden keys for us (IMHO) are Vella, Treacy & Dunley. All these guys were out injured against the Storm and we really missed them. Vella & Treacy were the unsung hero's of our forward pack during our recent run of victories and our side just looks more solid and settled defensively with these guys leading us around. Dunley is an explosive weapon off the bench and has been carving up sides all year. Add Cayless to that list with a couple of games under his belt and I think we're heading for a big upset......Eels 20-12.

slippery eel

Juniors
Dykes in the team????. Oh god help us..... he better play better than he did against the Storm. As for the Sharks game and his good performance.... so what..... we were on a roll.

Freak

Juniors
The problem with Dykes is he thinks he's a Mediterranean Descendant.

He likes to look good before he plays good.

For example; The chip kick over the top for Hopkins to score last week.

A simple through the hands actions wide would have got the same result.

Im not saying he doesn't have the individual skill to be a great player, but I just think he plays very selfishly and this does not compliment Witt's game at all.

Would much prefer Morris at 5/8. Not as many wrong options!!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I'm pretty sure I saw Dykes setting up at least one try with a get-the-ball-out-wide-as-quickly-as-possible pass as well.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
besides, he's playing opposite Ikin, so that should make him look good to start with.

the real battle in this game will be in the forwards.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I reckon Dykes is far and away the bloke most likely to do a Fittler/Johns bullet like 3 man coutout onto the chest of an unmarked winger close to the line. He can throw a damn good ball!

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm there. Got my ticket in the car, ready to jump on the train from the Gold coast Saturday afternoon.
Can't wait to send the Broncos to the glue factory.

Parraren

Bench
Latest team news on 2GB...

- Dunley & Vaealiki both out.

- Prince has been training at fullback & Graham in the centres.

- No sign of Vella returning :cry:

Latest posts